• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15400 all colors pictorial ( lots of pictures!)

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Since I got my hands on 4 APSF 15400 with clone 3120, I have decided to do a short pictorial.

All of the 4 watches has been installed with single AR deep crystal

1) Black - Stock APSF v2
2) Grey - APSF v1 with ZF hands and Gen dial
3) Blue- APSF v0.5( import version)
4) White - APSF v1

Blue

White

Grey

Black

Family photo

Random picture of my blue as I have no idea where the dial came from as it looks really different from the later APSF dials

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Great pics. Much appreciated.

I vastly prefer the aesthetics of the 15400 over the 15500, although both are gorgeous. Shame about the long date change on these, though.

Reactions: Dienekes

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
That's what I called a collection......nice to see all four colors.

I really like to get a silver-dial RO never mind it is 15400, 15500 or 15510 and seems that the DP 15510 is the best alternative to a gen-dial. What's your take on the APSF 15400 silver ?

Thanks

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
That's what I called a collection......nice to see all four colors.

I really like to get a silver-dial RO never mind it is 15400, 15500 or 15510 and seems that the DP 15510 is the best alternative to a gen-dial. What's your take on the APSF 15400 silver ?

Thanks
The gen 1 silver is great, but v2 seems to have lost the shimmer for some reasons.

It’s as if the dial factory suddenly decides to downgrade their dials

rawbar

Horology Curious
29/12/12
Just got my APSF 15400 back today after having it serviced. I've had it about 4 months now and while I've only worn it 4 or 5 times, everything has looked and worked great. Upon picking it up, the gentleman who did the work told me he was pretty surprised by the quality but it did have a couple of issues which he corrected. The lubricant used at the factory is garbage so he removed that and used some "diamond" something or other lube. Also when he put it on the regulator, it was skipping which he says required an adjustment of the (I hope I get this right) balance spring. He says it's dead on now after adjustment and regulation. Also it wasn't water tight (not surprising). Now it is. He used UV glue around the crystal which is where he thinks the majority of the leaking was happening and also checked all the O rings. It now doesn't start leaking until an insane 8.5 atm. As I don't dive, I don't think that will be a problem. Even if I did dive, I think that's deeper than a human generally dives. Anyway, for $300 for the watch plus $100 for the service, I'm pretty darned happy with this one.

Reactions: EggsVoL