• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Regulating Asian 21J movement

kgreg

Horology Curious
13/7/10
mine is gaining 7-10 MINUTES per day...

I am wondering if it is just a bad movement. By the way, it is a Noobmariner from Trustywatchguy.

kgreg

Horology Curious
13/7/10
don't try this at home

I did it and accidentally touched the spring. Epic Fail.

al_pacino

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/6/10
An Asian 28800 bph 7750 movement is functioning by -5 seconds per day. Should I regulate it? And if it's ok, how much time it will last untill I will have to bring my watch to the watchsmith to regulate it and to make the service?

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Great Post.
Edit: Found out that while the arm at 3:00 can move, it is the "hairspring stud" and should not be moved.
I thought the other arm was fixed to my movement, but apparently it isnt

redcar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/6/10
Wow. I regulated my 21J - 2813 movement using the LOWER arm between the red arrows! Was gaining 2 minutes a day and now is is dead on.

Guess I lucked out!

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Edit: Found out that you are correct, move the arm at 6:00.
My arm at 3:00 moves, but it should be left alone.

D

d4m.test

Great FN Thread Nicely done

Great stuff Harley357, sweet & to the point! Easy read & big help, sometimes I just forget witch way to push that arm. Good stuff from jmd33, & everyone else too! I Thank you ALL! Got my Rollies & Omega PO all timed & synroed pretty good now.

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
Thought I would ressurect this guide and say a big thankyou - it's kept a noob like myslelf on the straight and narrow and I am currently trying to regulate two watches.

banza

10/9/12
Thank you guys!!! That's exactly what I needed!!!!

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
Thanks, exactly what I needed! Does anyone know how much time we can regulate using this method?
Because I doubt it could fix a watch that gains/loses 30 minutes a day.

hado67

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/11
Here is a picture of the movement in an Alpha Planet Ocean Homage. I assume it is a Chinese 21J, same as in many reps. I added the arrows to clearly show where to adjust it. Are the directions correct for regulating this movement?

AdjustingSpeed.jpg

Can i see when i move the arm? Does it move??

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
It will move, it never gets stuck, that arm is just press fitted a tiny bit tight. Make sure you don't touch or hit the hairspring !! If you have a loupe or magnifying glass with a stand, that helps a lot, as you can see the arm move much better. Pretend you are doing surgery on an insect, that kinda helps the mindset ! A flat toothpick works good. Cut the tip of the toothpick with a nail clipper, it helps it not to slip. And thread a needle first before you get going, its good practice. ...........good luck !!

hado67

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/11
It will move, it never gets stuck, that arm is just press fitted a tiny bit tight. Make sure you don't touch or hit the hairspring !! If you have a loupe or magnifying glass with a stand, that helps a lot, as you can see the arm move much better. Pretend you are doing surgery on an insect, that kinda helps the mindset ! A flat toothpick works good. Cut the tip of the toothpick with a nail clipper, it helps it not to slip. And thread a needle first before you get going, its good practice. ...........good luck !!
Ok. Thanks!

PeaLow

Known Member
4/5/13
hi, newbie here, i have an old PAM 090 rep that's fitted with 21J i think
it runs too fast, about 3-4 minutes / 24h
so after i read this post , i ordered a ball opener tool to open the case back.
so before i do anything to my watch, i just want to make sure.
open the case back, use a toothpick or something to turn that lever to "slower" posistion and put back the case back, and that's it ?
or is there any other step that i must do ?
thank you.

Stargeezer64

2/5/15
Good info in this thread. What is a good source for new movements when it is time to replace an A21J?