• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
What are your thoughts on the VSF cyclops? Good enough to skip going Gen? I appreciate your objective overview on reps.

The cyclops is amazing. We know gen is gen but the rep is very close indeed. If you have the time, inclination and money for modding in 2020/21 (when the reps are so good), then go for it but it’s no longer mandatory. I’m certainly not gonna mess around with modding in this day and age. Use the cash and buy another rep imo.

6ca4f68a6034e99962f9c2532f13a457.jpg

15832ca02d04d433d40de967503ff653.jpg

1d06543468967dc1eeb8a1811aa1ccb2.jpg

Aplex

11/11/18
How about the movement? Is it reliable? Does it need a service when it arrives?

Venniz

26/7/20
How about the movement? Is it reliable? Does it need a service when it arrives?

Some people said on forum to service a 3235 you have to change parts. Some people will tell you to don't risk servicing for this reason and others will tell to do it. Usually I would say yes, but not for a 3235.

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
Hello everybody,

does any of you have an opinion, experience or even information from VSF itself whether VSF will make a datejust 41 (or later on a 36) with black dial and diamond indices?
or are these models asked too seldom that it will not be worth it.
cause I´m searchimng for good ootb model for my wife and I guess VSF would be the best way to go if they would produce it (or maybe other suggestions for such model)?

61R4kJzylaL._AC_UX522_.jpg

Qlox

Horology Curious
3/11/18
Anyone knows if there is Wimbledon dial version coming too ?

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
Hello everybody,

does any of you have an opinion, experience or even information from VSF itself whether VSF will make a datejust 41 (or later on a 36) with black dial and diamond indices?
cause I´m searchimng for good ootb model for my wife and I guess VSF would be the best way to go if they would produce it (or maybe other suggestions for such model)?

They probably won't make one, but you can likely get the VSF base and find a reasonably priced rep dial in that format to swap in

Reactions: madbiker2

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
They probably won't make one, but you can likely get the VSF base and find a reasonably priced rep dial in that format to swap in

Thank you very much for the answer and the hint. which rep dial fits the new vsf datejust movement/ dw without any modding the diamond rep dial? any idea which diamond rep dial has best quality?

Reactions: madbiker2

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Hello everybody,

61R4kJzylaL._AC_UX522_.jpg
Trusty time has a few different versions of a black dial w diamond indices watch listed for between 200 and 400. I tried a few. Not as good as vsf but if you have to havr the specific model, it's an option. Or you can get a VSF and swap the dial.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
Thank you very much for the answer and the hint. which rep dial fits the new vsf datejust movement/ dw without any modding the diamond rep dial? any idea which diamond rep dial has best quality?
VRF has some black diamond dial models with clone 3235 movements, so you wouldn’t have to worry about placement of DW (e.g. https://yourwatch.io/watch-brands/77...et-a3235-clone). You could order a VSF base and ask your TD to source just the dial for you, which they would probably be willing to do since you’d be ordering along with a watch. Then again, VSF certainly could come out with this model if you wait a while, I have no special insight here, just thinking that since it’s a less popular model they may not bother.

Aplex

11/11/18
If the movement brakes; is it possible to replace it for a ETA2824?

Aplex

11/11/18
You would so much that it would end up being more expensive than a new watch. So far haven't heard anyone having problems with the movement

Had some bad luck in the past with Other movements. Had them replaced wit A2824 and eta2824 movements, watch for a lifetime now.

Would the VSF accept a 2824?

Reactions: leo6929

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Had some bad luck in the past with Other movements. Had them replaced wit A2824 and eta2824 movements, watch for a lifetime now.

Would the VSF accept a 2824?

I dont think so and you will need to mod hands, dial and so on. Vs3235 makes extremely reliable movements. Worst case scenario you xan mod the movement with gen parts

Reactions: madbiker2 and Aplex

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
Looking for a Grey dial with a Jubilee bracelet, but is not available in stock. Is it possible to fit AR Jubilee on a VS watch? Don't want wait till pass Chinese holidays

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
MolluskMan and @Hazing:

thank you for the answers and the information.
in terms of quality it think it would be the best way to go with VSF and mod it with a fitting diamond dial (VRF as suggested).
but since i have never modified a rep, i don't know whether i can do this or if i should go for a good datejust Diamond dial ootb in the first step (Maybe GMF?).
I'll see..

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
MolluskMan and @Hazing:

thank you for the answers and the information.
in terms of quality it think it would be the best way to go with VSF and mod it with a fitting diamond dial (VRF as suggested).
but since i have never modified a rep, i don't know whether i can do this or if i should go for a good datejust Diamond dial ootb in the first step (Maybe GMF?).
I'll see..

If you’re not a modder I wouldn’t recommend this as a first project... but should be easy enough for a local watchmaker to do if there’s one your trust.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

This VSF will never pass as GEN. Weight is off. Bracelet feel cheap but insert looks great.
Power reserve is 51,3 hrs not 72.

Reactions: Rel and Tete