• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16570 differences

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
No offense meant, but these are all DHgate cheapies. #1 & #3 have huge crowns and crown guards, terrible dials, and the case shapes are completely wrong. #2 is just okay, as it has the correct small crown and decent dial/hands, but the rehaut is terrible, as is the case shape.

#2 is the only decent rep out of the 3, but not by much.

Last edited:

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Here‘s my Gen for comparison
737C40B6-0F12-4B64-BE2E-253A09D1A5FE093e7a1f36250051.jpg

Reactions: Ecender

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
No offense meant, but these are all DHgate cheapies. #1 & #3 have huge crowns and crown guards, terrible dials, and the case shapes are completely wrong. #2 is just okay, as it has the correct small crown and decent dial/hands, but the rehaut is terrible, as is the case shape.

#2 is the only decent rep out of the 3, but not by much.

No offense. I don't disagree about #1&3.

One of them I was told was a very nice rep and when I got it I questioned if it really was so I posted it up on here.

#2 I've heard different opinions on it from its ok to really good for a 16570.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
No offense. I don't disagree about #1&3.

One of them I was told was a very nice rep and when I got it I questioned if it really was so I posted it up on here.

#2 I've heard different opinions on it from its ok to really good for a 16570.

You don't disagree? Good, because 1 & 3 are terrible. It's not even funny how bad they are. Canal St. reps. Who ever said one of them is a really good rep doesn't have an eye for details.

#2 is just okay, it still has many issues. None of them even have the correct shape case. Lugs and crown guards are laughable at best. The engraved rehaut is piss-poor as well.

I can only assume you don't have an eye for details either, which is why you're asking us and not just comparing them with pics of a gen. Enjoy them anyway.

Last edited:

newrepper

13/6/18
# 2 has silver dial makrers. #3 is BP according to comments on this sales thread

Sorry I have to correct you, but this is 100% a BP.

The difference can be easily recognized by the serial number.

If the watch has an MXXX118 number it is a BP, if it has an F520117 it is an old NOOB!

It's really easy to identify!

But never mind ... is a beautiful watch! :)

newrepper

13/6/18
#2 May be an LF factory judging by these comments I saw in a different thread

Dealer pics of them look bad, the Polar has silver hands and dial markers (never in gen on a 16570). The black one is better but the bezels are terrible. Hold out for a BP with a bracelet replacement.

15746246604341.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think something missed by some is that you arranged ths watches in a different order in the first pic of three than in the next pics throughout the thread. Though you did mention "in no particular order". So I see comments that refer to #2 and #3 that are made for the other watch. You didn't help your effort by doing this. There are only two watches with 7mm crowns. #3 throughout has the correct 6mm crown, though you (maybe intentionally) never show its crown anywhere but the first pic of three, in which it is #2.

#1 throughout is first in the pic of three.

#2 throughout is third in the pic of three.

#3 throughout is second in the pic of three.

#1 looks to me like an old LF V1. LF is a second tier factory that only made a few different rep Rolex models, most notably the 16570 and 16710. Both those models changed pretty significantly for the worse when V2 was released. The LF V2 16570 Polar is the one with silver markers and silver hands. The V1 had black hands and dial markers. The V1 dial and bezel are not horrible, though it did have a large crown and bad CGs (inner CGs angled inward way too much). All the models and versions of Rolex LFs have the date window in the ETA/DG position regardless of movement. The DW on yours looks like it's a DG movement.

Link below is to the LF V2 16570 Polar. These are not bargain basement reps if you get a 2836, but they are not top tier either. Note the shape of the dial coronet and the relatively small size of the date window compared to the cyclops (like yours). Click on the attribute arrow to see what this costs with a DG movement. Remember this is a V2. Really not a bad beater at that price. You'd have to claim it was an early 16550 model due to the silver markers and hands though.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=24213

#2 throughout is obviously the one you got for free and a complete heap of garbage. No further discussion needed.

#3 throughout is a BP 16570 and currently the best available one. The M832118 serial number is unique to BP and a dead giveaway. You can pick on it all you want for this flaw or that but for $268 with a 2836 GMT movement it's quite a nice rep IMO and a great base for modding if you're so inclined. Shape the lugs, CGs, drill the lugs, sand off the rehaut engravings, whatever. Or keep it stock and live the really cheap fantasy. I have two of them. One I converted into a 16710 with a sanded rehaut and rotating bezel back when 16710 reps were really scarce. The other one has had two fantasy iterations. I like this model so much I just bought a third one. So many variations on this theme I can't get enough, lol.

15729276317496.jpg

ulGOY.jpg

15939296786570.jpg

Last edited:

WildString46

Known Member
9/1/20
Weast!
Agreed with KJ2020, OP you have mixed up the numbers of the watches in your 3-pic post and the subsequent posts.

Long story short, the BP 16570 is quite easy to tell with the small crown, as per the gen black one posted here as well. The BP is quite desirable and until another factory decides to manufacture this again, this is the best model of it currently. If you happen to get the long-discontinued Noob 16570, that will be the keeper.

In terms of comparing to gen, like all BP 5-digit models (that I know of... *besides the BPSD), the dial aperture is too large which makes the space around the outer minute track more pronounced. On gens, the minute track should be nearly touching the rehaut (engraved or not).

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
I did get the pics mixed up! smdh

KushBandit I think you are misunderstanding why I started this thread. I bought one of the three on here M2M. That member was pretty adamant that it was a very nice watch regardless of what the others on RWI thought. After buying that one I bought the one that has been identified as a BP. The other not great one was given to me by a fellow RWI member.

The reason for the post was to see what the general consensus of the first one I bought was compared to what the seller said it was.

This was the seller's PM to me after it was called "This a hideous watch not nearly worth the price OP was asking.":

No it's not junk!, it's a good quality watch with a reliable 2813 movement, 316 stainless steel and fully functional as per the original. I didn't notice myself that it hasn't been approved, you can see my selling record, everyone who has purchased from me has been very happy in fact one member purchased two watches from me. Everyone on this forum will have their opinions, I remember reading a thread recently and someone posted a genuine watch and people called it a fake and listed the flaws. Don't worry it's a lovely watch in great condition.

But it seems everyone is in agreement that it is in fact a terrible rep.

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
On to the BP I bought after that one.

#2 is just okay, it still has many issues. None of them even have the correct shape case. Lugs and crown guards are laughable at best. The engraved rehaut is piss-poor as well.

#3 throughout is a BP 16570 and currently the best available one. The M832118 serial number is unique to BP and a dead giveaway. You can pick on it all you want for this flaw or that but for $268 with a 2836 GMT movement it's quite a nice rep IMO and a great base for modding if you're so inclined. Shape the lugs, CGs, drill the lugs, sand off the rehaut engravings, whatever. Or keep it stock and live the really cheap fantasy.

Seems to be a divide between members on if that one is good or not.

My question would be what 16570 rep is better???

If you happen to get the long-discontinued Noob 16570, that will be the keeper.

Maybe that is my answer?

I can only assume you don't have an eye for details either, which is why you're asking us and not just comparing them with pics of a gen. Enjoy them anyway.

So no it isn't that I don't have an eye for details, although I'll admit I don't have the experience that a lot of other members have with these reps. The point of the thread was for that first watch to be judged by a jury of RWI peers and across the board its seems its not a great rep. I've since sold it M2M for $75 which is what I was told to be a fair price by one of the long time members who is well respected.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
For $268 OOTB I've gotten way more than my money's worth out of my BP's. You can't expect much more than that from a relatively inexpensive rep. Holding out for a Noob is like thinking you'll get a TC. Probably never happen.

YhXc3.jpg

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
The BP it’s a very nice rep for the price

Thought about going franken with one, but with the actual price of parts (specially nice condition dials and hands) you are on almost half price of a gen (starting at 5000€ to the high 6s for the better ones IMO- Y serial). So I’m wearing mine stock

1b7005de974fcbfbac8eed66eff2c629.jpg

ad68b6b5a172967ca9d9414a85d3e3b6.jpg

b3750cd2620d0034f305c23674fa4a1d.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020