• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116622 - Rhodium dial Noob & Gen

TitleistRolex

Renowned Member
8/12/15
CONUS
You would have maybe one of the nicest rolex reps if the bezel can easily be sourced. I searched and it seems as easy to get as the gmt batman :( ... go figure watches i would like to franken or super franken would be hard to do

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Quattro247

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/16
You would have maybe one of the nicest rolex reps if the bezel can easily be sourced. I searched and it seems as easy to get as the gmt batman :( ... go figure watches i would like to franken or super franken would be hard to do

Yeh, A nice condition gen bezel for a YM is really hard to find. You can expect to pay around £1000 minimum if you can even find one. If I stumble across one I will give you a shout.
The problem with the YM bezel is that the gen is made of 950 platinum and steel mix which Rolex patented as rolesium back in 1999
On the 116622 YM the entire bezel assembly is manufactured from Rolesium (950 platinum) and as a result the process of manufacturing and finishing a material to even look remotely the same is extremely difficult and costly.
I personally think the current Rep YM offerings are pretty good but when it comes to the 6 dig YM the bezel will simply never compare to the gen as the gen material is impossible to replicate within the budget of a replica watch.
I suppose as a result of this the gen bezels and indeed dials are so difficult to find and expensive making a Franken project on one of these quite a costly one I'm sure:):)

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Yeh, A nice condition gen bezel for a YM is really hard to find. You can expect to pay around £1000 minimum if you can even find one. If I stumble across one I will give you a shout.
The problem with the YM bezel is that the gen is made of 950 platinum and steel mix which Rolex patented as rolesium back in 1999
On the 116622 YM the entire bezel assembly is manufactured from Rolesium (950 platinum) and as a result the process of manufacturing and finishing a material to even look remotely the same is extremely difficult and costly.
I personally think the current Rep YM offerings are pretty good but when it comes to the 6 dig YM the bezel will simply never compare to the gen as the gen material is impossible to replicate within the budget of a replica watch.
I suppose as a result of this the gen bezels and indeed dials are so difficult to find and expensive making a Franken project on one of these quite a costly one I'm sure:):)

Would a JF or BP bezel look better and minimize that hairline gap? How are others going other than gen?

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09

the entire bezel being made out of platinum is questionable. seem to remember major discussions in the past here and on trf where this question was left unanswered.

Quattro247

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/16
the entire bezel being made out of platinum is questionable. seem to remember major discussions in the past here and on trf where this question was left unanswered.

I can then answer that major discussion and confirm that the bezel on any rolesium 6 digit Yachtmaster is made from platinum:)

Quattro247

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/16
Would a JF or BP bezel look better and minimize that hairline gap? How are others going other than gen?
For me personally I think Noob currently makes the best YM Rep but again like anything in this hobby it is all opinion based so you may not agree with what I think. For me though Noob is the best YM Rep available currently

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Yup i remember that aswell

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
a big tell on the rep is its clear the bezel uses an insert where the gen appears to be all solid one piece. the one in the op pics had the insert almost coming out of the bezel on the crown side.

Sohaib

Known Member
14/10/16
This noob 116622 has been updated and is alot better than the one in the op.now the new noob version looks gen.same case sel and rehaut and crown

When it was updated?

And do you have any pics of the updated version?

Sent from the RWI App

Tazmo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/8/16

Impossible to find the bezel. I can refer you to a guy that can get it from Rolex but it is very expensive.

I am building 2 super Frankens one with platinum dial and the other with dark rhodium.

From everything I've read it accepts genuine parts except for the tube which sucks. I already have the tubes and would like to use them. Crystal should be fine.

BK does sell WM9 tubes if interested that are a perfect fit.

However the 3 noobs I received have gaps between lugs and sel. Super annoying.

Some say the latest noob is different and I don't really see what other than gaps.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Still wrong Bezel , noob used Gen Blue 2012 model for replicating 2016 Grey , Ican live with all small flaws but with this Bezel it's difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
When it was updated?

And do you have any pics of the updated version?

Sent from the RWI App
Updated a few weeks ago i think.i didnt take pics i sent the watch to donny.i tagged him in this thread but he aint responded yet

Tazmo

Banned
18/8/16
Updated a few weeks ago i think.i didnt take pics i sent the watch to donny.i tagged him in this thread but he aint responded yet
Donnnye must be dead as he isn't responding. I also PMed him.

I purchased 2 noobs a week ago and all I saw were gaps between lugs and sel. Can't say much for the rest.

Tazmo

Banned
18/8/16
@Quattro247 hey is there a difference in the brushing on bracelet between gen and rep? I hear some folks say the brushing on the rep isnt accurate. Can you tell in person?

Quattro247

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/16
@Quattro247 hey is there a difference in the brushing on bracelet between gen and rep? I hear some folks say the brushing on the rep isnt accurate. Can you tell in person?
Hey buddy
I personally think the stock factory bracelet is pretty good but it is definitely not as good as the gen. you can however brush and polish it to an almost identical finish either yourself or by sending it to a modder.
I would recommend @Johnny Depp he has done a few for me and bracelet he did for 116710 GMT was amazing, Visually it was almost identical to gen

Sohaib

Known Member
14/10/16

Did they updated the yachtmaster blue font ? It's the biggest flaw

And what about the bazel insert ?

Sent from the RWI App