• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

FourthLetter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/18
I should have purchased a noob black dial daytona when i had the chance.

hopefully they come back

1nt3rN

Horology Curious
5/1/21
Australia
For the more experienced members, how was it like after the last incident? Or is this something that seems bigger than what was previously experienced?

OJAIII

Known Member
18/12/16
Does anyone know what factory makes the aquanaut 5167 3KF and if they reopened?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Noob is just too famous and too big to be the target to get hit. Basically the whole market including gen. knows them.
Still, I feel those stupid rep selling youtubers helped Noob getting killed by reviewing their Daytonas there.

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
Anybody waiting on the 5712... Hold off asking for refunds at this moment guys, PureTime just told me they heard green factory will be back on 6th May....

Reactions: P..DR..D

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I have no skin in the game. Probably I am the only Rep-Friend who hates Daytonas ;)

They should better take the money and make a Superclone of Zeniths Chronomaster.
This will require similar investment as cloning a 4130. The el Primero is a great movement, but I doubt the rep factories would invest on when they are mainly limited to Zenith and 5 digits Rolex, where the main market would want rep watches of new models. Hence why for a lot of 4 or 5 digits decent Rolex reps, you need to build them as the marker is not as big as new models.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
This will require similar investment as cloning a 4130. The el Primero is a great movement, but I doubt the rep factories would invest on when they are mainly limited to Zenith and 5 digits Rolex, where the main market would want rep watches of new models. Hence why for a lot of 4 or 5 digits decent Rolex reps, you need to build them as the marker is not as big as new models.

Shure. My taste is not the benchmark. Everyone wants Rolex, Rolex or Rolex. Why buy a rep watch of a brand, that nobody knows ;-)

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Shure. My taste is not the benchmark. Everyone wants Rolex, Rolex or Rolex. Why buy a rep watch of a brand, that nobody knows ;-)
Well you also have to understand Zenith as a brand is not very popular in Asia vs Rolex or Omega. In gen world, in Asia you can ask for discounts on IWCs in Asia as is not popular vs in the west which is more respected and reknown.

Zenith has done some great work with their marketing and change of product directions by leveraging their heritage el Primero for the last 2+ yrs, but again is the market in China that probably dictates what the rep factories will make, not us who's a minority.

If they want to make money, a factory should simply clone valjoux 72,gen movements are getting more expensive (is around 1.5k to 2k now) and parts are not always easy to get. A lot of watches uses the same calibre, so applicable for both the gen and rep world.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
Noob is just too famous and too big to be the target to get hit. Basically the whole market including gen. knows them.
Still, I feel those stupid rep selling youtubers helped Noob getting killed by reviewing their Daytonas there.

Noob was probably the first to help the transition of the rep market from average products to really high end. I cannot see him, them, getting back into the business. They have made a huge amount of money these last years. Anyone with common sense would see how he can get out of this mess with the least damage and then live to enjoy the profits. No one would risk spending jail time in an nice remote area of China when all he has to do is just accept that the game is over for them and move on. Other factories will perhaps appear but it will take a long time for them to reach the Noob standard, if they ever do that is.

H7-25

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
Anyone with common sense would see how he can get out of this mess with the least damage and then live to enjoy the profits. No one would risk spending jail time in an nice remote area of China when all he has to do is just accept that the game is over for them and move on.

What if he (the owner) just decides to „share“ his profits with the government?
Again, I do not see why China should try to please western governments or even luxury good corps and harm their businesses. They want strong companies in their country. And I don‘t think that the Chinese gov is impressed after signing the WTO or any other agreement - come on, China is the biggest economy in the World and in the future they will make the rules - not Europe or the US.

But maybe I am absolutely wrong and just hoping that Noob returns because I did not manage to buy a Daytona on time :)

Avalanche

They don't build statues to business men.
Supporter
Certified
30/3/21
UK
TD 'supermirrors' has a noob daytona in his inventory as part of his uk stock (Black dial, Roman numbers) . Get it while its hot!!!