• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Searching good Submariner Rep.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Sounds like a good plan. Hope the ETA "noobmariner" is sufficient for you and you won't be able to tell the difference with a gen. I have gone that route myself, Noobmariner DG 2813, Noobmariner Asia ETA clone, Noobmariner ETA, WM9 ETA, and Fakemaster 21J. I can see slight differences both in appearance and build quality among these watches. Most of the time I wear my Fakemasters because they are built better and that less "sweeping" (an advertising misnomer - all second hands actually stop 6 to 8 times a second) second hand does not bother me in daily life. Different things are more or less important to each of us. Nothing wrong with that. I am glad you have received many good responses to your question.

By the way, when you compare sweeps you have to compare the same length second hands. Each stop of a longer second hand will be more noticeable than each stop of a shorter second hand because the end of the longer second hand is creating a larger circle. Think of a pie sliced up into 8 pieces. Each slice is wider as you go from the center to the crust. If the cuts in the pie represent each stop of the second hand you can see from the pie comparison how a longer second hand covers more distance making it seem that the longer second hand is "jerking" more.

otakki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/09
Hope you will soon find one you like. Of course, look at fakey's quote below his posts: "People will assume your gen is a fake before they presume your fake is a gen...if they care at all."

mattster

Horology Curious
13/12/09
Why not just buy a real tag, tissot, or evan a nice jap watch for the same money you've wasted on fake rolexes that keep braking? Sounds like your not going to be happy with anything less than a genuine. Start looking at genunines in your price range, even if it's not a rolex. The whole ideas of replicas is not braking the bank to get something close to the original that will fool most people most the time. Most people will be fooled because most people don't know what a real rolex looks like anyway. If your trying to fool anyone who actually cares then give up now. A $500.00 fake is still a fake and I aint dropping $500.00 on a fake anything.

rolexer

Horology Curious
8/5/09
I don't understand why people say that he'll only be satisfied with a gen. Not true. He's said many times already that he's not going to get a gen, and he's interested in finding a good enough Sub rep.

For some people, like myself, small things like the sweep of the second hand, and other maybe not so noticeable (from another person's wrist, that is) things are important. And while they are, that doesn't mean that the person would only be content after getting a gen. Thing is, you can have most of the more obvious mistakes eliminated and still be paying a fraction of a cost of a gen :).

You sound a lot like myself, and I appreciate your search for the best Sub rep. So here is my advice, I hope you will take it, because I know you'll be happy when you get the watch: Get the new WM9 SUB that BK is offering as "V3". It has all the goodies that you might want, and a gen ETA movement. You can't get a better Sub rep than that, no matter what they tell you here. The price is $595 at the moment.

When you order, you'll be joining a long list of people waiting for BK's effort to complete their ordered watch. BK will be doing the assembly, finishing and all the required mods (or most of them at least, as he's currently partnering with someone to ease his workload) himself. He's a strict Quality oriented person with no respect for people who are constantly bugging him for "when when when". So don't do that. Give him the respect he deserves and be ready for the absolutely best Rolex Sub rep there is. You'll know what I mean after you get it.

And btw. I own a brand new GEN M-series black Sub date, so I know what I am talking about. I am getting the V3 myself too later when the dust settles and BK has more time. Why? You can never go wrong with a great replica of a great watch! ;)

- Rolexer

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
what an entertaining read... moral of the story. movements vary. and im not talking about the difference between a 21j, asian clone eta, or gen eta. i own all three and some of my 21j's sweep just as smooth as my gen eta. its just the luck of the draw really.

im surprised you didnt go with BK by the way... for what you get like a guaranteed QC and mods. also when he says he puts in "swiss ETAs" your gonna get a swiss eta.

anyways... gotta love fakey though! best quality and value. you just cant beat it! his subs that he built for me are still my favorites.