• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15500st ZF v3 - 4302 movement's rotor

ahboylovespatek

28/3/23
rolex factory

Just for comparison, a Gen 4302 from AP and clone 4302 in the ZF v3. Is the rotor on the clone 4302 yellow gold? Would that be the biggest tell when looking at the rep ZF 15500st v3 from the back? From looking at the breakdown photos of the clone 4302 and gen 4302, all parts are the exact same except from 2 or so pieces of the movement.

ahboylovespatek

28/3/23
rolex factory
The gen 4302 rotor is yellow gold. I have a couple of gens.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Weird that the rotors looks RG on AP's website. Guess the clone 4302 should be very gen-like, will probably look into getting the ZF v3 (I'm glad they fixed the JEWEES typo LOL). I'll share some side-by-side comparison pics of the ZF v2 blue dial and ZF v3 blue dial.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I attach a photo of one of my gen 15500s. The rotor is YG. I understand how lighting and rendering can affect color tones and that is why I always say that colors should only be compared when the actual product is in hand and not off the internet. Too many members do that and come to the wrong conclusion and worse, spread the wrong info to others.

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
Comparing by pictures In Never a good idea. Different lighting, different cameras, colour grading, post process all have effect on the colour.
get the gen and the rep side by side and compare. This is the only way. See the 3120 comparison. Parts are side by side.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
I attach a photo of one of my gen 15500s. The rotor is YG. I understand how lighting and rendering can affect color tones and that is why I always say that colors should only be compared when the actual product is in hand and not off the internet. Too many members do that and come to the wrong conclusion and worse, spread the wrong info to others.
The AP factory 15500 is truely 1:1 lol :)

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
The biggest tell when looking at it from the back is the movement finishing. And not even thats is as glaring as you might think.
This is probably the best AP rep out there at this point in time.

Reactions: Victorparis92

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The biggest tell when looking at it from the back is the movement finishing. And not even thats is as glaring as you might think.
This is probably the best AP rep out there at this point in time.
The biggest tell for any rep AP for me is the wearer. Typically guys tend to worry too much about tells without putting themselves into the equation.
Income, lifestyle, attitude, confidence and flair. Possess and own any one of these traits and one can pull off almost any rep AP with ease.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Of course, I am of the same opinion, but putting that aside and talking just about the physical features, I’d say it's the movement finish. Nobody has laser eyes to spot the minute discrepancy in the case shape (finish possibly, but hard too), but the movement is kinda rough still.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Of course, I am of the same opinion, but putting that aside and talking just about the physical features, I’d say it's the movement finish. Nobody has laser eyes to spot the minute discrepancy in the case shape (finish possibly, but hard too), but the movement is kinda rough still.
Physical feature tells are pretty subjective. Some find the same color difference more acceptable and some can deal better with finish or thickness differences. You’re free to state your opinion like anyone else and it’s up to the guy you’re addressing whether he agrees. That’s how members in this community learn and decide for themselves what is the “greatest tell” for themselves and whether it’s worth for them to procure or wear any specific rep, and why learned opinion matters. Thank you.