• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Seems there’s still a lot of doubt about whether green fac and PPF are producing same watch, fee TD have claimed it is so I pulled the trigger but some whispers that it isn’t and green fac is still slowly releasing watches… not had my qc yet from PPF

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Seems there’s still a lot of doubt about whether green fac and PPF are producing same watch, fee TD have claimed it is so I pulled the trigger but some whispers that it isn’t and green fac is still slowly releasing watches… not had my qc yet from PPF

I have received QC pics of both the Green and PPF, they look exactly the same watch to me. My TD didn't ship the green (bad clasp) but the PPF is on the way to me.

srhoque

28/11/18
What was wrong with the clasp?

No idea, Andrew just said bad clasp, didn't close properly (4 days after I got QC). That's exactly when raids started, maybe they just wanted to keep it. Anyway, I am happy he got me the PPF one right away.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
3ec43c2af8e66cded5c1604149ce40ef.png

c028fa2f4ed281ad64d958d5a6ba250a.png

5b04ff5acb1ab266d868069428323365.png

ffe5cdb5c81f6a59253439fb9e7591a1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

28/11/18
5b04ff5acb1ab266d868069428323365.png

Lovely, wear it in good health!! Is the sunken moon phase dial obvious on the wrist (or is this one of those things that needs a loupe to really figure out). Just curious how it sits on wrist.

Last edited:

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Well let me tell you

1- Pictures do not do justice to look and feel of the watch

2- Dial finishing , color and reflection is very good

3- 8 marker does not look thick , maybe with different angle of pics only.

4- clasp is a bit stiff , and bracelet is installed opposite side. Can fix and adjust not problem.

5- Of course u’ll need the tools to remove links.

I have a PPF bracelet mights test . I have one more order due an certainty back then placed with trusty might be a PPF . One of them will go in m2m later for sure

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Lovely, wear it in good health!! Is the sunken moon phase dial obvious on the wrist (or is this one of those things that needs a loupe to really figure out). Just curious how it sits on wrist.

Not at all , depends from which angle you are looking.

This watch rank will be with Noob daytonas and VSF in terms of quality and accuracy given also that this is the first version . They will definitely overcome minor flaws.

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
Not at all , depends from which angle you are looking.

This watch rank will be with Noob daytonas and VSF in terms of quality and accuracy given also that this is the first version . They will definitely overcome minor flaws.

Loving your feedback so far...excited. When you get a moment, can you please let us know the power reserve. On your 2nd pic (wrist shot), the crown protrusion doesn't seem bad at all (I guess we all have things that we can live with ;)) I really hope the factory takes on a full production run and they change the shortcomings in future versions. This release has a lot of future potential (getting the dial color accurate and working complications except power reserve is a huge step for version 1)

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Well let me tell you

1- Pictures do not do justice to look and feel of the watch

2- Dial finishing , color and reflection is very good

3- 8 marker does not look thick , maybe with different angle of pics only.

4- clasp is a bit stiff , and bracelet is installed opposite side. Can fix and adjust not problem.

5- Of course u’ll need the tools to remove links.

I have a PPF bracelet mights test . I have one more order due an certainty back then placed with trusty might be a PPF . One of them will go in m2m later for sure

On your pics I don't see green color in the blue. Are you sure this dial is the same of Green dial?

Reactions: pip72

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I noticed a difference on the movement in the back between the PPF and Green Maker. See below picture with difference circled. I don't know what to call that gear but it is in a different location on the two reps.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
That could mean that these really are two different watches and not made from the same parts.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Also, I think it's worth noting that historically PPF bracelets have not been that well made. I am torn between going with the Green Maker or PPF. I even emailed PureTime and Jennifer admitted she did not know what the real difference between Green Maker and PPF was, and was not sure if they were just using the same parts to make the watches or using different components.

Reactions: pip72