• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1950 wrist shots

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
Anyone have any 1950 wrist shots? been thinking about pulling the trigger on a fiddy but it might be bog for my wrist! any help would be appreciated! thanks!

evildee

13/9/06
6.75 inches

img2002va0.jpg

img2005vf0.jpg

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
very cool pics and cool watch, i love the look of them but i hated wearing that clock, i did a review a few years back with it around my beagle millers neck , the strap alone could be used as a dog collar , those are huge, that is why i went with a vintage piece very similar but no cg, it has the 8mm brevet crown which i think makes it a bit smaller on the wrist and wears a bit more comfortable

here is the reference to it viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15363

good luck

joe

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
very nice joe...I must have missed that thread somehow, it's very inspiring.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
thanks cybee, it is one that i call a keeper, i dont wear it as often but it remains in my collection and it is fun to wear sometimes , definitely not a daily beater imho

joe

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
rbj69 said:
very cool pics and cool watch, i love the look of them but i hated wearing that clock, i did a review a few years back with it around my beagle millers neck , the strap alone could be used as a dog collar , those are huge, that is why i went with a vintage piece very similar but no cg, it has the 8mm brevet crown which i think makes it a bit smaller on the wrist and wears a bit more comfortable

here is the reference to it viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15363

good luck

joe

Hey Joe...I thought that the only 6152-1...had a Radiomir dial instead of the MM dial. The MM dialed ones, had a crown guard on them, didn't they?? I am asking because I have the exact same watch with the MM dial like yours...but after searching the internet, I ordered the Radiomir dial. Correct me if I am wrong.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
very cool!!
i love my fiddy. I wish i could give it more wrist time but im just not a "strap" guy. I'd never sell it though. its an important part of my collection and a beautiful watch. You should for sure get one. I got mine from Angus with the asian movement and its freekin sweet! Its got the lume and canon pin fix and it was very cheap considering the high quality. Be sure to get the saphire crystal upgrade though or you'll regret it later. Just read all the posts about busted crystals. Mine broke when it was sitting on my desk. Too much stress on it or something from the bezel i assume.

good luck!

dizz

king_o

Known Member
17/11/07
These are starting to grow on me...........................maybe add one soon to my collection :)

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
thanks guys, just pulled the trigger on a militare marine fiddy style. Will post pics when I get it!

evildee

13/9/06
sawalke4 said:
thanks guys, just pulled the trigger on a militare marine fiddy style. Will post pics when I get it!

Like one of these? Nice!

img1742nr2.jpg

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
That is freekin awesome!! I love the rusted/water damaged looking markers and hands. wow!

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
erd04056 said:
Hey Joe...I thought that the only 6152-1...had a Radiomir dial instead of the MM dial. The MM dialed ones, had a crown guard on them, didn't they?? I am asking because I have the exact same watch with the MM dial like yours...but after searching the internet, I ordered the Radiomir dial. Correct me if I am wrong.

IMO, you can mix and match however you want. I mean, let's face it, these watches would be 60+ years old and were military items when they were used. I'm sure, at one point or another, nearly every combination of dial/case/hands was used. Go with what you like...