• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
What's this X issue, assuming it's on the Rolex but can't seem to what's actually wrong? Embarrassed to admit this lol. Can someone show me an example?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Better don’t ask that question it’s best if you don’t know it as if you know it you can’t unsee it anymore :)

But it’s been brought out before with pics you just have to scroll back.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
diamant Thanks. Unfortunately I can’t get past the ‘X’ factor in the Rolex. Albeit it minor. And also the serial! I swear this forum has heightened my OCD. LOL

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Better don’t ask that question it’s best if you don’t know it as if you know it you can’t unsee it anymore :)

But it’s been brought out before with pics you just have to scroll back.
I want to know I have one of these ordered. Haha!

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Still a lovely looking watch of course. Insert looks awesome and dial colour good too.

Thanks.
Yes I understand alot of error on this watch discovered. However insert and movement is very good. Bad case for sure, dial is ok but meh.. Think arf have better black. Will try noob v10 next.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Thanks.
Yes I understand alot of error on this watch discovered. However insert and movement is very good. Bad case for sure, dial is ok but meh.. Think arf have better black. Will try noob v10 next.
That's just it though, there isn't a "lot of error" in the watch, up until the ARF v1 I purchased every noob and ARF hulk with a view to hybrid/frankin and compared to Gen, putting in a lot of research. The inserts were always miles off, so without a gen insert there was no point in moving forward, I gave up on the hulk. (Unicorns were easier to find at the time)

The ZZF V2s however pricked my ears, it has the closest to a gen insert you will find, the case isn't the best but isn't a clear tell at all. The dial the same, although admittedly I am still struggling to see this huge 'x' issue being spoken about, I can see it's not perfect, but it's a rep, and the green in the dial seems to hit black notes in different lights like gen too. A v2s, with an ARF bracelet on it and gen xtal, and you have a pretty fantastic rep for less than £1000, which 99.9% of the world wouldn't be able to call you on - and id bet a lot of the forum members jumping on the bandwagon becoming overly fascinated with minuscule "flaws and issues" on the forum wouldn't neither.

There is a huge load of hype around finding the "perfect rep", been in the game over 7 years, and owned dozens of them, I'm still yet to find one.

My advice is learn to live with the flaws and enjoy your watch, franken the fuc%er as much as your budget allows. Or don't, either way It looks fantastic, I can't wait to get mine. Enjoy it dude. ????????

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under

Already accepted, although I'm curious what the tape around the lugs was for as I've never really seen that before.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
sorry just asking if anyone has ever successfully did a hybrid of the following?

ZZF v2s dial + movt assembly
ZZF v2s bezel + insert assembly
ARF donor midcase+bracelet
Gen DW + Gen Crystal

Reactions: Tione12

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
sorry just asking if anyone has ever successfully did a hybrid of the following?

ZZF v2s dial + movt assembly
ZZF v2s bezel + insert assembly
ARF donor midcase+bracelet
Gen DW + Gen Crystal

You are probably better of using the ARF bezel, with the ZZF insert. And you don’t need a gen DW, just crystal

Reactions: Asheron82

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
You are probably better of using the ARF bezel, with the ZZF insert. And you don’t need a gen DW, just crystal

Noted, thanks for the advice!

i’m looking to build a hybrid of the 2, would you know if it would be a straight forward plug and play to fit the midcase to movement or may require some modding?