• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

dsn fiddy

acdealer

Horology Curious
30/8/09
I just got my ultimate fiddy from dsn I wound it just enough to feel some tension I have a gen omega speedmaster professional so I know how to wind it and it ran for about 5 hrs and stopped i thought maybe it needed a little more winding so I tried to wind it a little more it wouldn't even wind a little i didn't force it... now it will not run at all what should I do? has anybody else had the same problem? I am really pissed the watch was $460 US plus $30 more for western union I am a computer programmer and at first I was so mad I was going to crash dsn's site but I have calmed down some now... any ideas?

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
crashing dns's sight won't help your cause any. You have two options, e-mail DSN to get a replacement, or so he can fix it; or take it to a watch smith and see if they can fix it.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
DSN doesn't have a site. I understand your frustration but the threats might help your cause and my hurt it...

acdealer

Horology Curious
30/8/09
I know he has photobucket and some attachments to this site which can easily be erased I am not going to do it but I am really pissed at being sent a piece of crap watch...

D

d4m.test

Wow, thats a great way to get a community to help you... Threaten a trusted dealer, and then the forum itself!
Good luck with your "Fiddy"!

CaptainJack

Known Member
13/6/09

You're the only "computer programmer" I've ever heard use the term "computer programmer" to decribe themselves.... odd thing, that.

drivesick

3/7/09
Wow man you really need to chill. Before you get all crazy, email him first and see what he will do. These things happen no matter what you buy. Give DSN a chance to solve the issue at hand or take it to a watchsmith like mentioned. Have a good one.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Alright, let me just start by saying that threatening one of our dealers is unacceptable behavior.

I understand your frustration and I understand that $460 isn't a small amount of money. Have you contacted DSN before posting this little rant? I think it only fair to allow him to address the issue before you cry foul, don't you?

Lastly, 6497s are dead simple movements. My bet is that your local watchmaker could fix whatever the issue is for very little money.

Personally, that's what I would do - take it to a local watchsmith for diagnosis, then contact DSN and see what can be worked out. I would have it repaired locally vs. sending it back to Hong Kong myself, but that's your call.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
These gentlemen are leading you right. Threats against DSN will definitely not help your cause one iota. Remember too, that any dealer can choose to sell or not sell to you in the future. If you get a reputation for threatening dealers if you're not happy about something, you might find it difficult to find people to buy from. Rep watch glitches are part of the game and frustrating, but not punishable by death and destruction.

Good luck.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
i was half done writing something but then read your last statement...

You should realize Sh!t happens...sometimes there is a lemon in everybatch....it happens. If you get a bad car are you going to threaten to take down Chevys computer database? I mean way to be mature...and to top it off you think if the seller (DSN) is reads this he will be inclined to help you? Why should they?

Just think. They will help you if something is wrong. But if you makes stupid threats they will probably write you off...

And then to hack photobucket...smart, fucking genious. to do that you would have to take down more than just his more than likely. Then if you get caught its a lawsuit and attention is probably drawn to our hobby...jesus noobs like you piss me off

acdealer

Horology Curious
30/8/09
I didn't threaten to do anything to this site, I was expressing my frustration with dsn don't lie about what I said...if anyone can offer help I would appreciate it...

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
acdealer said:
I didn't threaten to do anything to this site, I was expressing my frustration with dsn don't lie about what I said...if anyone can offer help I would appreciate it...

Well, pretty much a half dozen people here believe that you did threaten his site.

But that fact notwithstanding, the advice you've already been offered is correct. You need to contact DSN and POLITELY tell him the problem so that he can help you. Most likely you will be asked to mail the watch back to him for repair or replacement. You will ALSO most likely be expected to pay the postage for the return. This is nearly universal policy amongst the dealers, so don't come unglued if it happens.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Just email him. Explain the problem see what he says..

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
acdealer said:
I am a computer programmer and at first I was so mad I was going to crash dsn's site

acdealer said:
I know he has photobucket and some attachments to this site which can easily be erased

Didn't threaten to do anything to his sight eh?

You did, in fact, say that you cooled down and decided not to do it, but you still threatened to do it, and in front of a lot of his supporters.

We gave you help, by telling you to either contact DSN or a watchsmith. Either way I would contact DSN anyway and let him know what's going on. These are really the only options you have my frustrated friend.

MY plan of action would be to contact DSN, let him know the problem, and let him know that I am taking my watch to a local watch smith to see if he can fix it. Then I would just ask for a break on my next purchase from him, for the problems I got from the current watch.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
acdealer said:
I know he has photobucket and some attachments to this site which can easily be erased...

That sounds like a threat to DSN's section here AT THIS SITE. No?

Oh, and I already gave you suggestions/help in my first reply if you read it.

Good luck to you.

acdealer

Horology Curious
30/8/09
Sorry if I got a little pissed....my wife just had twins...I have had about 5 hrs sleep in 4 days and I do appreciate your help and wiil try to give dsn a chance to make it right...also I could use a nap.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
acdealer said:
Sorry if I got a little pissed....my wife just had twins...I have had about 5 hrs sleep in 4 days and I do appreciate your help and wiil try to give dsn a chance to make it right...also I could use a nap.

Most of us know what it's like to get a little stressed and sleep deprived. And we also know how to forgive.

Go get some rest and when you feel refreshed, send DSN a nice email and see what happens. :)

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Congrats on the kids...but there is no reason to threaten what you did. Capable or not...

Like AHW said get some rest and then email him. He will take care you...he did to me, thought I had to pay the postage back it was so worth it!

C