• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap Freaks!!!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
You can try Nero straps in that price range, great guy to deal with.

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka
Did Nero start making straps again? I know he hurt his hand and had to stop for a while.

There are a few others that make good straps inexpensively. York in Michigan. Mansera (I believe that's it), and others.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Did Nero start making straps again? I know he hurt his hand and had to stop for a while.

There are a few others that make good straps inexpensively. York in Michigan. Mansera (I believe that's it), and others.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes, he's working, I just had a strap made last week.

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

Charis_freya

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/1/21
Im looking for a Perfect strap in Leather for the AP Safari.... Ford anyone has the Adress wehre eToro buy ?
Thanks

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
My two latest Cordes commissions are finished and on their way. These pics don't show their colours accurately, though I'll post more when they are on watches.

Oh, and I helped David do a little spring cleaning..... :nana:

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
My two latest Cordes commissions are finished and on their way. These pics don't show their colours accurately, though I'll post more when they are on watches.

Oh, and I helped David do a little spring cleaning..... :nana:

Hey they look great... nice and supple:thumbup:

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
a few on the way from Greece for me....

20210513-174818.jpg

20210513-174804.jpg

20210513-174743.jpg

Reactions: TimosL

RepFR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/21
Another one in the making for me.
Should i go with Black or White stitching?

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
New strap mini review - Attirail.

I have several Swedish & Swiss ammo straps but didn't have a French ammo in the collection. I saw Attirail mentioned positively in a thread somewhere on a gen forum and looked up his instagram - https://www.instagram.com/attirail_straps/ . Being a strap freak I was surprised that I had not heard of him before so I thought I'd share.

I was impressed with his work and thought that it would be fitting to have French strap maker make me a French ammo strap. It took 5-6 weeks but communication was good and I'm very happy with the finished piece. You may have seen from my previous posts in this thread that I'm very keen on the straps made by Cordes so I thought I'd post a few pictures and first impressions of the Attirail (note that I have yet to punch the hole so can't speak to comfort yet).

Overall the quality is excellent (as you would expect for a $200 price tag) - the ammo leather is soft and a nice caramel tan colour with a few character marks that you expect to see with ammo. At the lug ends, the Attirail isn't as thick as a Cordes or Adeeos at around 4mm - I was surprised to see how short of a fold is used in comparison which attributes to the more slender profile. The precision of the cuts, stitching, keepers and edge finishing are also first rate.

If there is anything that I would call disappointing with the Attirail, it would be the buckle which is basically just your standard unbranded rep pre-V. With the Cordes you get a beautifully hand finished and quite substantial buckle that feels great on the wrist.

IMG_0641.HEIC

IMG_0648.HEIC

IMG_0645.HEIC

IMG_0642.HEIC

IMG_0643.HEIC

IMG_0647.HEIC

Last edited:

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
New strap mini review - Attirail.

I have several Swedish & Swiss ammo straps but didn't have a French ammo in the collection. I saw Attirail mentioned positively in a thread somewhere on a gen forum and looked up his instagram - https://www.instagram.com/attirail_straps/ . Being a strap freak I was surprised that I had not heard of him before so I thought I'd share.

I was impressed with his work and thought that it would be fitting to have French strap maker make me a French ammo strap. It took 5-6 weeks but communication was good and I'm very happy with the finished piece. You may have seen from my previous posts in this thread that I'm very keen on the straps made by Cordes so I thought I'd post a few pictures and first impressions of the Attirail (note that I have yet to punch the hole so can't speak to comfort yet).

Overall the quality is excellent (as you would expect for a $200 price tag) - the ammo leather is soft and a nice caramel tan colour with a few character marks that you expect to see with ammo. At the lug ends, the Attirail isn't as thick as a Cordes or Adeeos at around 4mm - I was surprised to see how short of a fold is used in comparison which attributes to the more slender profile. The precision of the cuts, stitching, keepers and edge finishing are also first rate.

If there is anything that I would call disappointing with the Attirail, it would be the buckle which is basically just your standard unbranded rep pre-V. With the Cordes you get a beautifully hand finished and quite substantial buckle that feels great on the wrist.

IMG_0641.HEIC

IMG_0648.HEIC

IMG_0645.HEIC

IMG_0642.HEIC

IMG_0643.HEIC

IMG_0647.HEIC

I have to agree with you on buckles, I would be disappointed with a generic screw in Pre-V

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Regarding buckles, thought I would share a pic of some buckles being hand made by a member over on HF. I’ve bought a few from this 1st run, ready for some custom straps.

A7-E60614-F497-4-CC7-9-C85-42-EBF6-B5-C83-B.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tlander13

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
20210516-194944.jpg

20210516-194928.jpg

Two more incoming. waiting for my buckles to be made (previous post) then I can get Cordes to make me a few more ammo's :)