• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16014 36mm Datejust Build Need Advice

FaberNewBuilder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/21
24-603-0 should be stainless steel (white gold is 24-603-9 AFAIK)

Beautiful build, wear it in good health!

Thanks! Oh okay that's good info. According to my research the 24-603 is what goes on the 16200. I wish there was a way to know if what I bought was stainless or white gold. I think the ebay seller may have mislabelled it. By looking at it tho it seems to have the same shine as my bezel, which makes me hope it's white gold.

riderocket

18/9/18
Thanks! Oh okay that's good info. According to my research the 24-603 is what goes on the 16200. I wish there was a way to know if what I bought was stainless or white gold. I think the ebay seller may have mislabelled it. By looking at it tho it seems to have the same shine as my bezel, which makes me hope it's white gold.

Not all stainless steel types are magnetic, but I've just tested one of my 24-530-0 stainless steel crowns with a magnet, and it gets attracted by it. White gold does not.
For the love of your watch, don't even try this anywhere near the movement. Ideally I'd even remove the stem from the crown.

My 2 cents just in case you are really curious.