• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116710LN bezel help/parts/info request

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK
In addition to enlarging the bezel's oval pin holes toward the inner perimeter, gently increasing the curve between the pins on the click ring (adding spring tension) will aid in tightening up the looseness. Short of putting a kink in the spring, you really can't overdo this, as the underside outer wall of the bezel will confine the curves to some maximum extent.

H5f8dt.gif

I tried this last night and it has improved the left/right play massively on my gmt. I was careful not to apply too much pressure on the spring - just squeezing it gently.

Once reassembled it was much tighter, maybe 1mm of play.

Thanks @KJ2020 for the the tip, was almost about to fork out for a new click spring!

Reactions: KJ2020 and Binbin

Binbin

Still New
22/11/07
@Yellowsubmarine

With the bezel off try your spring alone on the crystal retainer. See if you have any free rotational play in the spring. If you do not , carefully place the bezel over the spring and watch the small pins as they enter the holes on the bezel. Do they go in freely or do they get moved outward slightly?

If they are being moved outward then you can file the holes a little to prevent the spring from being unseated on the dents. Really made a big different on my watch.

I drew a fine line on the bezel with a Sharpie. Before I started I had about 1/2 second - 3/4 second of free rotational movement. Now I have zero.

Cheers, binbin

Reactions: KJ2020