• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
This is gen this the other watch is not and it's a bad fake

Saying it is a bad fake is kinda hilarious :p

It is the ARF V3, one of the best reps you can get...
But it was just a little test. He passed :D

VSF will improve the game even more.
The rest it's just d*ck size contest...

I'm not saying my rep is gen like. I was just testing Tete to see if he could tell the difference between 4 pictures (3 of the same watch).
Sorry if I offended you!
I was just messing with Tete, to see if he really knew what he was talking about (I admit that the money stuff and the Boss submariner made me laugh).

Cheers

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Your thoughts are based on logic, but it's just not true.

The factories are shipping pallet loads... I mean pallet loads. With no QC checks, they go all over the world. Turkey, Thailand, China markets... everywhere. You think they individually check each QC? No. They are shipped in HUGE HUGE batches.

Look at articles like this:
https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/new...-counterfeit-rolex-watches-seized/3483973001/

Ignore the crap in the article, but that is how they're shipped. In huge huge bulk batches. We are nothing. The TD's mostly don't even return the watches to the factories... if they're a high volume seller like Puretime, they will give it to someone else. Obviously big flaws can be returned to factories. But most of the factories are not accepting minor issues as return reasons. It's one of the reasons costs have increased in replicas over the years. Sometimes TD's take a hit because of our QCs. I know this first hand, I'm quite friendly with some TDs.

Regarding ARF + Angus has good intentions, and good connections but end of the day. Money talks. The factories improve what they can, for one reason and one reason alone. To improve their sales. Plus as machinery has got cheaper, it's become easier. CNC machinery and 3D printing for templates etc, has made the improvements we see today. That combined with multiple watch companies turning their manufacturing to China has caused industry secrets to leak. It has very little to do with us and the whining about minor flaws on this forum.

You can believe what you like, but it's not the truth. We make up a very very small number of sales. We might be 20% of their profit... but actual volume, we're hardly a blip.

I work for an industry that ships an amount of product that makes "pallets" as a quantity metric look minuscule, and we pay very very close attention to enthusiast forums. People in our R&D department religiously subscribe to forums in our sector in order to monitor feedback on new releases very closely, and they listen to the (sometimes intensely irritating) experts because, frankly they have more time on their hands than the team does itself, and they know their shit even if they put it forwards in a somewhat less polite manner than we'd prefer. Fully appreciate this is a different, darker segment of retail but there are parallels in all products whether it's cars, computers, watches or dog food. On a totally unrelated matter, I have to say your SD43 comparison was excellent, thank you for that contribution :).

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I work for an industry that ships an amount of product that makes "pallets" as a quantity metric look minuscule, and we pay very very close attention to enthusiast forums. People in our R&D department religiously subscribe to forums in our sector in order to monitor feedback on new releases very closely, and they listen to the (sometimes intensely irritating) experts because, frankly they have more time on their hands than the team does itself, and they know their shit even if they put it forwards in a somewhat less polite manner than we'd prefer. Fully appreciate this is a different, darker segment of retail but there are parallels in all products whether it's cars, computers, watches or dog food. On a totally unrelated matter, I have to say your SD43 comparison was excellent, thank you for that contribution :).

Would be cool if the rep factories did the same in the repgame, as far as i know the only factories who upgraded their tells fast after listening to the community was zzf with its subs and VSF with its omegas. Most of the other rep factories are using the "Apple" or in general the "smartphone" kind of business model, but they are taking only the worst from it. They release 1/2 new Vs per year, and they only do some minor and useless improvements, leaving the biggest tells as they are in order to have an excuse to fix them in the next release. This is really cancerous, but sadly effective, since this will most likely make people purchase more of the same release, and so give them more money.

This is a big scummy joke, would be amazing if someone like Angus could tell the factories (since he has quite the connections with ARF) to stop this bullshit, but of course it won't happen :(

Last edited:

Tete

4/11/16
After all of this discussion, I still can't tell, is this now the best sub or not? :rolleyes:

although it has its differences with gene, I wish and I hope it is the best sub or one of the best

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Even the date wheel looks good, in some cases.
I hope VSF will solve this little issue fast.

But this crystal (not my QC pics).

q9PwNpr.jpg

S2A5PGW.jpg

Man, I am loving this crystal...
I love the watch overall.
The hands look a bit rought, but I'm not sure that would be visible at a "normal distance".

I have 3 VSF Omega watches and they are amazing.
I have high hopes for this one too (can't wait for the other models).

Cheers

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Even the date wheel looks good, in some cases.
I hope VSF will solve this little issue fast.

But this crystal (not my QC pics).

q9PwNpr.jpg

S2A5PGW.jpg

Man, I am loving this crystal...
I love the watch overall.
The hands look a bit rought, but I'm not sure that would be visible at a "normal distance".

I have 3 VSF Omega watches and they are amazing.
I have high hopes for this one too (can't wait for the other models).

Cheers

Those were my QC pics, heres my QC video for anyone interested. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J51CxxV2YN8 will try to take some macro shots under natural lighting conditions when I get it.

Reactions: saucin and Mille M

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
It looks really nice.
That DW is good, and not so bold.
I am hoping VSF will put that DW on all future batches...

Wear it in good health, it looks amazing.

I am tempted, but I also want to wait for the no date variant, to see if it's a worthy upgrade to my beloved Noob V8 franken.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
It looks really nice.
That DW is good, and not so bold.
I am hoping VSF will put that DW on all future batches...

Wear it in good health, it looks amazing.

I am tempted, but I also want to wait for the no date variant, to see if it's a worthy upgrade to my beloved Noob V8 franken, that I love.

Cheers

​​​​​Im super satisfied with it, glad I could get one with a good cyclop and dw. I always take the timegapher results with a bit of salt but mine were 1+ s/d but will check it in my timegrapher in different positions when I get it.
​​
Feel you I wanted to wait for the no date but I couldn't resist the temptation. I for sure will get a no date should be coming out in 2-3 after the holidays. Really looking forward to the vsf new releases.

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
If they are as good as I wish, I will buy the no Date, the Hulk and the Bluesy :D
And then, like Thanos, I will rest :p

Thats my plan too, and the DJ41 if ARF fix the dw and maybe the Yachtmaster 40 with rhodium dial :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Mille M

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I just hope they get the Hulk insert right. Anything else i can live with.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I will rest on what Rolex is concerned :p (already have too many Rolex).

I want a XF Calibre 01 TAG Heuer (the skeletonized one on a ceramic body), a VSF Seamaster 300M and lately I've been thinking on getting a VSF Panerai PAM961 Carbotech with the Carbon dial and the green rubber strap.

But I will only buy two, for christmas (TAG will be one of them).
That's why I will wait for more VSF submariner models, so that I can choose the right one :D

Reactions: Jayalvin777

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Bravo to [mention] Tete [/mention] for holding his ground through this 100 post onslaught!! attacks from all these multiple members would have demoralized me.!!

Reactions: fuzzmex and Tete

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Everyone knows crystal is a factor and once you see it you can’t go back. I saw a watch from a guy on the sidewalk while I was driving and his crystal would flash all bright except for a small black hole and that’s what gens do.

They cost $300 because they are better but mostly because they are gen... I believe factories can make the same for less and Vsf may have done it with this!!

Tete

4/11/16
Bravo to [mention] Tete [/mention] for holding his ground through this 100 post onslaught!! attacks from all these multiple members would have demoralized me.!!

Thank you friend for your support !!! I take it well and calmly, I know very well what I am talking about and I say it for the one who really appreciates the help of each other to see it. This forum will make sense if instead of praising any watch that is sold to us, we make good or bad reviews of these watches and try to advance in choosing the best. And of course I will continue to enjoy all my rep with their strengths and weaknesses. I love the rep and their quality, plus for the price of a sub gen I can charge 30 rep. Thanks again