• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

Reto

Known Member
Certified
11/4/19
Why is the cyclops blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
I will try to do some pictures side by side this late afternoon!

Interim report after a few hours of wear:
  1. Bracelet and clasp is much worse than my ARF V3
  2. Crown on the clasp is the best I have seen so far
  3. Bracelet is squeaky so definitely needs an oil bath if I keep it
I will try to put the ARF bracelet on to the RXF and I also have a ZZF to try.

A2824 movement runs +7 sec/day.

Will keep you updated.

Reactions: Doc_Savage

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
I will try to do some pictures side by side this late afternoon!

Interim report after a few hours of wear:
  1. Bracelet and clasp is much worse than my ARF V3
  2. Crown on the clasp is the best I have seen so far
  3. Bracelet is squeaky so definitely needs an oil bath if I keep it
I will try to put the ARF bracelet on to the RXF and I also have a ZZF to try.

A2824 movement runs +7 sec/day.

Will keep you updated.

I fell like there is too much gap between gaps and case, What would you say about sel gaps when u compare it to your gen hulk? Am i making a big deal out of thin air or is there really big sel gaps?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
[*]Bracelet and clasp is much worse than my ARF V3
[*]Bracelet is squeaky so definitely needs an oil bath if I keep it

I totally agree, BUT after a clean and oil bath it was a billion times better - it really made a significant difference. I did a 'blind feel test' afterwards comparing it to a couple of watches I had around (ARF and Noob) and I couldn't feel a difference. At least, not a better/worse difference. So deffo do the oil bath. Mine had two days in mineral oil/Baby Oil.

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
I fell like there is too much gap between gaps and case, What would you say about sel gaps when u compare it to your gen hulk? Am i making a big deal out of thin air or is there really big sel gaps?

I will also try to show the difference on the photos this afternoon.
Hope I get the time to do that today!

Reactions: GingerBubba

1675Fanboy

3/9/15

No issues with gaps around the SEL’s on mine. For $388 it’s astounding value versus the NOOB BLRO GMT ( different models I know but the NOOB is much more expensive and has much more obvious flaws).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Hi guys, I am sorry but came home to late to take good pictures of the cyclops, will try to shoot them on the weekend.

Just fitted the ARF bracelet on my RXF and in my opinion it fits perfect and feels much better than the RXF bracelet.
Te crown on the ARF clasp is much closer to gen than the crown on the RXF clasp.
See pictures and let me know your opinion.

I also set the A2824 into beat and it now runs on a flat line on the timegrapher, if the rotor was less noisy I would keep it but the noise is a game stopper.

With a Swiss ETA and a gen crystal the rep is nearly perfect for me.

Reactions: Kostiksch

GingerBubba

24/10/17
No apologies necessary! But if you can do phots at the w/e, that would be great.

A tiny dab of Molykote DX will sort out all rotor noise btw, genius product.

Reactions: Doc_Savage

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Here are two photos of the cyclops!

url=https://clickpix.org/image/Zjkdyp]
Zjkdyp.jpg
[/url]

Reactions: d3s19n

GingerBubba

24/10/17
That looks close to me. The pic of the LN is out of focus which makes the dial and black hole look a bit off and exaggerates the look of cloudiness (which as owners we know isn't there), but if you take that out of the equation, I think it's close.

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Guys I accepted these QC pics, but I have some doubts about the insert at 3 o'clock (offline) and the SEL at the top right. You think? For the rest it looks ok
274a56f6f050956e82616f5d78507cbd.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

ben_a34

Known Member
30/7/20
Guys I accepted these QC pics, but I have some doubts about the insert at 3 o'clock (offline) and the SEL at the top right. You think? For the rest it looks ok

You mean the insert alignment? Looks perfect to me. You've got to account for perspective as the watch is slightly tilted. The SEL I don't see anything (gap?) but maybe I'm not looking at the right thing?

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
You mean the insert alignment? Looks perfect to me. You've got to account for perspective as the watch is slightly tilted. The SEL I don't see anything (gap?) but maybe I'm not looking at the right thing?
Thanx for the reply. There is a gap of about 2mm on the top / left of the SEL. In addition, I see the insert at 3 o'clock lower.
a2e1db9e3583185f9c08f6179af3c6b6.jpg