• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15500 Rotor Piece Loose

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
So I had this in M2M because of a noisy rotor and as it turns out, it’s actually a broken rotor so no more sale.

I have already requested to withdraw as I am now going to repair this.
I read through all the rotor silencing threads but curious if others have seen this specific issue occur?

It looks like a decorative ring Lon the rotor came loose. My guess is it was just glued on. Question: should I attempt to repair this or just pay a watchsmith?

Fyi, rotor doesn’t spin now as the ring is pinning it under the case back glass. The watch can be would and runs fine, just no rotor. I am not wearing this until fixed. Happy to hear thoughts.

Pics
HdgjNj.jpeg

HdgH1I.jpeg

HdgZt1.jpeg

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Here’s a pic I took Friday for the sales thread, the ring was still in place.

HdgmK2.jpeg

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Just open the caseback and glue the ring back on, very easy fix.

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Just open the caseback and glue the ring back on, very easy fix.
Thank you - is it worth trying to dab some Molykote DX onto the rotor bearing with a toothpick? Saw that from another thread..

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Thank you - is it worth trying to dab some Molykote DX onto the rotor bearing with a toothpick? Saw that from another thread..
Yeah you can. But for that I think it’s better to remove the rotor as well and apply the grease from the underside.

Reactions: RepIseek