• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2014 BaselWorld Blue Black Bay

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Surprised there isn't a thread about this already. I believe that Angus has already posted pics over on RG with a blue and a black bezel. But let's have some eyecandy first.

SezRMhv.jpg

The Tudor Heritage Black Bay has been one of the more popular and successful dive watches of the past few years. The red bezel and warm dial with rose gold details give it a distinct look that appeals to those usually more interested in vintage Tudors while still looking new and modern. Today we bring you a second take on the Black Bay, now with a cool silver-accented dial and midnight blue bezel and crown tube. It's a totally different look but has all the same things to love as the original.

iJYhQJf.png

When it comes to the technical specs, this is the same Heritage Black Bay that we first saw in 2012. It has a 41mm polished steel case, the vintage Tudor logo at 12 o'clock, the snowflake hands, and the updated take on the "big crown" coveted by vintage collectors. But, while the first was inspired by a faded vintage watch found in the Tudor archives, this new Black Bay takes its color from the blue Tudor Submariner dive watches best known for being supplied to the French Marine Nationale in the 1970s

bQSd7Nz.png

You'll notice immediately that while the original Black Bay's dial was a warm, almost chocolate-tinted black, the new dial is deep matte black. Additionally, the rose gold hands and surrounds for the hour markers have been replaced by silver hands and markers. The dial has an overall more crisp, clean look instead of the faded vintage look of the original. The red of the bezel and crown tube has also been replaced with a slightly metallic midnight blue. It's a great new colorway that gives the watch a substantially different feel from the original.

1HU9dUQ.png

The new Tudor Heritage Black Bay will be priced at $3,425 on the bracelet and $3,100 on the leather strap, exactly the same as the current model. It should be hitting the US in June.

yngchrn

🍔🍟🍔🍟
Certified
23/10/12
nice.... wondering when it will be rep

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Angus has already seen a prototype. But as always the colour isn't correct yet.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I like it. I think it has lost something over the original with the white dial features, however, I love the blue.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Well the original being tritium is going to look different. It used to be white, now it isn't :)

I personally think it's looking very nice indeed. Will add this to my collection I think. Will sit nicely against my red BB.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Well the original being tritium is going to look different. It used to be white, now it isn't :)

I personally think it's looking very nice indeed. Will add this to my collection I think. Will sit nicely against my red BB.

I meant the original Black Bay! The second part of the second paragraph nails it for me, the red and rose gold gave the previous version a warmth I'd associate with a vintage (style) watch, where as the cleaner white and silver really compliment the blue on this one to give a much more contemporary style.

Having both will be the best way not to have to choose a favourite, I've still not picked up the red version so will either have to make a decision when the blue one is released or, like you, get one of each...

Dimitriii

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/10
This is great. I always personally disliked the red one. This one is beautyfull

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Been so close a few times to picking up a BB mate, but the burgundy/red always worried me as being a beggar to compliment. Wear Navy blue a lot (and am not even a sailor lol) so this has got my attention. Though al hold off ss long as I can as the Pelagos has seriously got me wanting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk