• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Tete

4/11/16
Everyone knows crystal is a factor and once you see it you can’t go back. I saw a watch from a guy on the sidewalk while I was driving and his crystal would flash all bright except for a small black hole and that’s what gens do.

They cost $300 because they are better but mostly because they are gen... I believe factories can make the same for less and Vsf may have done it with this!!

I think like you, gene crystals are a bright mirror when they reflect light and that black hole becomes even more incredible. I hope Vsf is something similar in real life, if not I will change DW and crystal gen. I think it is an investment that you can always change and install them in vsf V2, v3, v4 ... or the manufacturer that does it best.

Reactions: KJ2020 and d3s19n

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Must... see... more... vsf... pics/vids!!!

who’s got ‘em? Preferably hi res showing each part side-by-side next to gen.

Thanks guys!

Tete

4/11/16
Must... see... more... vsf... pics/vids!!!

who’s got ‘em? Preferably hi res showing each part side-by-side next to gen.

Thanks guys!

I have only found QC images on reddit, and videos on youku, I think nobody has it yet and we are all waiting. Here I leave Vsf, Noob V10 and Zzf V2 for black hole comparison with similar light and the same TD.

the latter is gen but the comparison is not valid, different camera, lighting, distance and angle ...

Jayfabs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
California
I just put in and order for this new one. luckily for me I only pop in here every now and then so this should be an awesome watch to wear. Thank you to all the guys that nit pick them to help make them better. I will say this. I tell pretty much everyone I'm wearing a rep and they are blown away.

Reactions: Tete

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
For information and sharing: Below are the QCs of the 2 VSF watches I ordered. one of them has (20 date) one mark on the ceramic bezel, I asked if it was shock or dirt ... and the other has the crown inside which is not aligned...

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
For information and sharing: Below are the QCs of the 2 VSF watches I ordered. one of them has (20 date) one mark on the ceramic bezel, I asked if it was shock or dirt ... and the other has the crown inside which is not aligned...

You’re crown is aligned. It’s an optical illusion due to the angle of the photo. That spec on the bezel is probably just dirt (but let them check).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
In photo where you label "Schock", it does appear the rehaut is not aligned. If it bothers you, simply RL it and request another QC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Tete

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
I dont think so. Look at the right side of the rehaut. Its totally misaligned.

I thinks too, because the 2 watches are the same angle of the photo, and one of them is centered, the other one no. we can take the "S" of the serial number and see, it's not the same position to each other.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I thinks too, because the 2 watches are the same angle of the photo, and one of them is centered, the other one no. we can take the "S" of the serial number and see, it's not the same position to each other.

a misaligned rehaut is not a reason to red light and refuse a watch from a TD, many gen watches have a misaligned rehaut, rolex doesn't care, it's not a tell

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
maybe bad serial... on model at puretime website, same thing

edit: now i know that gen rolex can have a slightly misaligned rehau

ZKH7rv.jpg
ZKHEE1.jpg

Last edited:

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
a misaligned rehaut is not a reason to red light and refuse a watch from a TD, many gen watches have a misaligned rehaut, rolex doesn't care, it's not a tell

ok thanks for the information, i didn't know. it seems curious to me that GEN is not always aligned, but I defer to your knowledge.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
That's not a defect.
Even gen rolex can have a slightly misaligned rehaut...

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

I totally agree with you, but it does seem strange. It's all done by robots presumably so I don't understand the imprecision? Does anyone know how the engraving is done and therefore why they aren't all perfectly aligned?

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
Yea, many gen Rolex watches have misaligned crown or rehaut:

D418199-A-6-CD8-4-C36-ABD6-8-ED038-D78973.png

Moreover, it won’t be visible, so it’s not a problem

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

ok many thanks ! and fantastic watch you have ! ;-)

Last edited: