• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2019 Seamaster from VSF - white dial

FLBeachBum

Horology Curious
28/9/19
This is the kinda stuff that makes me nervous about buying, I do not know exactly what to look for. What makes this better than the 2018 VSF that puretime sells?

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
This is the kinda stuff that makes me nervous about buying, I do not know exactly what to look for. What makes this better than the 2018 VSF that puretime sells?

This is the VSF 2018. Its just the new white dial version.

All the TD's buy direct from the VSF factory so its just a question of preference which you choose, depending on the service you receive.
Personally, I have used 3 different TD's and, so far they have all been very good.

Quality from VSF has been debatable with all these 2018 wave dial seamasters, regardless of which color dial it has been.

Some of the things to look out for are:

Misaligned Dial (some dials seem a degree or two turned from centre 12 postition)
Misaligned Bezel (can have same problem as above)
Misaligned 12,3,6,9 stick markers (markers can not align to bezel or dial at these positions or not be straight)
Double Stick marker at 12 on dial not being parallel with each other (you can see this on the white dial QC i posted earlier in this thread)
Glue smudged around pearl marker.
Date not centered in date window
Wonky 11 in date window (this one is present in all these watches)

My advice would be
Dont be too Picky... Things always look worse in a blown up QC image
Allow for the fact the camera angle may not be centered and may be looking up, down, to one side or all the above, when the pic was taken. This can give an illusion of misalignment.

This is an example QC i received from a previous VSF i bought
mmexport1567393202424-1.jpg

Not great on alignment. anyone can see
QC was actually taken with bezel in 1 click back position
Also angle of camera lens makes some positions of bezel look in line despite it being one click back.
Glue can be seen around pearl.
I think a lot of people would have rejected this.
I accepted this watch base on the pic below which shows it still in box before it was taken out.
This is the only pic where the bezel was in correct position.

mmexport1567393201578-2.jpg

I have the watch on today and it looks great. I cant see that glue, that was present on the QC at all, no matter how hard i look.
12 oclock position between dial, markers,bezel, pearl, and center link of bracelet is a little iffy, but if you want perfection you should buy Gen
Even then you may not be happy.

Last edited:

FLBeachBum

Horology Curious
28/9/19
Thanks Mark, that was an informative reply and I appreciate it. I have thought about buying a clean used gen and putting on a 15 month interest free credit card. I try to be smart about my money tho. I will take a bit of a chance and buy a rep soon, either whilte or blue wave dial

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Chinese Holiday starts tomorrow.

I join the the long line of people waiting for their watches to be sent. :(

prowatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/19
What do people think of the movement? From the pics on puretime it does look a little sloppy?

Poonfluff

Known Member
4/4/18
Alberta, Canada
...left-right...up-down...somebody asked for some QC of White Dial.
Do you have any better?!

P.S. Nowhere I'm saying it's "my dial"

Did not mean to offend you. I was simply trying to help...

And by left, i meant counter-clockwise. My previous seamaster had this flaw. I was not critical enough on my dealer. It drove me nuts.

Here's a pic of my QC from Mary. Sadly its stuck in China, waiting for my other watch (Omega PO Tai Chi) and for the holiday to pass.
jjoyS.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zkrollex

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Has anyone seen how the Gen lume is on the black / white model? I believe it's releasing in store in November?

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
Did not mean to offend you. I was simply trying to help...

And by left, i meant counter-clockwise. My previous seamaster had this flaw. I was not critical enough on my dealer. It drove me nuts.

Here's a pic of my QC from Mary. Sadly its stuck in China, waiting for my other watch (Omega PO Tai Chi) and for the holiday to pass.
jjoyS.jpg

No problem,everything is OK!
This QC set,which I've posted,belongs to friend of mine,I already own the black dial with same flaws,but this flaws don't make me less happy.
On the wrist this watch looks stunning.
Till now nobody have said to me 'this thing is not a GEN',including two my friends which have a Replica Shop. :)

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Nope, looks perfect. What your asked about at least.

There are other things though.....look closely.....

Edit - actually, I think it's great. The thing that I thought was a thing is probably not a thing. I hope that clears it up.

Last edited:

6S3NC3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/16
Nope, looks perfect. What your asked about at least.

There are other things though.....look closely.....

Edit - actually, I think it's great. The thing that I thought was a thing is probably not a thing. I hope that clears it up.

The scuff look on the 12 marker? Thats not on any of the other pics that i have. That was tho only other thing that stood out.

Edit: Omega logo looks off on bottom left but im not sure if thats just the picture. Lines on dial dont show super detail so i guess that not a great pic.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
The scuff look on the 12 marker? Thats not on any of the other pics that i have. That was tho only other thing that stood out.

Edit: Omega logo looks off on bottom left but im not sure if thats just the picture. Lines on dial dont show super detail so i guess that not a great pic.

The 'scuff' on the 12 marker was the only thing - but as it's only on some of the photos, I'm guessing it's just dust on the crystal so I changed my mind - hence my edit. So it looks good to me! Not that I'm an expert or anything.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
This watch looks too damn nice.
I have 2 black waterproofed V2 300m's, I guess 1 will have to go to fund this one...

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
How bad is the yellow lume in real life or even compared to Gen?

Any cheap and good replacement rubber straps with Omega logo available?