• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF Omega Seamaster 300m releases coming very soon!

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
hi folks, as I have a sedna SMP coming in, I could really use your help with QC-ing ( I feel like I have overinspected it at this point)

two concerns:
- bezel slightly misaligned at 3 and 9 (which is odd as 12 looks to be on spot)
- 30 of bezel inlay looks very rough

thanks in advance

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
hi folks, as I have a sedna SMP coming in, I could really use your help with QC-ing ( I feel like I have overinspected it at this point)

two concerns:

thanks in advance

The 30 in the bezel really seems a bit rough. I would ask for another close up shot.

The alignment of the bezel seems spot on. I think it's just the angle the picture was taken. Otherwise the rest would not be aligned as well.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16

two concerns:
thanks in advance

You're kidding right? That is as good as they come. If you need a ridiculous drawing with red lines zoomed in to 50x magnification to see that it's a none issue.

That watch is absolutely perfect. If I were Li and you rejected the watch because of that I'd tell you to do business elsewhere. It's a tiny misalignment which could as well be due to the viewing angle being a tiny bit from the left. If it really bothers you even though it's not visible in real life it's a really easy fix to adjust the insert a tiny bit.

The 30 roughness may just be dirt or a fingerprint. In any case absolutely no reason for rejection in my book. Those are toy watches assembled in dirty illegal factories by underpaid Chinese workers. Scrutinizing a counterfeit watch like that expecting absolute perfection will get you nothing but head aches and trouble in this business.

The biggest flaw on this clone model is the tiny crown guards as far as I'm concerned. I have one and I absolutely love it. Oh btw the insert on mine is slightly more misaligned but I only see it if I look for it intentionally straight from the front. It's not noteable in daily life on the wrist only if you specifically look for it and only if you do so straight from the front IMO.

Last edited:

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
I am always surprised when I see such questions... from the beginning as I arrived here (so less than 2 months :p), I read QC pictures were not made to reject all the watches till you find a perfect one.
Furthermore, all this picture are taken from hand, so generally not perfectly straight 90° from the watch.
I told Sead I trusted him to check with his experience, and checked with the pictures he had what I really ordered, as a mistake is still possible.
I think most of us would not even be as picky with an AD (ie reject sometimes 2-3 watches), although paying 10-15x more.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14

two concerns:

thanks in advance

Take it. That is an amazing super rep. Watch is a little tilted to the left which is causing the misrepresentation.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
You're kidding right? That is as good as they come. If you need a ridiculous drawing with red lines zoomed in to 50x magnification to see that it's a none issue.
That watch is absolutely perfect. If I were Li and you rejected the watch because of that I'd tell you to do business elsewhere. It's a tiny misalignment which could as well be due to the viewing angle being a tiny bit from the left. If it really bothers you even though it's not visible in real life it's a really easy fix to adjust the insert a tiny bit.
The 30 roughness may just be dirt or a fingerprint. In any case absolutely no reason for rejection in my book. Those are toy watches assembled in dirty illegal factories by underpaid Chinese workers. Scrutinizing a counterfeit watch like that expecting absolute perfection will get you nothing but head aches and trouble in this business.
The biggest flaw on this clone model is the tiny crown guards as far as I'm concerned. I have one and I absolutely love it. Oh btw the insert on mine is slightly more misaligned but I only see it if I look for it intentionally straight from the front. It's not noteable in daily life on the wrist only if you specifically look for it and only if you do so straight from the front IMO.

First of all, I didn't reject the watch and do trust Li's word.
Nevertheless, QCs are there to examine the watch before shipping, so why not assess & address the things that bother you?

I kindly asked for another angle and a close-up shot of the 30 and thought I'd ask you guys if you saw anything else, what you all clearly don't. no harms done

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I would GL the watch. The misaligned bezel insert is n easy fix either by yourself or by an watchmaker. The rest of the watch looks pretty awesome. Just to be sure about the 30 I would ask for another photo (as you did). Probably you will see that everything is spot on.

Reactions: Tucker

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
First of all, I didn't reject the watch and do trust Li's word.
Nevertheless, QCs are there to examine the watch before shipping, so why not assess & address the things that bother you?

I kindly asked for another angle and a close-up shot of the 30 and thought I'd ask you guys if you saw anything else, what you all clearly don't. no harms done

Correct, QC pics are for the buyer to ensure that he's going to get the model he ordered and that there are no major flaws with the watch.

QC pics however are not to be shared on the forum with the sole aim of people pointing out microscopic discrepancies and nitpicking.

The myriad of lines that you've drawn on your watch don't and can't take into account factors such as camera angle, foreshortening, perspective etc.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
The myriad of lines that you've drawn on your watch don't and can't take into account factors such as camera angle, foreshortening, perspective etc.

thanks, I didn't know that

QC pics however are not to be shared on the forum with the sole aim of people pointing out microscopic discrepancies and nitpicking.

to my knowledge QCs are allowed to be posted IF an issue is presented that seems worth discussing.
The misalignment and 30 seemed appropriate at the time, which is why I consulted you in the first place. looking at it now it falls into the category mentioned above

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
to my knowledge QCs are allowed to be posted IF an issue is presented that seems worth discussing.
The misalignment and 30 seemed appropriate at the time,

What is worth discussing and what isn't worth discussing is highly subjective - personally I prefer to make decisions on my own about whether a watch is acceptable or not.

Reactions: lumentin and Tucker

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
thanks, I didn't know that

The misalignment and 30 seemed appropriate at the time, which is why I consulted you in the first place. looking at it now it falls into the category mentioned above

A missalignement of 0,02mm is not an “issue” , maybe for Omega QC standards yes.

And as said below those lines doesn’t mean nothing if the picture it is not parallel to the watch dial.