• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory was raided

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Many feedbacks show the raids are heavy this time. The rep market grew up big these last years, thus adding many reasons for such police actions.

Still, the market will adapt and newcommers will grow on the gone factories. Maybe it's the dawn of a new era in the hobby, but all in all it's like dope : as long as you have a buyer, you'll have a seller.
75ae1e4f5bda15c0f29d983c4f38a8b4.gif

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Exactly. They adapt, they move around, but they will not give up this business.

Reactions: Behike

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
Wasn’t V6F the same group of people from VSF and XF?

I was thinking that V6F = VSF = XF, but it looks like they are not the same group of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that was the case as well. There are way too many names. I hope Noob finds a way to make a return. They are the only ones with the 4130 Movement. I wonder if Arf with pick up the movement now.

milo72

Horology Curious
20/4/21
hello, but I didn't understand, can we order or is everything stopped for now?

milo72

Horology Curious
20/4/21
ok thanks, i wanted to order a watch, i will wait for them to reopen
thank you

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I should have got the Noob Rhodium Yacht Master when I had the chance!

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
News about the current situation:

The problem is that a lot of factory agents were arrested. Word of mouth has it that most of them will be coming back, a few of them already announced that they are resuming after labor day. Noob will come back eventually, the will just need to move operations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sidhu6355

Sidhu6355

16/11/18

The problem is that a lot of factory agents were arrested. Word of mouth has it that most of them will be coming back, a few of them already announced that they are resuming after labor day. Noob will come back eventually, the will just need to move operations.

That's good to here, from all the discussion above, it seems that the central govt stopped in like a hawk but once things cool down, everything will become "normal" again- these people would be more careful, grease the hands of the local administration and more importantly, the central govt cant do this repeatedly, so yeah, though these raids f**cked up the status- quo, the situation should improve, let's hope for the best:)

Reactions: Behike

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Whilst this round of raids, and the frequency with which they have been occurring is unprecedented, I feel like everyone is failing to take into account one major thing. The free market will prevail. The demand for the Noob and other high end reps is too high, not just in the US but around the world and especially in China, for these factories to just pack their stuff and be on their way. Hopefully things return back to the way they were before, but even if it takes time the factories will hopefully be back.

Starry Night

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/21
Earth

Labor Day? That’s 5 months from now. Did you mean Memorial Day?

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Thought exercise, not accusation or speculation:

What if these alleged “raids” are a ploy to 1. Increase demand and sales via threat of scarcity while 2. Giving factories chance to go on holiday (or at least revamp operations).

Would make for an interesting marketing strategy. Ha!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1manband and Behike

Starry Night

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/21
Earth
In many countries, mine included, today is labor day.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

In the United States Labor Day is the first Monday in September, and Memorial Day is the last Monday in May. It is to honor those who died while serving in the military.

daytonagator

Horology Curious
2/5/20
Hey guys, I hate to be a buzzkill but these rep manufacturers are doing something illegal. They’re taking the hard earned reputation, innovation, artisanship and staggering skill sets of the Swiss people and they are ripping off their designs. Not super cool. If they get caught, isn’t it actually a good thing, morally/ethically speaking? IP theft is still theft.

Reactions: amgbenz04