• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2014 TC's Rolex Submariner 16610LV

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
:ttiwwop: Lets see some side by side comparions to the v6 or a Gen insert please!!! For 6-700 bucks this is a steal!!!

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
:ttiwwop: Lets see some side by side comparions to the v6 or a Gen insert please!!! For 6-700 bucks this is a steal!!!
Here you go bud. Next to my gen no date sub and next to gen LV insert.

No brainer to me if your in the market for a LV.. I have funds for a gen but wouldn't even think about it after owning this TC.

1/10th the price for 9/10th the watch. Lol.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
100% agree TC makes an outstanding watch I'm thankful everyday I found this forum and didn't waste $5200 on a pre-owned 16610 LN but I cant really take the credit it was my high end watch dealer that said "Watch out for counterfeits, They make some great Counterfeits that even I cant recognize without opening" he never should of said that because I'm the type that will find out. As far as the LV insert can you see a difference other than the pearl surround and only in that case you need a loupe. Is the green as spot on as it looks. Cant wait till mine returns with the new crown.

mac83

9/7/13
Only things I can see is maybe the bezel teeth seem to be a bit deeper on the gen but again most people probably won't even notice

Iller

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/13
How is the difference between TC and Gen insert in real life lighting?

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Today while soaking my TC V6 LN bracelet in baby oil I thought what if I pack the underside of the bezel with silicon grease??? The bezel is just a little loose and clicky not like a genuine. So from opposite the crown side I started massaging silicon grease under the bezel and turning until I had packed that baby full and guess what its a little tighter and doesn't make much of a click noise. feels much more genuine, still could be tighter, but in the real world imagine all the variations of genuines!

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
How is the difference between TC and Gen insert in real life lighting?

None at all! Dark green in the shade and a lighter green in the light. Perfect match to my gen insert. You will see a few different shades of insert in the gen world.

B&E355

9/2/15
Only things I can see is maybe the bezel teeth seem to be a bit deeper on the gen but again most people probably won't even notice

They're spot on, it's just that the gen has more lustre with the polish.

As a general rule I think far too many people under-polish their watches, period. Both from new and after wearing. They have this guilt that if it's too shiny and new it will draw attention on the details which could catch them out.

Bust out that shine, folks!

image0r

14/11/14
Well put. I can believe some people try to scratch their watch up to give it a more vintage look. I hate things with scratches- I want to look sharp and so will watches.

Just my .02 cents

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Well put. I can believe some people try to scratch their watch up to give it a more vintage look. I hate things with scratches- I want to look sharp and so will watches.

Just my .02 cents

100% agree I don't mind an insert fade or case softening but banging your watch up is just lame, I have a genuine Omega seamaster from 97 and its not mint but I have tried my best to keep it scratch free and with a little cape cod it would be mintish :)

krotzn

1/3/15
Just e-mailed Thomas. Can't wait to hear from him and how Long it takes to get the watch...

razorsedge

11/6/13
Finally got my insert today.

b30830f1-4128-4cd1-bbed-7add046ce2c7_zpsdewem4tb.jpg~original

lolersd

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
25/8/14
Looks great! I will definitely consider picking one up in the near future.

neos

4/2/15
someday I will pick up myself one of these

vegasbaby

11/3/14
Just emailed him! I hope he isn't too busy though :(

Sounds like you can give up on that hope...I just heard from TC and he is a bit behind his build schedule of 30-45 days. I'm hoping for 2 months or less for mine (ordered 2/18)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk