• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610LN - down to VSF and ZZF v3. Ultimate winner?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I think if a rep says its 904L SS it should be. Apparently quite a few are not, even if it's only the clasp.
I own 3 Gen Rolex and a lot of reps,including 4 with 904L SS. To me the sheen of a Gen Rolex is the first thing I notice. When you directly compare with a 316 SS version you can see a difference
with IMO, 904L looking brighter and whiter. It's hard to see unless you A/B compare next to each other.
That said, I have some Gen Breitlings and Rado that do not use 904SS but are polished to a very bright finish.

Personally speaking, and you funnily enough said it yourself in a way, I don't think that sheen you see on your Gen has anything to do with 904L. 316L can get that same sheen if finished in a certain way.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I think if a rep says its 904L SS it should be. Apparently quite a few are not, even if it's only the clasp.
I own 3 Gen Rolex and a lot of reps,including 4 with 904L SS. To me the sheen of a Gen Rolex is the first thing I notice. When you directly compare with a 316 SS version you can see a difference
with IMO, 904L looking brighter and whiter. It's hard to see unless you A/B compare next to each other.
That said, I have some Gen Breitlings and Rado that do not use 904SS but are polished to a very bright finish.

That sheen you see is called placebo effect

Relaxman84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/19
i dont understand member of this forum.if you buy a fake watch 1. you have to choose most similar like gen 2. movement for use everyday.
for 1. reason most important : bezel insert & dial and datewhell (even dw also not very important) because nobody dont will take the watch from your hand & will check with loupe.
for 2. reason is important :movement work good for everyday use.if you will chance movement to gen movement then go to buy gen watch.
im diamond dealer.microscopic objects is my life. and i gen watch rolex dealer also.
my choose is now ZZF V3 with 2836 bcs 3135 not for daily use.
my eyes say to me VSF insert is better. there is only this better.if VSF release with better movement then i choose is VSF.
this difficult is looklike you cant choose BMW or MERCEDES.they are both is good quality.buy whichone you feel better bro.

Reactions: SuperBatman

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
i dont understand member of this forum.if you buy a fake watch 1. you have to choose most similar like gen 2. movement for use everyday.
for 1. reason most important : bezel insert & dial and datewhell (even dw also not very important) because nobody dont will take the watch from your hand & will check with loupe.
for 2. reason is important :movement work good for everyday use.if you will chance movement to gen movement then go to buy gen watch.
im diamond dealer.microscopic objects is my life. and i gen watch rolex dealer also.
my choose is now ZZF V3 with 2836 bcs 3135 not for daily use.
my eyes say to me VSF insert is better. there is only this better.if VSF release with better movement then i choose is VSF.
this difficult is looklike you cant choose BMW or MERCEDES.they are both is good quality.buy whichone you feel better bro.

Since when a 3135 is not good for daily use?

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
so gentleman, are we back on track now? no more shit slingin?
I vote for the VSF , the crown guards on the ZZF is a eyesore for me ,but one can get the crown guards reshaped a little bit and be good to go! if that even bothers you?

Reactions: AlphaProt

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I don't know. I have seen the bezel on ZZF vs VSF and the v3 by ZZF is a bit brighter in the numerals on the bezel insert in low lighting. That's a big plus in my book.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
LV bezel is not photogenic. Cameras screw up the colours. Listen to the people who have these in hand.

The VSF numerals in the bezel are perfect, they are bright with a 3 dimensional sparkling galaxy of micro star shimmer, just like genuine. I have not seen ZZFV3 bezel, but I do not need to when I have got what I think is a perfect rep already. It's so good, I just asked Andrew for a black one and I'll be keeping in stickers in my safe for the future..and I already have a genuine LN to wear!

I'll also be able to asses if the bracelet quality is consistent with my current VSF which is astoundingly similar to my gen and way ahead of my arf bracelet. My suspicion being that not all bracelets/clasps from the same factory are finished equally and can be inconsistent. We'll see.

Last edited:

Robin Alex

16/7/20
I have the zzf v3 no date and am very very pleased with it. Now ordered a 42mm vsf ym as I feel there’s is the best and was advised so by my TD

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Redheart

17/5/19
so gentleman, are we back on track now? no more shit slingin?
I vote for the VSF , the crown guards on the ZZF is a eyesore for me ,but one can get the crown guards reshaped a little bit and be good to go! if that even bothers you?

Should receive the zzf v3 2836 soon , and the reshaping of the CG angle is the plan. Actually the angle is very slight correction to do, i should not screw this up, hopefully :) there is a thread with both gen and zzf, and the shape is so slightly different. A no issue for the majority. VSF the rehaut misaligned R is terrible, might be hopefully an early batch mistake. But that hour hand is not looking good.

Last edited:

Robin Alex

16/7/20
I have the zzf v3 no date and am very very pleased with it. Now ordered a 42mm vsf ym as I feel there’s is the best and was advised so by my TD

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Should receive the zzf v3 2836 soon , and the reshaping of the CG angle is the plan. Actually the angle is very slight correction to do, i should not screw this up, hopefully :) there is a thread with both gen and zzf, and the shape is so slightly different. A no issue for the majority. VSF the rehaut misaligned R is terrible, might be hopefully an early batch mistake. But that hour hand is not looking good.

Good luck! I like the attitude and plan. I considered doing the same thing, but there seemed to be a consensus that there wasn’t enough material on the CG’s for a reshape?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Yep, hour hand, minute hand border isn’t quite right either. Hands lumed lighter colour than the dial. Overall lume colour is lighter than gen. bad DW

I like the case,the insert and the Xtal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redheart

17/5/19
Good luck! I like the attitude and plan. I considered doing the same thing, but there seemed to be a consensus that there wasn’t enough material on the CG’s for a reshape?

Thanks!
In my eyes the zzf can be reshaped to be exactly like gen, but it's my analysis from various photos. There is enough meat on zzf from every samples shots I've seen.
The consensus might come from that thread a year ago, if yes I saw that the gen photo is more zoomed in thus making the CG looking bigger than the zzf's. IMHO.
I can't seem to find the recent thread with the v3 against the gen, damnit! It's showed pure shots of the CG...

Last edited:
Reactions: Roguetheory

peterpl

24/7/11
I dont know how anyone can say the DW on either is off. The ZZF and VSF DWs look very very very good and there is no need to upgrade the DW at all on these ones. As long as you QC properly and make sure its centred - the font itself is perfectly fine on both models.

I think the VSF crystal and black hole looks way better though. Plus the bezel brightness and lettering is just insane. Never seen reps these good.

Last edited:

Redheart

17/5/19
Yep, hour hand, minute hand border isn’t quite right either. Hands lumed lighter colour than the dial. Overall lume colour is lighter than gen. bad DW

I like the case,the insert and the Xtal though.

Sure, if I were to choose the date sub, zzf vs vsf choice is more complicated. But I chose the 114060 actually, so it's a no brainier, the zzf is the king there!

VSF insert, and case looks the bomb! I am not that put off by the date wheel though. But it's just me, unless it's the infamous ARF DW, i can accept living with most stock DW.
About the hours hands, the early maxi case subs have kind of the fat mercedes hour hands, in the same spirit as the VSF one hehe! But would the VSF need some vintageizing then? :)

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Sure, if I were to choose the date sub, zzf vs vsf choice is more complicated. But I chose the 114060 actually, so it's a no brainier, the zzf is the king there!

VSF insert, and case looks the bomb! I am not that put off by the date wheel though. But it's just me, unless it's the infamous ARF DW, i can accept living with most stock DW.
About the hours hands, the early maxi case subs have kind of the fat mercedes hour hands, in the same spirit as the VSF one hehe! But would the VSF need some vintageizing then? :)

Yea the 114060 is great!

What you Mention about the hands can be said for the DW too earlier versions were more
Bold some as VSF is. But based on the 2018 model vsf is repping, the hands is incorrect

Tete

4/11/16

reshape Cg from ZZF? that's crazy and it can cost more than the watch itself

Reactions: cdzsmith