• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

ZTS

28/5/10
Found a really good hands on video of the 35mm Santos by GF. Watching this has made me happy about my purchase decision. Looks great.

https://youtu.be/ioT7gyhtydk

Hope this helps others make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Good find and thanks for posting. Whoever that guy is he is going above and beyond with the videos on his channel.

Had them both on today at an AD and the 40 just sits so much better for me, especially on leather. (6.75 wrist). Also RG gen in this is a beauty!

Reactions: vcappp

atozzotas

7/1/15
New GF just arrived
ba6b660e91f5d69ee8cc0f28a1691c24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

channeh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/17
Just got my KOR V2 with the smart-links bracelet. Absolutely amazing quality, really well done by KOR. And finally get to fit the custom strap I ordered for it two months ago.
8e4bb4be7ed7a7eaa7ce1ecb8919550b.jpg
ed552c54b4f020fa9aeec35a7d383869.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

This looks incredible, really exciting to receive my GF medium and compare!!

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Can you describe it?

two problems on the Gf bracelet are described below.

I received my GF 35mm and I have a few thoughts to share

Firstly, for a replica watch, from a new player in the game, and considering they are priced so competitively, I was very impressed with the presentation and the finishing of the watch.

The GF comes with a very nice Cartier service pouch, which does not actually feel too cheap by rep standards. It's a nice addition to the package. It also includes the leather strap, and having handled the gen, their strap doesn't feel too far off. Its a bit flimsier but I wasn't expecting it to be on par. Color and stitching looks quite good and not something I would be concerned about being called out.

Some macro shots of the detailing. Dial print could be slightly better- but if I'm being honest, on wrist and in person (even looking closely) its near impossible to see any of these flaws. The print could be a tiny bit thicker on the Roman numerals (just being extra critical here), for all intents and purposes you cant really see the difference with gen. Certainly without a side-by-side no one is going to notice any issues. Lastly the sapphire IMO looks a tiny bit dark compared to gen.

Now here is where I had a few issues (take this with a grain of salt, I may have just gotten unlucky...) - I am having a lot of issues with the bracelet.

I'll preface this by saying that the finishing and detailing on the bracelet is fantastic. The screws along the bracelet are all perfectly even. The brushing on the bracelet, the engraving on the clasp, all look excellent.

However, the quick-release for the bracelet at the lugs is stuck on one side, I managed to force it open when I first received it, but now I'm unable to remove it at all...

Secondly, the easy-links system is beautifully replicated... for the most part. Out of all the links on the bracelet I've only had an issue with 2 links where the pin just wouldn't stay in. It kept popping out randomly. This wasn't an issue for the first link, because I managed to just change it out for a different link. The second link happens to be the "end link" that is secured to the rest of the bracelet and I cant remove it or change it... So now I'm currently stuck with one pin that is constantly sticking out.

Going to try and sort the issues, but just wanted to share my initial impressions.

Some additional shots and sizing comparison with my aquanaut:

atozzotas

7/1/15
does it have the smart link pin problem?

Not that two problems.
Was able to change the strap and the pins stay in.

The only thing I noticed and I don't know if it's a feature of the link, is that when you release the pin I was able to move the pin to the other side and remove the link but the pin won't come out fully from the bracelet at the other side (it didn't interfere with the removal as a I said)

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Not that two problems.
Was able to change the strap and the pins stay in.

The only thing I noticed and I don't know if it's a feature of the link, is that when you release the pin I was able to move the pin to the other side and remove the link but the pin won't come out fully from the bracelet at the other side (it didn't interfere with the removal as a I said)

thanks. the pin will not be fully separated from the link. =same as genuine.

deju

Known Member
Supporter
15/11/12
Are Kor / GF working on a decent TT? The last TT I saw posted in this thread was the wrong gold.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
And what about this one?

https://puretime.io/featured-produc...al-on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015.html

I saw it last week in a Cartier shop in pair with the white dial. I think that the blue is prettiest. I'm not a fan of white dial watches, and I like more the shape of the hands of the blue version.

Anyone knows if GF, KOR or V6F are working on this version?

I’m also game for the blue as soon as KOR or VSF give it a go. But don’t know if that will happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: theslavetrainer

KS_Wan

Horology Curious
31/8/15
Those patient ones can wait out for the two-tone or the blue.
I'm not. Pulled the trigger on the GF mid-sized.

Really amazing out of the box.

Vz4Edo.jpg
On my 6.5inch flat-wide wrist. Dainty sized face and 19mm bracelet takes a while to get used to after years of massively-sized divers.

Vz4Dwr.jpg

Crown jewel is very dark with flashes of blue at the correct angles. If it's any consolation, it's looks like a real sapphire.

Vz4uzI.jpg

Roman numerals looks good. Bezel is a bloody scratch magnet.

Vz4pnL.jpg

Bracelet and clasp are comfortable. Although tolerances are obviously not as tight as gen.

Vz4b5K.jpg

Crystal looks good.

Vz41fe.jpg
Polished bezel means a supreme pain in the ass to photograph indoors.

Vz35rF.jpg
Absolutely amazing in outdoor light.
Vz3mn0.jpg
Complimentary strap from GF. Din really need tool-less change, but appreciated the convenience.

Thanks to Ryan from Intime, prompt and excellent as usual. Thumbs up!

https://www.intime04.co/cartier/600...-bracelet-miyota-9015-free-leather-strap.html

Last edited:

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Are Kor / GF working on a decent TT? The last TT I saw posted in this thread was the wrong gold.

If there was a decent two tone they’d have my money immediately but as far as I’m concern factories don’t replicate yellow gold very well

stampsatit

15/3/16
So have we come to a conclusion on which factory has the best and accurate Santos in the large size with bracelet yet?

All these factories are confusing me and delaying me from buying the watch.

Then they throw a spanner in the works by releasing the beautiful blue dial. Arrrgh

Sent from my noob v9.5

want to know too