• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2023 Top 10 official numbers -- #10 will shock you

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
after watches and wonders, official numbers have been published.. and here are the top 10 of the watch galaxy

Rolex absolutely annihilates all competition generating sales over 10 Billion CHF (that's almost $11 Billion) and here are FACTUAL evidence that the crown moves over 1,000,000 units a year nearly doubling their closest rival Cartier in sales. To those who say the crown would be lucky to move 1 million watches.. well, they've sold over 1.24 million in 2023 .. the numbers are staggering

Top 10 is an absolute shocker.. breaking in to the Top 10 for the first time ever, who'd ever have thunk that!

Cartier ain't too shabby.. 3.1 Billion CHF = $3.28 Billion

Omega just rocks to be honest... the aquaterra.. planet ocean's.. and their collabs with the moon surely helped generating 2.6 Billion CHF = $2.8 Billion

to those interested in numbers and how the watch world shapes up and information... this is a feast! :O

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
That Tissot PRX is very popular, it sits at a nice price point where it's accessible to most, but still a big step up from a Timex or Casio.

This is the market segment that Tudor and Omega and Rolex used to hover much closer to, but they've both priced themselves well out of reach of a lot of their former customers.

Face it, we're an outlier segment of the population. Most people can justify $500-1000 on a luxury watch, but when you start talking about $3-10k or more, you see fewer and fewer potential buyers.

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
That Tissot PRX is very popular, it sits at a nice price point where it's accessible to most, but still a big step up from a Timex or Casio.

This is the market segment that Tudor and Omega and Rolex used to hover much closer to, but they've both priced themselves well out of reach of a lot of their former customers.

Face it, we're an outlier segment of the population. Most people can justify $500-1000 on a luxury watch, but when you start talking about $3-10k or more, you see fewer and fewer potential buyers.
I'm just shocked because I never did think of Tissot as a "Luxury" Brand.. heck I had genuines back in the day.. I thought it was an everyman type of watch..

but they moving numbers... numbers don't lie and 2023 was a GREAT year for them.. heck, they bumped IWC out of the top 10 and IWC was like ranked 8th the year before

so maybe a brighter future for Tissot if they keep this up and for sure from what you mentioned, the strength of their new? PRX line

but from a personal standpoint.. glad to see them making waves like this..

I do wonder how far IWC will fall... the brand and watches.. seem.. umm, boring (to me)

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
BTW I just did a google on the PRX and you're absolutely right.. it definitely sits at a nice price point.. get genuine swiss.. and looks.. I can see how they moved over 3,000,000 watches

congratulations Tissot!

Reactions: p0pperini

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Tissot makes watches with good quality for the price... Si it's not a surprise !

• Wow
Reactions: tomriddle

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
btw gang i am not saying or implying that Tissot is now Luxury brand.. just look at who they're with.. in terms of Sales and money generated

they are imo, punching well above their weight!

GO TISSOT!!
It's not a luxury brand by our standards here, perhaps, but to most folks, anything Citizen/Seiko or higher is a luxury watch. Tissot certainly qualifies for the vast majority.

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
If we rank in terms of average watch prices, RM is far ahead of the rest at CHF 275k.

The holy trinity comes next, AP at CHF 46k, VC at 31K and PP at 29k.

Expectably, Longines and Tissot ranked lowest, at CHF 690 and CHF 266 respectively.

I wonder what would the numbers be for IWC and JLC.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Well you have to give it to Breitling. Had more units sold previously but price per unit was around 4888 in 2021 and now 6769 which is a higher price per unit than Omega even. Growth for Omega was about 19% from 2 yrs ago and roughly 38% for Breitling going by price per unit looking back on 2021 numbers. I'm hoping for better numbers for TAG after their great release of the 39mm "glass box" Carrera. The H02 movement is under appreciated in my opinion. If they, like Breitling, come out with 3 hand inhouse movements then null and void are most of the criticism of the brands but I digress. Rooting for Breitling and Tag 😁 🙏

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
Tudor not on top 10 sales? Suprising
loving all the other posters' viewpoints and comments.. i totally forgot other brands when thinking of top 10..

JLC on top of them. Totally forgot about that brand when thinking of what others TISSOT bumped off. TAG is also a heavyweight and I've personally had a genuine F1 when they first debuted their F1 line...

IWC got bumped by Tissot but others have failed to crack top 10 as well which are surprising. Tudor like you mentioned... TAG, JLC, Panerai even..

I do wonder how Panerai does in sales... truth be told.. I think Ii've seen only TWO Panerai in the entire 30+ years I've lived in nyc... 1 on a woman too, LOL!!! now that is a story by itself

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Tissot some years ago, like 20 years or more I remember , was seen as luxury but someone in the chain of comand after everything went together (swatch) decided to lower Tissot and push Longines in place.

It is a nice addition to top 10 seeing that also some more affordable are in that exclusivist bunch of manufacturers.

Other than that the usual suspects .

@tomriddle thanks for sharing!

Last edited: