• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
Can anyone post some high quality pics of their black dial v3s (or any ARF DJ41s)? The black one didn't get too much love on this thread, and that's the one that I'm after. Also, I think that this was brought up earlier on in the thread, but my brain is a bit fried after reading hundreds of pages and I can't seem to remember what was said about it: does the gen black dial have a sunburst effect? If so, does the rep get it right? Thanks guys.

Reactions: thediesel17

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
My suggestion is save up more and buy a gen dial.

I do not intend to go down that route haha, it'll never stop haha. Besides a V3 dial is really cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
690f82f04e504f3fee55d73164c7bf63.jpg

even with a plain bezel, this watch looks its part!

Last edited:
Reactions: Derpboi

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
As I have been saying, REF is a much better watch than the ARF.
Lugs are much nicer, crystal for a rep is great. DW is very decent.

If you are looking to make a franken, this base is a no brainer

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois

The one on the left is ref# 116xxx and right one is 126xxx. These two models have different lug sizes.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North

20200707-184418.jpg

I don't have that much experience with REF but based on what I've seen on TDs websites the DW looks very much like ARF (on 126334 as this thread is about) and the dial looks very purple tinted unlike gen so I really can't see why it should be a better choice than ARF.

Your wimbledon however looks great (assuming it is gen or franken).

b3516a2f990cc528ef851ea80e51c71b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North

As promised. Some facts about gen DW and crystal on ARF:

Inserting a gen DW will make it much better but stock ARF crystal won't magnify the gen DW 100% correct (the numbers will look a bit too big and oblong). That's why a gen crystal is desirable for the picky ones as it solves that problem. You also get the black hole effect, white halo ring around the cyclops, it's clearer yada yada...

Is it worth it? Since I own a gen Rolex and have slight OCD and kept comparing it with my ARF, yes!

But if you don't own a gen Rolex to compare it with, don't want to spend a lot of money on a rep and don't care about small details and are more sane than me, NO. Or maybe just settle with the gen DW only.

Some other fact that I didn't know is that when installing gen DW on ARF it will always be slightly off to the right due to different measurements on gen dial (most noticable on 20+ numbers). A gen crystal won't help this, only a gen dial can fix it (and they are not cheap as they cost about 1000 USD).

Anyway. Now you all know what to expect regarding gen DW and crystal.

These pics are based by an average ARF DW (I would say 95% of the ones I've seen). If you think you have recieved an ARF with a better or worse DW, please show these numbers so we can compare correct (5, 16 and 28).

As I have seen quite many gens and I am under the impression that gen DW sometimes vary just A TINY BIT in the boldness, don't know why that is though.

(DW + install. = 200EUR/220USD)

(Crystal + install. = 380EUR/400USD)

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19

As promised. Some facts about gen DW and crystal on ARF:

Inserting a gen DW will make it much better but stock ARF crystal won't magnify the gen DW 100% correct (the numbers will look a bit too big and oblong). That's why a gen crystal is desirable for the picky ones as it solves that problem. You also get the black hole effect, white halo ring around the cyclops, it's clearer yada yada...

Is it worth it? Since I own a gen Rolex and have slight OCD and kept comparing it with my ARF, yes!

But if you don't own a gen Rolex to compare it with, don't want to spend a lot of money on a rep and don't care about small details and are more sane than me, NO. Or maybe just settle with the gen DW only.

Some other fact that I didn't know is that when installing gen DW on ARF it will always be slightly off to the right due to different measurements on gen dial (most noticable on 20+ numbers). A gen crystal won't help this, only a gen dial can fix it (and they are not cheap as they cost about 1000 USD).

Anyway. Now you all know what to expect regarding gen DW and crystal.

These pics are based by an average ARF DW (I would say 95% of the ones I've seen). If you think you have recieved an ARF with a better or worse DW, please show these numbers so we can compare correct (5, 16 and 28).

As I have seen quite many gens and I am under the impression that gen DW sometimes vary just A TINY BIT in the boldness, don't know why that is though.

(DW + install. = 200EUR/220USD)

(Crystal + install. = 380EUR/400USD)

Are the pics with the arf gen DW only and Arf Gen Dw and crystal Done in same light condition?

Its true some Gens have bolder DW too. The Problem with arf Dw is, that some numbers like 16, 18 are not that clean. here is a pic
gen on the left:

here is the youtube Link of the gen with bolder DW:

https://youtu.be/YhpiyJ8B7MU

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Are the pics with the arf gen DW only and Arf Gen Dw and crystal Done in same light condition?

It's similar light condition but not identical as it would quite impossible to get 100% the same since my watch was away for a month for modding for the gen crystal.

Reactions: dla329

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
It's similar light condition but not identical as it would quite impossible to get 100% the same since my watch was away for a month for modding for the gen crystal.

Aaaa you decided it loool

Reactions: Akilles

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reactions: rockdaytona

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

what am I looking at when i salivate at this wimbledon dial on the right ?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Aaaa you decided it loool
Yeah, didn't think I would go for the gen crystal at first but I am planning wear this as my daily for a long time so I figured why not. Broke my budget for a rep with like 300% lol.

Time for the subs be in the closet for a while :)

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Yeah, didn't think I would go for the gen crystal at first but I am planning wear this as my daily for a long time so I figured why not. Broke my budget for a rep with like 300% lol.

Time for the subs be in the closet for a while :)

Hahahahah
your example is beautiful..if you have money it deserves a gen crystal..you went with interaktiv?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Thanks! Yes.

Over a month in transport to him with trackable shippment to Greece. Only one 1 day with DHL to send it home :)

Last edited: