• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116500 NOOB V3 vs. 116500 GEN

benballer

Known Member
Certified
15/3/19
The quickest way for me to validate is to look at the rounded points on the endlinks. Of course that does not work for the ARF, but is a quick tell for a Noob (because they may have a gen dial)

Good catch!

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
Does a gen dial fit? If yes is it worth it? The ARF should have a really good Dial. I dont think you can find a gen dial for less than 500 $

Tschacko

1/8/18
Does a gen dial fit? If yes is it worth it? The ARF should have a really good Dial. I dont think you can find a gen dial for less than 500 $

Sure a gen dial does fit. But you won’t find them for 500. Those are the 116520 dials.
The 116500 are more in the 2000

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
So no way I invest that money for a gen dial. I paid already 1.200 € for the watch. Maybe ARF Dial one day (with the new version) but I think someone said you have to cut it. Idk if its worth it. In RL the Red Daytona is really no problem (unless gen is right next to it) but on close photos you can clearly see it.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Sure a gen dial does fit. But you won’t find them for 500. Those are the 116520 dials.
The 116500 are more in the 2000

Have you ever seen any 116500? I thought they were simply not available

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Case geometry - you hit the nail on the head. After handling the gen I can't even wear my franken noob 116500 now :D

The wideness you notice on the lugs is a bit of an optical illusion. They are slightly too wide but this is accentuated because it looks like it was carved with a junior hacksaw. It doesn't have the right gradient and the curvature is completely wrong. It actually looks more like a GMT case.

When you look at a Sean case for example they were great cases. They understood the geometry. The noob 116500 and 116520 cases are too sharp, pointy, flat, the gradients are too steep and it wears...well...nothing like the gen.

I had the misfortune of a modder (not from here) plating a case for me so badly I had to brush and polish it off by hand. Now it's better, but when you go by hand...well, it's never perfect. But it's a start. Reshaping the lugs is the starting point.

These are reps, they aren't meant to be perfect so expectations have to be tempered. This is the minuscae detail - overall it's a very good rep, but compared to other cases it's really not up to par (bar the rehaut, which is very good)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tschacko

1/8/18
Well after wearing my nice Super REP I always get offended by Noobs rounded SEL corners. The hole is just too large and the rounding too round. It makes me crazy!

ssouthall6 help me :)

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Thank you guys! It's always a pleasure to share with you this passion and opinions.

I hope that next week I'll be able to make some new photos and some macros.

What I can say about the feeling? Is not that different from the gen..it's clear that gen has better finishes but once you put some grease/oil where it needs the watch is ok!

The bracelet needs a nice clean especially you need to remove all the pins from the links, clean they (because they are dirty) and then have a "bath oil"...I will do it as soon as i can...

One of the things that I like a lot is the feeling with the clasp...probably i'm lucky but - without doing anything to improve it - it remind me the gen at all..no bad feeling, no bad sounds....so smooth! Love it.

My watchsmith has recommended to me to service the movement immediately just to stay secure.

To return on the bracelet...Right now I'm quite satisfied but in the future i'm undecided if replace it with a Rubber B (or something similar) or find a solution replacing it with with an ARF just to have the right "silhouette".

they are so similar because you have compared gen with the Noob thin counters version.

Nate0624

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/16
Hey Gang,

Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement pin for a Noon V3 bracelet? Mine fell out.

Tt8GDSUm.jpg

Tt8GDSUm.jpg
Tt8GDSUm.jpg
Tt8GDSUm.jpg

Nate0624

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/16
Hey Gang,

Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement pin for a Noon V3 bracelet? Mine fell out.

Tt8GDSUm.jpg

Tt8GDSUm.jpg
Tt8GDSUm.jpg
Tt8GDSUm.jpg

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
eBay sellers have packs of replacement Rolex bracelet pins in various sizes

Sent from my iPad using RWI

pabst33

Horology Curious
25/10/20
I'm surprised that no one mentions the hands or the pin/washer etc. I saw a video where a guy was showing how he spots a Daytona rep. The quickest, easiest tell was the hands and their apparatus. It's one of those details that I think ARF does better than NOOB.