• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[VSF] PAM1025

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Ah, adding the 0 did the trick. Didn’t realize this was such a limited watch. Strange to me that they produce this before more mainstream models.. oh well.Thanks!

Well it is a limited edition (well more of a special edition, as all PAMs are limited since they are XXXX out of YYYY units each year). Less gen units around, less potential for the rep to be compared to it. They can (at least outside the forums) sell it at a premium saying it's a copy of a very limited watch, even though it costs the same to make as a regular PAM.

As for the assertion that gen casebacks all close with the text or logo or engraving aligned is generally is a myth. Same as the Rolex coronet on the gen always in the upright position when closed. I presume this is because the bit that creates the threads is never at the same exact position when it starts cutting the metal. So you will have differing oriented casebacks. Because of this randomness, you will of course have the chance to get a perfectly aligned caseback. But it's game of luck.

i agree

from what i know, it's always aligned on Omega watches with the NAIAD Lock system , otherwise caseback is always at different position

I didn't know about the NAIAD lock system, and yet after googling for 5 seconds, viola!
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/naiad-lock-caseback-misaligned.5224153/

I had to laugh at the post that said "the engraving itself was off a bit". :lol: Then why the heck go through all the trouble of developing a patented (which is why only Omega watches have this) system?

By the way, Panerai did not keep a perfectly aligned caseback for photo purposes. For all watches made probably in the last decade (or even older) the images on the website are computer generated. ;)

Reactions: Snil and KOT1917

qiuyi.lki1993

Horology Curious
20/12/20
https://imgur.com/a/QLOjijJ
QLOjijJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXEy9HVQ8dU

QC picture & video
Sorry I'm relatively new and don't know how to attach these pics in a post.
Everything looks good to me. The sunburst effect looks accurate in the video.
The stitching on the strap look a bit sloppy but I guess I cannot expect more about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snil

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I really like this model for some reason. Ordered! Don’t know if it’s as gen, but these new VSF 44mm pams with canvas straps have all been great quality and fun to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
I like this but I have the 1312... so I'll pass on the 1025.. then again when we get some in hand pics of this in daylight and the sunburst effect is good, that may change my mind..

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I'm doing the same. I have the 1118 with the black sunburst and it's an incredibly fun watch. I love it in ways I never expected and the main reason is because it does things I never expected. In the thread for the 1118 you see me talking about and posting pics of the dial and the way it reacts and looks in different lighting conditions and angles.

Where this is also a black sunburst dial, I wonder if the dial acts the same way. I just thought of this actually and now that I did I actually want to order this model just to check it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hazing

9/5/19
I think this was an interesting drop/release. I really like this piece and 6 months ago I would have ordered this on day 1 of the release. When there was a period of not many releases.

Now csf is pumping out models so quickly you have to stand back and see what else is being released.

I am curious about this and all the pics I have seen are shit. I'd love to see this just to get some good pics.

I'm really thinking this would grow on me.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Mine is on the way. I have a strap being made for it to try and match better the colors of the gen strap.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Mine is on the way. I have a strap being made for it to try and match better the colors of the gen strap.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I think this was an interesting drop/release. I really like this piece and 6 months ago I would have ordered this on day 1 of the release. When there was a period of not many releases.

Now csf is pumping out models so quickly you have to stand back and see what else is being released.

I am curious about this and all the pics I have seen are shit. I'd love to see this just to get some good pics.

I'm really thinking this would grow on me.

Of course, this is not a photo in the sun, but it is very indicative, in my opinion, in terms of revealing the texture of the dial. Took this from the announcement of one of the TDs in his section on RWI.

• Love
Reactions: johnlogan and Snil

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Best picture of the dial I've seen of the Rep..
If the build quality of the 1025 is similar to the 1312 then its another Pam added to the list!

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Best picture of the dial I've seen of the Rep..
If the build quality of the 1025 is similar to the 1312 then its another Pam added to the list!

I am almost sure that they are on the same level, the question, as always, is in the technical details of the dial, which may be similar, but in a parallel comparison, it turns out that something, for example, that gen rays are thinner and there are more of them. But he looks great anyway. Also, there may be slight differences in the shade of the lume, but I think this is also noticeable only with a parallel comparison. Moreover, these gens are few, and it is difficult to compare these shortcomings from the photo. True, I have not compared the engraving backcase. But it seems, lately, they are being done extremely well.

Reactions: jonnybaws

Hazing

9/5/19
Of course, this is not a photo in the sun, but it is very indicative, in my opinion, in terms of revealing the texture of the dial. Took this from the announcement of one of the TDs in his section on RWI.
That does look good. There have been no good pics of this model posted in here. Somekne even linked some on reddit but those were shitty pics.

As far as how close the sunburst effect is to gen isn't all that important to me. Yes I'd love to few the gen dial and effects but it's not a model or brand that's common enough that someone might notice it's not gen. I haven't even seen the gem so the dial, I'm okay with.

This looks similar to the 1033 but a black dial because lume color looks similar and I love that look on the 1033.

Reactions: KOT1917

Keylog74

14/6/13
Has anyone bought this? I can't find any CQ

Hama

Horology Curious
27/12/20
GER
ok will do tomorrow when there might be some daylight (or even sun)