• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 Seamaster 300m Rose Gold (RG)/Sedna Gold on blue rubber - VSF vs. Gen Comparison

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Sorry I was away for some time. So let me answer some of your questions:
1. Gold color & fading. Rose Gold/Sedna Gold is exactly as gen. There is zero difference. Does it fade? I don't know. I had the watch for 2 weeks and sold it. But it should be ok, it looked really solid.
2. The BezelEngravingGate (BEG): yes, there is a difference between gen and rep, but don't overestimate it. Side by side with gen you know which is which, but it does not look bad. It is a super tiny detail and it will not bother you.
3. The thing that bothers me the most is the QC of the lume. Not the color (the YellowLumeGate is nonsense), but its application. Please be careful with the QCs and it will be ok.

It is an excellent rep, highly recommend it!

Thanks for your insight and the tip. Really appreciated!
Its just that the 2018 Diver is pretty popular watch in europe so I am kind of afraid, that if I meet someone with the gen ... then it might be an instant tell. But I love the RG version so much that I will give it a try.

Last edited:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Agreed. I would compound what you're saying about the bezel engraving by adding that just because it's different from gen, I wouldn't consider it a flaw exactly. For example, a crooked marker is a flaw no matter how you look at it. It's a mistake. The bezel engraving doesn't make it look cheap. In fact, when I saw the gen, my first impression was that it NOT being engraved made the gen look cheap lol. If we got 100 people together that knew nothing about watches and asked what was gen and rep just by looking, I bet we'd get a pretty split answer ~50/50

Lastly, its pretty damn subtle anyways. I showed my friend whom always likes looking at my watches and guessing the differences, and whats gen, whats rep, etc. and she never even noticed.

I would say its a flaw for an replica which should be as close to the gen as possible. It doesnt mean that its a cheap quality product or something like that. I would consinder it a flaw which I can live with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dissemination

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I would say its a flaw for an replica which should be as close to the gen as possible. It doesnt mean that its a cheap quality product or something like that. I would consinder it a flaw which I can live with.

Well we are saying something similar, just different connotations to the word, "flaw" :) in any case, its not glaring or obvious, no one would notice unless they knew what to look for or wanted to compare watches... which I can hardly fathom someone wanting to compare "identical" watches. Unless they are part of the rep community haha.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
The sub everywhere situation was NYC; I'm mostly in US and Mexico, but recently also a lot of time in Poland and Germany

In Vienna there are also a lot of subs. I also had a gen omce but sold it and got another one instead.

Wonders me that you never saw the rg version in germany