• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=562234

Lot of photos with fat hour hand. Seems like Rolex did use in some period the fat hour hand very interesting.

Its interesting - as I was getting back into the rep game I spent quite a bit of time reading the ZZF/VSF etc 116610 threads. Everyone tearing the crap out of misaligned dial min markers and rehaut engravings, but man the genuine examples have the same inconsistencies as the reps. This technically isn't a flaw, as aren't the fat hour hands and plastic Glidelock shoes.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Its interesting - as I was getting back into the rep game I spent quite a bit of time reading the ZZF/VSF etc 116610 threads. Everyone tearing the crap out of misaligned dial min markers and rehaut engravings, but man the genuine examples have the same inconsistencies as the reps. This technically isn't a flaw, as aren't the fat hour hands and plastic Glidelock shoes.

Seems like you and I came back in the game around the same time.

Owning a few Gens myself, the inconsistencies are there and I’ve been saying that since I came back about a month or two ago. AD’s don’t care because they know if you’ve been on the list for a long time and you don’t purchase a Gen because of a flaw, there’s plenty more people waiting. It doesn’t happen often but it does happens. I would pray for a day that happens at my AD.

The stuff being produced now is soooo much better then what I used to hop on a train and get at Canal street. It’s absolutely nuts.

Call me silly, but in many ways these factories take pride in what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zvonimir

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/6/12
Hello friends,

Here’s a quick info of my findings regarding VSF vs GEN Hulk debate:
  1. Clasp action is identical
  2. Crystal is identical from a normal holding/looking distance
  3. Bezel action is a bit stiffer on VSF but that might change over time
  4. Insert color is identical, pearl is identical, cutouts seem a tiny fraction bigger on VSF but that might just be on account of them having a bit brighter color of the filling
  5. Datewheel action is identical
  6. Rehaut is brighter on GEN
  7. Hands are perfectly fine from a normal holding/looking distance
  8. Dial lettering and battons are identical
  9. The color of the dial is brighter on VSF (VSF dial is a bit “lazier” in shifts to dark...that effect is more pronounced on gen). This is visible even in a closed space under a tungsten lightbulb; also the VSF guilloche radiance shifts are not as subtle as that of GEN...as soon as there’s available sunshine outside, I will check the behaviour of the guilloche in those conditions and make some photos.
  10. Winding is actually a bit rougher on the GEN, smoother on VSF (maybe I need a service on my gen)
To summarize: VSF is really good. The feel and overall quality is genlike. Of course, on a macro level, things would surely start to fall appart but I’m really not interested in those types of comparisons as I see no use in them...unless you’re trying to fool a well informed potential buyer. In general, if you’re not suffering from a terrible case of OCD and/or trying to score big on a sale of a rep watch, VSF 116610lv is a wonderfuly made piece which I will enjoy wearing. My gen will spend most of his time from now on in a safe.

Hope this will be of some use to some of you. I will follow up with the promised photos as soon as the weather allows it.

Cheers.

edit: I forgot to mention, the VSF was ordered through TrustyTime. Very professional crew. No complaints whatsoever. I’m more than satisfied with the buying process.

Last edited:

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Hello friends,

Here’s a quick info of my findings regarding VSF vs GEN Hulk debate:
  1. Clasp action is identical
  2. Crystal is identical from a normal holding/looking distance
  3. Bezel action is a bit stiffer on VSF but that might change over time
  4. Insert color is identical, pearl is identical, cutouts seem a tiny fraction bigger on VSF but that might just be on account of them having a bit brighter color of the filling
  5. Datewheel action is identical
  6. Rehaut is brighter on GEN
  7. Hands are perfectly fine from a normal holding/looking distance
  8. Dial lettering and battons are identical
  9. The color of the dial is brighter on VSF (VSF dial is a bit “lazier” in shifts to dark...that effect is more pronounced on gen). This is visible even in a closed space under a tungsten lightbulb; also the VSF guilloche radiance shifts are not as subtle as that of GEN...as soon as there’s available sunshine outside, I will check the behaviour of the guilloche in those conditions and make some photos.
  10. Winding is actually a bit rougher on the GEN, smoother on VSF (maybe I need a service on my gen)
To summarize: VSF is really good. The feel and overall quality is genlike. Of course, on a macro level, things would surely start to fall appart but I’m really not interested in those types of comparisons as I see no use in them...unless you’re trying to fool a well informed potential buyer. In general, if you’re not suffering from a terrible case of OCD and/or trying to score big on a sale of a rep watch, VSF 116610lv is a wonderfuly made piece which I will enjoy wearing. My gen will spend most of his time from now on in a safe.

Hope this will be of some use to some of you. I will follow up with the promised photos as soon as the weather allows it.

Cheers.

edit: I forgot to mention, the VSF was ordered through TrustyTime. Very professional crew. No complaints whatsoever. I’m more than satisfied with the buying process.

Great review considering no photo references used, it was very easy to follow!

I want to add and reiterate a note about the pearl as people will start picking it up more. The pearl is a darker colour than the hour markers and hands. First few days you don’t make anything of it but after a while it really starts to stand out. Photos have a hard time picking it up.

That being said still by far the most impressive rep 6 digit i've handled.

Last edited:

stealth658

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
18/6/17
Is +9s okay for this movement? Seems a tad high for me, but I’m wondering if I’m being too neurotic

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Is +9s okay for this movement? Seems a tad high for me, but I’m wondering if I’m being too neurotic

The dealer will tell you +/-10 is expected and standard. Anything below is acceptable and they won’t offer to regulate.

I believe I approved mine one at +4 and the other at +6.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
It is acceptable...
And you can adjust it slightly to make it run a bit slower.
Easy thing to do.

stealth658

Certified
18/6/17
The dealer will tell you +/-10 is expected and standard. Anything below is acceptable and they won’t offer to regulate.

I believe I approved mine one at +4 and the other at +6.

It is acceptable...
And you can adjust it slightly to make it run a bit slower.
Easy thing to do.

Thanks! I will accept it.

dankahn63

Known Member
22/7/19
Waiting eagerly for [mention]vaperone [/mention] VSF hulk review

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
im loving my VSF for a fraction of the gen price. This thing is a beauty. i cant see any flaws

Reactions: Tete

Rolexman72

23/5/18
From the last photos it seems to me that the rehaut problem has not been solved! Anyone have certain news? Thank you very much

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
From the last photos it seems to me that the rehaut problem has not been solved! Anyone have certain news? Thank you very much

It's really not that big a deal, it's not at all obvious on the wrist. I doubt there is a new batch with the issue fixed, it's just there are some better than others. Don't let it spoil your enjoyment of this amazing rep.

Rolexman72

23/5/18
It's really not that big a deal, it's not at all obvious on the wrist. I doubt there is a new batch with the issue fixed, it's just there are some better than others. Don't let it spoil your enjoyment of this amazing rep.

Thank you sir for your reply! VSf did a great job ... hopefully it will solve soon, the rehaut problem of the Rep Rlx case is important to me!

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
So I finally get mine (a LV). Two things that are amazing :
- date wheel
- movement

Maybe I’m unlucky but I have never had I hands a clone movement that smooth. Even my serviced VR isn’t. Plus there is absolutely no play when setting hands. This one is definitely going into my 16610 franken.

Bezel action, Crystal and bracelet are very good.
Hands aren’t.
I am quite interested by putting gen hands, have someone already tried ? And if so, is there a lot of color difference between wg hands and ss indexes ? I can clearly see a color difference between the vsf and my gen 5 digit dial and hands