• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
That's the point. They avoid flippers and the reason many newbies don't get it. If you appear a long term prospect even new person will get it. It has happen multiple times and will continue to happen. Folks like you live just online and don't get the real picture.
They do not avoid flippers at all. That is naive thinking. Most of the steel sports are being bundled with less desirable models and knowingly sold to flippers.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
They do not avoid flippers at all. That is naive thinking. Most of the steel sports are being bundled with less desirable models and knowingly sold to flippers.

Some AD's sell gray market to resellers but they buy like 10 watches at a time to get couple hot pieces. For a regular dude, it's not possible. If you walk into an AD and say gimme Daytona and I'll buy another SS/PM Rolex, it won't cut it. You can easily flip any Rolex for almost same MSRP (SS even more). If it was that easy, everyone could have got a Daytona or hot model. Besides all the talk, there's hardly any Rolex sports model which is not popular now. So saying bundling with less desirable models is something of a misnomer as that doesn't exist (baring Cellini or such non-sports models).

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Some AD's sell gray market to resellers but they buy like 10 watches at a time to get couple hot pieces. For a regular dude, it's not possible. If you walk into an AD and say gimme Daytona and I'll buy another SS/PM Rolex, it won't cut it. You can easily flip any Rolex for almost same MSRP (SS even more). If it was that easy, everyone could have got a Daytona or hot model. Besides all the talk, there's hardly any Rolex sports model which is not popular now. So saying bundling with less desirable models is something of a misnomer as that doesn't exist (baring Cellini or such non-sports models).
They bundle with gold, two tone, and other brands they can't move easily or jewelery even. It happens

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Ah ah, thanks for the laugh!
Now the AD's are super nice people, and they reach into your heart to know if you're pure and you deserve to buy an holy grail, like the Hulk!

And I'm the one not getting the real picture :D

I don't know where you live, but the AD's in here (I live in Switzerland) aren't that cute.
I've tried 4 different AD's.
3 of them didn't know me, and one of them sold me an AirKing and a DateJust (I have the AirKing and the DateJust was for my father-in-law).
If you think I bought those pieces to flip, meh, I should have gone for more desirable ones.

The AD where I bought the two watches was really nice. The other 3 were also nice but they told me "We don't know when the watches will be available. Keep passing by the store, maybe there's something else you would like to get".

"My AD", the one I thought would privilege the fact I've already bought two rolex with him, told me - "let's see what I can do. I'll give you a call if something appears".
This was when the submariner watches were annouced, in September!

Early October I've sent a message to the AD, to know if he had some news.
The answer was what I was afraid.

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message.
The new Rolex models have just been unveiled, and we are all very excited. Nevertheless, we are facing a huge demand.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to get back to you with an answer regarding orders and deliveries. We will contact you in a few weeks with more details once we have a better view on the situation. Please note that this message is not an order confirmation.

In order to privilege our loyal and regional customers, we will not only take into account the date of the initial demand.
Thank you for your understanding and best regards,

The ****** Team"

Loyal and regional costumers.
I live nearby, so I'm regional - It must be the fact that I'm not "loyal".

"We will contact you in a few weeks" - never heard from him again.

I don't live online, I live in the real world and I did more for this stupid attempt to buy a watch than I ever did to buy anything else (went to 4 different dealers, two times to my "favourite" one, and exchanged emails with them also).

I'm sorry if I'm not pure hearted :D
And I'm sorry if I don't believe a newcomer was able to get a freaking Hulk for his first watch (he must be Ghandi) - it's just one of the most desirable watches in the entire planet!

This is nonsense - I will stop the offtopic.

Cheers

Last edited:

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Now the AD's are super nice people, and they reach into your heart to know if you're pure and you deserve to buy an holy grail, like the Hulk!

I don't know where you live, but the AD's in here (I live in Switzerland) aren't that cute.
3 of them didn't know me, and one of them sold me an AirKing and a DateJust (I have the AirKing and the DateJust was for my father-in-law).
If you think I bought those pieces to flip, meh, I should have gone for more desirable ones.

The AD where I bought the two watches was really nice. The other 3 were also nice but they told me "We don't know when the watches will be available. Keep passing by the store, maybe there's something else you would like to get".

"My AD", the one I thought would privilege the fact I've already bought two rolex with him, told me - "let's see what I can do. I'll give you a call if something appears".

"Dear Sir,

The new Rolex models have just been unveiled, and we are all very excited. Nevertheless, we are facing a huge demand.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to get back to you with an answer regarding orders and deliveries. We will contact you in a few weeks with more details once we have a better view on the situation. Please note that this message is not an order confirmation.

In order to privilege our loyal and regional customers, we will not only take into account the date of the initial demand.

The ****** Team"

I don't live online, I live in the real world and I did more for this stupid attempt to buy a watch than I ever did to buy anything else (went to 4 different dealers, two times to my "favourite" one, and exchanged emails with them also).

And I'm sorry if I don't believe a newcomer was able to get a freaking Hulk for his first watch (he must be Ghandi) - it's just one of the most desirable watches in the entire planet!

Cheers

This is true mate, many AD's make you feel like why the hell are you even standing in their store, their expressions and demeanour, though polite on the surface, simply shouts- we dont care you got moolah or not, try getting that watch somewhere else- unfortunately, I had experienced things like these especially when I just entered into the watch world, and even today, the situation has not improved sadly.

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Back to topic :p

Such a stunning watch. I just love the six-digit-LV-watches.
I dont know why some people are bragging about the Cyclops. To me the BH-Effect is quite nice for a stock replica crystal. Just compare it to a stock ZZF V2S Crystal, which was quite good "back then" and this was like... 6 month ago?

Just pulled the trigger on this one from Li. Cant wait for it to arrive. :)

walla65

20/5/19
This is true mate, many AD's make you feel like why the hell are you even standing in their store, their expressions and demeanour, though polite on the surface, simply shouts- we dont care you got moolah or not, try getting that watch somewhere else- unfortunately, I had experienced things like these especially when I just entered into the watch world, and even today, the situation has not improved sadly.
sure that if there are people who humiliate themselves and "prostitute" themselves to buy a watch ....

alexcast

23/6/19
Back to topic :p

Lovely!

Guys stay on topic we don’t care to see people bragging about having gens and experiences in your life or who is better, this thread is to talk about the VSF 126610
Thank you

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolexman72

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
They bundle with gold, two tone, and other brands they can't move easily or jewelery even. It happens
... a lot. Why should the AD sell at Rolex SRP if he can add ten to twenty percent by selling to a grey dealer? Rolex clearly doesn't care that there's tons of sought after models showing up on the grey market. With a markup of 150% to 250%. At the end of the day, customers can decide if they'd like to get fonked in the bottom or not.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18

"Dear Sir,

The ****** Team"

Cheers

Ya you’re all right you caught me. I made that part up about the hulk and I really didn’t get the 126. I’m not really wearing it and the AD was a real jerk. Rolex definitely has something in place to keep their clientele a particular status. I can’t wait to not have that experience again. Thank god you guys all woke me up. Sorry you don’t have any cute AD’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
walla65 hahahahah, good one there bro, that's where the reps come to save oneself from being "prostituted" till the day those damned ADs give a call.:(

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Some details shots I found. I love the watch but I find ridiculous that people are paying 10k above retail for it.
Z1Tkfv.webp
Z1TM6j.webp
Z1T7Ic.webp
Z1TEdX.webp

Last edited:

alexcast

23/6/19
Some details shots I found. I love the watch but I find ridiculous that people are paying 10k above retail for it.
Z1Tkfv.webp
Z1TM6j.webp
Z1T7Ic.webp
Z1TEdX.webp

Could you upload them again? The links are broken

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Some details shots I found. I love the watch but I find ridiculous that people are paying 10k above retail for it.]

You'll see much better ones on many sites (Monochrome, Ablogtowatch, Hodinkee, ...). I'd be happy to throw the 8.300 Euros for an LN or NoDate at an AD, but it just so happens that Rolex doesn't want/need my money. A pity in a way, but then again: who cares?

Last edited:

user7384

Horology Curious
27/12/20
Hello!

This is my first time purchase from InTime, already arroved the QC-pictures and thought I share it with u guys - maybe you can give me some feedback ;)
I've ordered @ InTime / Ryan on Sunday, 27th of December and today, Tuesday the 29th I've already got the QC-pics. This is is extremely fast and I am very happy so far :)

Kind Regards,
Dave