• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st Purchase Omega ceragold PO 8501

Nightwind

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/17
Hi i ordered a Omega PO Ceragold 8501. This is an old 2016 model that has been discontinued n i had a tough time looking fer a rep as the factories no longer produce it.

So i was much elated when Torobravo emailed me to inform they had old inventory and i placed the order and paid 2 days ago.

i had thought that since this was an existing watch in storage they would be able to send me same day QC pics. But now it seems i am in for a long wait till early Feb perhaps before i even get QC pics. So i am rather puzzeled as this is not a new build.

The other concern is that if the watch was in storage fer afew years, in less than optimal storage conditions, the overall quality n inner motors of the watch would be compromised.

SO is this a bad idea to proceed with the purchase as i do so like this particular model.

Nightwind

28/5/17
Well its been 4 days since payment. Watch was suppossed to be old inventory. But still no QC pics. Should i be worried?

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Have a look at the faq pages, 4 days is not a long time to wait for qc. Td’s don’t keep stock, regardless of old or new inventory, it will still have to be sourced from the producing factory.

Nightwind

28/5/17
Have a look at the faq pages, 4 days is not a long time to wait for qc. Td’s don’t keep stock, regardless of old or new inventory, it will still have to be sourced from the producing factory.

Hi they just told me i wont get QC pics till after 4 Feb 2020 as they r shut from today till 4 Feb 2020. I guess i picked the absolute worst time to place an order. Will prob be early March before i even receive the watch, if ever...

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Hi they just told me i wont get QC pics till after 4 Feb 2020 as they r shut from today till 4 Feb 2020. I guess i picked the absolute worst time to place an order. Will prob be early March before i even receive the watch, if ever...

You are using a td, so you are in safe hands. All the factories shut down over CNY so it can definitely hold things up this time of year

Reactions: Nightwind

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Ok tks. Patience is not one of my virtues. I been looking for this watch fer a long time.

I’m afraid it’s the name of the game with reps, I placed an order a couple of weeks ago, received qc but just before sending there was apparently a problem with the movement so I’m no awaiting a new qc and hoping it all gets sorted before CNY!

Nightwind

28/5/17
I’m afraid it’s the name of the game with reps, I placed an order a couple of weeks ago, received qc but just before sending there was apparently a problem with the movement so I’m no awaiting a new qc and hoping it all gets sorted before CNY!

Ouch now that would suck. At least they spotted the movement issue BEFORE they shipped the watch to you. And yeah that may also be a real issue for my order as the watch has been in storage under god knows what conditions, fer afew years. So that will take its toll on the inner mechanics as well as the facade....

i asked Torobovo to do a thorough check before they send me the watch....

Nightwind

28/5/17
Hi any news of your watch? Its been over 3 weeks now since i paid. And with half of china under lock down due to the Wuhan virus, we may not get any watch at all?

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Hi any news of your watch? Its been over 3 weeks now since i paid. And with half of china under lock down due to the Wuhan virus, we may not get any watch at all?

I placed my order jan 3rd and it arrived Thursday last week :) CNY means you could have a bit of a wait

Nightwind

28/5/17
Chinese new year ends 4 feb but china govt declared a workstop till 10 feb. N this will probaby be extended. I will request for a refund when they resume work. This is the 3rd time i ordered this watch. All previous orders ended in failure in previous years.

i m giving up fer good now.

I placed my order jan 3rd and it arrived Thursday last week :) CNY means you could have a bit of a wait