• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
So let me get this straight.... you now claim to feel the difference between 316 and 904 steel? Please.... just stop

Maybe his fingers have the ability to analyze the metal composition.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Actually....it doesn’t confirm anything besides the fact that Angus tested a V2s, not a V3.

1) Li prefers not to get involved with this factory marketing battle.
2) Li just received the first batch of V3’s a few hours ago (he gets them before anyone else). After he saw that their old V2s stock tested as 316L, he did some due diligence to make sure that ZZF’s supplier was being truthful about selling ZZF 904L bracelets on the V3...
3) Before this they simply took the supplier’s word on the steel actually being 904L - never had reason to expect otherwise.

I think it’s great Angus tested the V2s and we all found out what we did. Now it’s leading to more tests to ensure QC! Since the tests/review he’s doing is supposed to be for all new subs, I guess he’ll test the V3 again once he gets one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't test the case though why, because he already knows the result. Don't kid yourself.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
There is definitely a difference between feel of the difference factories, noob is shit, ARF is the shit :)

but let’s for god sake put this 316 vs 904 nonsense to the grave. It’s not important, there is no visible difference, OR FEEL :)

904l is mostly a marketing scam from Rolex, and good for them, it works. But just remember other producers of high end watches uses 316, for example Patek, and those watches are in a different league. You don’t hear anyone with a Patek going, “well it’s a nice watch, but I wish is was 904L” :)

I mean we are buying a replica of a watch that is 904l so...

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Honestly it doesnt really matter but all you lot defending this as if its an honest mistake would be screaming blue murder if it had turned out Noob had pulled this shit. Just saying

Last edited:

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
Sorry but I very much do not so believe in it .. there is an interest I do not say it is your interest only but you are a messenger ..
And let me tell you the truth .. and I know what I'm saying and I have my connections in China with some very close people ..
All this review and all the matter of the other factories that came out with a new sub .. It's all to bring down the factory that made the other factories a school and a capital graph lately .. so they all made one hand to take from it the crown ..

And this crown was found at zzf .. This factory made a fortune recently and everyone did one hand to try to bring them down ... The one who has the hardest time is the AR factory he is not willing to put up with it until zzf came they were the best and zzf took his crown ..
The other factories are trying to wait for zzf and take the crown because they saw that the zzf factory made the most profits this year .. only on a black submariner did they rake in more of all the factories together ..
So do not play this game ..
As of today the best is zzf v3 with no date

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
Li wrote me back. They did a test of their own on the bracelet and clasp of a new batch of V3. Both results was 904l. He sent me pics. Nothing on the case.

again I don’t really care that much, and I did but an order in for a V3 hulk and a vsf hulk.

Is the VSF Hulk out? Can`t find it. Looking for a Hulk too ;)

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
I have no idea about the 316 vs 904 steel thing, but yes - the Noob bracelet feels cheap as f*ck compared to ARF V3 bracelet :)

I am waiting for the VSF Smurf!

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
You can actually TASTE the difference ... try it out and lick the bracelet and watch case all over ... you'll know what I'm talking about.

ZH2QUR.jpg

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
You can actually TASTE the difference ... try it out and lick the bracelet and watch case all over ... you'll know what I'm talking about.

The only people who can taste metals n still know the exquisite differences are those consuming chemotherapy supplements and Am I sure of this? Hehehehe

Last edited:

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
There is definitely a difference between feel of the difference factories, noob is shit, ARF is the shit :)

but let’s for god sake put this 316 vs 904 nonsense to the grave. It’s not important, there is no visible difference, OR FEEL :)

904l is mostly a marketing scam from Rolex, and good for them, it works. But just remember other producers of high end watches uses 316, for example Patek, and those watches are in a different league. You don’t hear anyone with a Patek going, “well it’s a nice watch, but I wish is was 904L” :)

Very well said mate, no one can feel the difference between 904 n 316 visually or feeling wise. It depends on the factory quality n finishing.
Here's Rolex genuine 904L with 316L. I can't see or feel any difference, do any of you guys here can see?

Reps have come a long way to the real deal and we should enjoy this hobby... cheers!!!

VmxoLX.jpg

VmxPoy.jpg

VmxfWG.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kostiksch and Tobel

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
I don't think it's about the steel used because for 99% of us it doesn't matter. It's about the fact that the factories/sellers sold the watches at an increase of 100-120$$ which was a complete scam.
I mean you can get a noob 316L v8 at about 300 $ or even less ( on sale I think) Or you can get a Noob V10 / 11 at a price of /400-528/ $ and the v10/11 doesn't have some astronomical improvements, Shit the v10 has even fatter lugs then the v8 and its the same fuckin* steel. Of course, anyone who paid 100 dollars more for a v10 would-be pretty pissed!
But today were we have the new VSF, ZZF, and upcoming ARF I would be glad to pay 400-500$ even if it's not 904L because the improvements are truly there we can see them!

houss1981

15/3/17
Mmmm does that mean that the 16610 ARF might not be in 904L as well? If we assume that only ARF 6 digits sub bracelet supplier is the only one doing the 904

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Mmmm does that mean that the 16610 ARF might not be in 904L as well? If we assume that only ARF 6 digits sub bracelet supplier is the only one doing the 904

it's still ARF, we don't know if the 6 digit bracelet supplier also supplies 5 digit bracelets for them.

Having said that, being 904l or 316l is really their last problem, the 16610 from ARF is trash and totally unjustified for being 100$ more expensive than the JF one, since they didn't improve shit, but actually made some stuff worse.

Lol look at this crap, looks like a 50$ beach watch

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
The fact that we have been lied to by zzf is bad (if it's actually true), but at the same time, the fact that no one realized it after buying their watches must mean that there is basically no visual difference in the everyday use of the watch.

You definitely CANNOT tell the difference between 316l and 904l on the wrist.

Here's a pic, which one is 904l? which one is 316l?

AF4275-A0-4-A75-47-A7-B58-F-438015-CA18-CC.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonbaylee

wildhunter84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/20
it's still ARF, we don't know if the 6 digit bracelet supplier also supplies 5 digit bracelets for them.

Having said that, being 904l or 316l is really their last problem, the 16610 from ARF is trash and totally unjustified for being 100$ more expensive than the JF one, since they didn't improve shit, but actually made some stuff worse.

Lol look at this crap, looks like a 50$ beach watch

the DW hurts my eye