• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member and trustytime.

Fwenshy

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/12/20
Why do all the posters on your thread think the dirt stuck on the inside of the protective stickers is actually marks on the case ?

I'm sure glad someone came up with the idea of creating reddit - it keeps all the stupid people in one nice, neat & tidy group, making it so much easier to avoid them.

OK well why when I asked him for a close up picture of that part of the watch did he refuse to send me one? He also refused to send me a picture of the movement, said that you cant take the back off the watch because it voids the warranty (we all know thats utter bullshit).

He also told me not to zoom in on pictures FFS.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
OK well why when I asked him for a close up picture of that part of the watch did he refuse to send me one? He also refused to send me a picture of the movement, said that you cant take the back off the watch because it voids the warranty (we all know thats utter bullshit).

Your approach to this is all kinds of wrong, which proves in itself why no one here has any time or regard for what the QC RL Army over on Reddit are doing, or what reddit teaches you about buying a rep. So you would do well to either embrace the wisdom of RWI, or quietly exit and take the advice of that lot.

Why do you think you need a photo of the movement? This is a TRUSTED DEALER. He is going to send you the watch you ordered, with the movement specified. Unless you want to macro zoom into the pics of it, looking for imaginary pubes or maybe getting the reddit crowd telling you the wrong lubricants having been used. BTW, both those things I mention are legit features of a rep watch - which is why you're paying a fraction of the cost of a gen.

And because the watch is a fraction of the cost of a gen, you need to get your expectations in line with that reality, and understand that QC pics are provided to show you that the watch you're going to get is the one you ordered, with no OBVIOUS GLARING FLAWS. They aren't intended for you and a bunch of know-it-all idiots to forensically pick apart at a microscopic level. Which is why Andrew declined your request for extreme close-ups, and why if you carry on like this, he (and other TDs) will decide not to bother doing business with you.

groovystix

Blue Collar Watch Enthusiast
Patron
Certified
10/1/17
CONUS
I have ordered twice from Andrew at Trusty and he's been great. Answered all my questions with prompt email replies. I know that's not a lot as some folk on here, but I figured I would help ease your mind. He is a trusted dealer. I ordered 10 days ago and the watch will be on my wrist today. Chill....you have a trusted dealer, the backing of RWI, and your QC pictures. What more could you ask for in a replica watch? Perfection?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flavous1979

pyr097

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
30/1/20
Are y'all really serious? Did you see the pictures? You must be blind to not see the problems, if its dirt why not remove it and just send another photo as client asked? You deny the obvious, disappointed from the "rep experts".
Never did buy anything from Trusty, asked him a question once on email and here and he replied, im not saying that the condition of the watch is his fault, but still this is why QC exists. The td i bought 2 watches from would not even bother to send me pics of a watch with these marks. Just RL it and ask for another one. Thats in your right.

Last edited:

Fwenshy

Banned
27/12/20
Your approach to this is all kinds of wrong, which proves in itself why no one here has any time or regard for what the QC RL Army over on Reddit are doing, or what reddit teaches you about buying a rep. So you would do well to either embrace the wisdom of RWI, or quietly exit and take the advice of that lot.

Why do you think you need a photo of the movement? This is a TRUSTED DEALER. He is going to send you the watch you ordered, with the movement specified. Unless you want to macro zoom into the pics of it, looking for imaginary pubes or maybe getting the reddit crowd telling you the wrong lubricants having been used. BTW, both those things I mention are legit features of a rep watch - which is why you're paying a fraction of the cost of a gen.

And because the watch is a fraction of the cost of a gen, you need to get your expectations in line with that reality, and understand that QC pics are provided to show you that the watch you're going to get is the one you ordered, with no OBVIOUS GLARING FLAWS. They aren't intended for you and a bunch of know-it-all idiots to forensically pick apart at a microscopic level. Which is why Andrew declined your request for extreme close-ups, and why if you carry on like this, he (and other TDs) will decide not to bother doing business with you.

So why are they called QC? It seems like you're the one that doesn't know what you are talking about. You're telling me that the only time watches get RL on this forum is because they are simply the wrong watch. GTFO

Reactions: pyr097

Fwenshy

Banned
27/12/20
Are y'all really serious? Did you see the pictures? You must be blind to not see the problems, if its dirt why not remove it and just send another photo as client asked? You deny the obvious, disappointed from the "rep experts".
Never did buy anything from Trusty, asked him a question once on email and here and he replied, im not saying that the condition of the watch is his fault, but still this is why QC exists. The td i bought 2 watches from would not even bother to send me pics of a watch with these marks. Just RL it and ask for another one. Thats in your right.

They call the people on reddit idiots, so far all have came across on this forum is exactly that. And they get butt hurt when you call them out on their bullshit too. Its hilarious

pyr097

MULTI ACCOUNT
30/1/20
They call the people on reddit idiots, so far all have came across on this forum is exactly that. And they get butt hurt when you call them out on their bullshit too. Its hilarious

Haha its not like that, but here TDs are like gods and if you are a new member people will sometimes take you for a newbie. Still, many smart and helpful people are on this forum.

Fwenshy

Banned
27/12/20
I have ordered twice from Andrew at Trusty and he's been great. Answered all my questions with prompt email replies. I know that's not a lot as some folk on here, but I figured I would help ease your mind. He is a trusted dealer. I ordered 10 days ago and the watch will be on my wrist today. Chill....you have a trusted dealer, the backing of RWI, and your QC pictures. What more could you ask for in a replica watch? Perfection?

Time will tell. He said he's reverting it back to te factory. I'd been warned multiple times not to go with trusty and this forum was the reason I went with him. The warnings were that if you are a newbie he thobs you off with reject watches and hopes you won't say anything. As someone has just said, if it is just dirt then why not wipe it off and re send a picture? And if it is damage then thats the first watch I've seen from a "TD" so far that has been that bad. After seeing hundreds of QC photos of hundreds of watches that are all in great condition (and im not talking about misaligned bezels or numbers etc as that is expected) I've not seen one with damage to the actual body of the watch..

I wonder why people defend him so blindly and against logic, it makes the TD process all smell a bit fishy.

Fwenshy

Banned
27/12/20
Haha its not like that, but here TDs are like gods and if you are a new member people will sometimes take you for a newbie. Still, many smart and helpful people are on this forum.

I'm sure there are...hopefully. But I'm a 35 year old man who runs my own successful buisness so I maybe a newbie to this forum but I'm not an idiot.

Last edited:

pyr097

MULTI ACCOUNT
30/1/20
I'm sure there are...hopefully. But I'm a 35 year old man who runs my own successful buisness so I maybe a newbie to this forum but I'm not an idiot.

i see that, dont worry and stick to reddit if people here make you angry :D i source information from many forums and reddit threads. Back to the watch, i would RL this one. If the pepsi is ok i see no reason to not take it, and next time try with another td, if you need some advice i can try to help.

groovystix

Blue Collar Watch Enthusiast
Patron
Certified
10/1/17
CONUS
Time will tell. He said he's reverting it back to te factory. I'd been warned multiple times not to go with trusty and this forum was the reason I went with him. The warnings were that if you are a newbie he thobs you off with reject watches and hopes you won't say anything. As someone has just said, if it is just dirt then why not wipe it off and re send a picture? And if it is damage then thats the first watch I've seen from a "TD" so far that has been that bad. After seeing hundreds of QC photos of hundreds of watches that are all in great condition (and im not talking about misaligned bezels or numbers etc as that is expected) I've not seen one with damage to the actual body of the watch..

I wonder why people defend him so blindly and against logic, it makes the TD process all smell a bit fishy.
I'm glad you used your QC pictures to figure out what u needed to do. Its your money. Your watch. Your dealer. Treat him with respect, and he will give it back. Your not even giving him the benefit of doubt. Trashing his name on Reddit, with your pals and on here isn't a good way to start out with your dealer, or on this forum.

Just a word of advice...these fellas are good folk on here, and will go to bat for you if its needed. But my new friend, they won't tolerate foolishness. And, they come as a pack. Long-lasting friendships have been made on here for years. All you need to do is read through the threads to see them.

Please, I am trying to help you. Welcome to the forum. ????

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Bro, i don't understand why you are so salty, it happens to receive QCs of a faulty / dirty / scratched watch, either ask for better pics / clarification or RL it and ask for another one if there are obvious flaws.

Trusty didn't do anything weird, you are complaining for nothing, he's doing his job as a TD, he will show you another one if this one is not ok for whatever justified reasons.

I saw the pics and it indeed looks dirty, not really scratched (even if it could be). I would ask directly for better pics and see what happens, if he says "no" it could be because those are scratches, he realized it and so he'll offer another watch.

P.S. Listen to members of the forum, don't rely on those sheeps on reddit

Fwenshy

Banned
27/12/20
Bro, i don't understand why you are so salty, it happens to receive QCs of a faulty / dirty / scratched watch, either ask for better pics / clarification or RL it and ask for another one if there are obvious flaws.

Trusty didn't do anything weird, you are complaining for nothing, he's doing his job as a TD, he will show you another one if this one is not ok for whatever justified reasons.

I saw the pics and it indeed looks dirty, not really scratched (even if it could be). I would ask directly for better pics and see what happens, if he says "no" it could be because those are scratches, he realized it and so he'll offer another watch.

P.S. Listen to members of the forum, don't rely on those sheeps on reddit

I asked for more pictures of the area of concern and was ignored. He then said he would send it to the factory (I hadn't even RL at this point).

So he sends me pics, i ask for additional pics, he refuses and basically RLs the watch himself and then i just tell people whats happend and im the idiot? He RL the watch after I pointed out the problem. I was willing to take a closer look and give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm really starting confused what I've supposedly done wrong here. I havent shit talked about him ive just told the truth about my experience.

Fwenshy

Banned
27/12/20
I'm glad you used your QC pictures to figure out what u needed to do. Its your money. Your watch. Your dealer. Treat him with respect, and he will give it back. Your not even giving him the benefit of doubt. Trashing his name on Reddit, with your pals and on here isn't a good way to start out with your dealer, or on this forum.

Just a word of advice...these fellas are good folk on here, and will go to bat for you if its needed. But my new friend, they won't tolerate foolishness. And, they come as a pack. Long-lasting friendships have been made on here for years. All you need to do is read through the threads to see them.

Please, I am trying to help you. Welcome to the forum. ????

So telling the truth about an interaction with a TD is a bad thing LOL. The whole TD system wouldn't work without truth, thats how you keep people in check and keep honesty.

I havent shit talked on reddit, as I say I've just told the truth. Some people can't handle the truth clearly.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
OK well why when I asked him for a close up picture of that part of the watch did he refuse to send me one?

Because he knows what it is - dirt stuck to the sticky side of the protective stickers.

He also refused to send me a picture of the movement, said that you cant take the back off the watch because it voids the warranty (we all know thats utter bullshit).

Do we ? He's a TD, he'll sell you what you ordered. I have more trust and faith in him than I have in you.

Why zoom in ? Would you do it if you were purchasing a genuine Rolex ? Zoom in on any watch and you'll see a lot of things you weren't expecting to see.

Did you see the pictures? You must be blind to not see the problems, if its dirt why not remove it and just send another photo as client asked?

Yes, I can see the problem - the protective stickers on the watch have lifted slightly, dirt has stuck to the sticky side and a bunch of mental midgets on a second rate forum think that dirt is actually marks on the case.

Just RL it and ask for another one. Thats in your right.

And I'm sure the TD will exercise his right to RL irritating customers who don't know what they're talking about.

And if it is damage then thats the first watch I've seen from a "TD" so far that has been that bad. After seeing hundreds of QC photos of hundreds of watches that are all in great condition (and im not talking about misaligned bezels or numbers etc as that is expected) I've not seen one with damage to the actual body of the watch..

And you still haven't seen a watch with damage to the actual body of the watch - because it's dirt stuck to the sticky side of the protective stickers, not marks on the case.

dont worry and stick to reddit

Excellent advice ! I suggest both of you apply this rigorously for the remainder of 2021 and stick to reddit for all your reading and posting - and I mean that.

Andrew has been a TD for a long time, he'll no doubt still be a TD when both of you have long disappeared from the rep forums.

If you have an issue / question regarding a watch being sold to you by a TD, then ask the question like a normal human being - don't try to play the demanding, knowledgeable connoisseur, announcing that you'll be having the watched 'formally QC'd ' on reddit etc, it just makes you look like a fool and irritates the dealer.

Half of the problems related to watch purchases and TDs and a breakdown in communication are created by the noob buyer, who is convinced the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on him and sell him a turd (because he's in China, ya know, he's gonna try and scam you, sell you a POS watch that no one else wanted, so you gotta be real smart - smarter than the TD).

Fwenshy

Banned
27/12/20
Because he knows what it is - dirt stuck to the sticky side of the protective stickers.

Do we ? He's a TD, he'll sell you what you ordered. I have more trust and faith in him than I have in you.

Why zoom in ? Would you do it if you were purchasing a genuine Rolex ? Zoom in on any watch and you'll see a lot of things you weren't expecting to see.

Yes, I can see the problem - the protective stickers on the watch have lifted slightly, dirt has stuck to the sticky side and a bunch of mental midgets on a second rate forum think that dirt is actually marks on the case.

And I'm sure the TD will exercise his right to RL irritating customers who don't know what they're talking about.

And you still haven't seen a watch with damage to the actual body of the watch - because it's dirt stuck to the sticky side of the protective stickers, not marks on the case.

Excellent advice ! I suggest both of you apply this rigorously for the remainder of 2021 and stick to reddit for all your reading and posting - and I mean that.

Andrew has been a TD for a long time, he'll no doubt still be a TD when both of you have long disappeared from the rep forums.

If you have an issue / question regarding a watch being sold to you by a TD, then ask the question like a normal human being - don't try to play the demanding, knowledgeable connoisseur, announcing that you'll be having the watched 'formally QC'd ' on reddit etc, it just makes you look like a fool and irritates the dealer.

Half of the problems related to watch purchases and TDs and a breakdown in communication are created by the noob buyer, who is convinced the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on him and sell him a turd (because he's in China, ya know, he's gonna try and scam you, sell you a POS watch that no one else wanted, so you gotta be real smart - smarter than the TD).

Why didn't he just say it was dirt then, why are you finding this so hard to comprehend? I asked for clarification what the "dirt" was and he ignored me.

And for some reason you think that's ok? You are beyond deluded how the hell are you even of importance on here with this verbal diarrhoea? I'm proper fed up with you already and its only been a few days. You literally make zero sense, its almost like you are doing it for a kick. And before you get more butt hurt, stupidity needs to be treated with contempt.

Jesus

P.S I couldn't give a shit if you trust him more than me. Tripdog be trippin haaaardddd

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Why didn't he just say it was dirt then, why are you finding this so hard to comprehend? I asked for clarification what the "dirt" was and he ignored me.

And for some reason you think that's ok? You are beyond deluded how the hell are you even of importance on here with this verbal diarrhoea? I'm proper fed up with you already and its only been a few days. You literally make zero sense, its almost like you are doing it for a kick. And before you get more butt hurt, stupidity needs to be treated with contempt.

Jesus

P.S I couldn't give a shit if you trust him more than me.

Sorry, but why are you even here?

Fwenshy

Banned
27/12/20
Sorry, but why are you even here?

I was here because I thought this site would be a good place for reps. Turns out its a place full of people that are full of it and blind to logic.

Why are you here? Clearly not to help either, ah by bye then.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Why are you here? Clearly not to help either, ah by bye then.
Oh, I do like to help. But I tend to reserve that for members who seem like nice, well-meaning, deserving folk.

Going back to your OP, you seemed to be asking for confirmation that members here think the idea of warning a TD that you weren't going to be "messed around" was a good idea.

He is a TD so I'm hoping it will be ok, I have let him know that I am getting the Watches QC on r/RepTime so hopefully I won't be messed about as a noob. Would like to see what you think.

The consensus of opinions expressed in response would indicate that no, the members here do not think it's a good idea. And it (and your subsequent replies here) make you look like an unpleasant, self-important, undeserving person. Hence my disinclination to be helpful.

Hope this helps.