• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st Omega Speedmaster - Complete NOOB

Redheart

17/5/19
Yes, very much so!! It’s a great piece.

I have this same watch, but with a ceramic insert. I really love it, but the sapphire crystal keeps bothering me. I was wondering if you changed it on yours?
Also the case back is not great on this one. I would much prefer a sterile caseback in order to reduce the overall thickness of the watch. I am on the hunt for one, otherwise I might grind the stock one.

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I have this same watch, but with a ceramic insert. I really love it, but the sapphire crystal keeps bothering me. I was wondering if you changed it on yours?
Also the case back is not great on this one. I would much prefer a sterile caseback in order to reduce the overall thickness of the watch. I am on the hunt for one, otherwise I might grind the stock one.

Do the updated version come with ceramic insert?
The inserts on these actually start to fade OOTB and look older without use.
I would prefer a ceramic insert to make the watch pop more.
I have not been contemplating changing the crystal on mine as I don’t want the added cost.
Regarding the caseback. If you go slimmer you will probably hinder the venus movement. Also no guarantee the caseback will fit.

Redheart

17/5/19
Do the updated version come with ceramic insert?
The inserts on these actually start to fade OOTB and look older without use.
I would prefer a ceramic insert to make the watch pop more.
I have not been contemplating changing the crystal on mine as I don’t want the added cost.
Regarding the caseback. If you go slimmer you will probably hinder the venus movement. Also no guarantee the caseback will fit.

I asked for the latest OMF and they sent me QC of This one with a ceramic insert, with Platinum engraving, in the same fashion as the Daytona inserts. I probable could have asked for the regular insert, but i liked the crispness if the ceramic one, and i was thinking This could maybe pass as some obscure speedy version on the wrist.
i too don't want the added cost, but 8 really want to freeze the 6 sundial so I might as well switch the plexi.
As for the case back, i might just grind this one, but it will take hours!????

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I asked for the latest OMF and they sent me QC of This one with a ceramic insert, with Platinum engraving, in the same fashion as the Daytona inserts. I probable could have asked for the regular insert, but i liked the crispness if the ceramic one, and i was thinking This could maybe pass as some obscure speedy version on the wrist.
i too don't want the added cost, but 8 really want to freeze the 6 sundial so I might as well switch the plexi.
As for the case back, i might just grind this one, but it will take hours!????

Bro, pls post 1 x QC!

Astrodrew22

Looking Around
20/6/20
I am still confused... do all the subdials work like they are supposed to with the chronograph function? Like the gen?

Reactions: d4v3