• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Received mine last week.

0eb6936dc6c1d74dfb094f3ba61c7c2d.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my QC 2 days back, mine is very similar to yours in terms of the 18 color transition.

What I don’t understand is if the Chinese reps is “Cookie cutter” assembly line manufacturing, How can there be variations between each insert? Shouldn’t they all have the exact same transition point? Noob is so screwed up in terms of pricing and such manufacturing issues - yet they just keep selling...

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
What I don’t understand is if the Chinese reps is “Cookie cutter” assembly line manufacturing, How can there be variations between each insert? Shouldn’t they all have the exact same transition point? Noob is so screwed up in terms of pricing and such manufacturing issues - yet they just keep selling...

My understanding is that the bicolor effect is achieved by making a base ceramic that is all one color, then dipping half into a liquid that changes the color (I think it's a red that gets dipped to become blue, but I could have that backwards). So if the level of liquid is off by 1mm, the amount of red in the 8 could change radically. The transition at 6 is consistent, so maybe it gets rotated into the liquid from that point or something... but that's just a guess.

Either way, the colors have improved a lot in recent batches. I haven't seen any of the crazy brown reds, or dull gray blues that were coming out last year. You notice color a lot more than the transition point once it's on your wrist.

Reactions: srhoque

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
15831388006062.jpg

Color changes a lot depending on environmental lighting. I can't say I've ever seen such a dramatic change in a ceramic insert.

Same watch here next to a GMF. I'd love to see a gen comparison pic showing color extremes across different lighting conditions.

C1bR3.jpg

Last edited:

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
Hi!

I'm doing a pepsi build at the moment. But I need more inspiration.

The current specs is:

- Noob 126710BLRO pepsi as base.
- Gen crystal.
- Gen 3135 dw.
- Gen 116710LN hands (with painted GMT hand).
- Gen 704 crown.
- VR3186 movement.
- Noob BLRO dial with ZZF sub markers.
- Rehaut will be lightly polished.

What other mods would you guys recommend?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Hi!

I'm doing a pepsi build at the moment. But I need more inspiration.

The current specs is:

- Noob 126710BLRO pepsi as base.
- Gen crystal.
- Gen 3135 dw.
- Gen 116710LN hands (with painted GMT hand).
- Gen 704 crown.
- VR3186 movement.
- Noob BLRO dial with ZZF sub markers.
- Rehaut will be lightly polished.

What other mods would you guys recommend?

All you mods are great. Noob with ZZF markers is a smart move (I am doing one as well and went for a VRF dial instead). You will also need to fix the Noob bezel assembly (probably your watch makers will do something about it when putting it back on after mounting crystal)

Aesthetically your mods are pretty complete. However you also need to strengthen the lifeline of the watch - VR3185 movement. Not sure of your plans but here is my recommended list of gen parts:
- 660 jumping hour module (this is the must part to change, rest below is dependent on your budget)
- Complete autowind module along with ratchet wheel and barrel/mainspring
- stem and sliding+winding pinion.

Lastly if you are doing gen hands, I recommend using a gen minute pinion with cannon pinion for perfect accuracy.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
The Noob case is very impressive, but how about getting your VR3186 by picking up a whole VRF 11670, and using the case as well? The crown position and CG shape are correct, which can be noticeable on the wrist, and the movement will be a perfect fit with no movement ring, and seated using gen spec set screws.

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
All you mods are great. Noob with ZZF markers is a smart move (I am doing one as well and went for a VRF dial instead). You will also need to fix the Noob bezel assembly (probably your watch makers will do something about it when putting it back on after mounting crystal)

Aesthetically your mods are pretty complete. However you also need to strengthen the lifeline of the watch - VR3185 movement. Not sure of your plans but here is my recommended list of gen parts:
- 660 jumping hour module (this is the must part to change, rest below is dependent on your budget)

Lastly if you are doing gen hands, I recommend using a gen minute pinion with cannon pinion for perfect accuracy.

Thanks for your input bro. What's wrong with the noob bezel assembly? You're confusing me.
I will add a 660 jumping hour module.

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
The Noob case is very impressive, but how about getting your VR3186 by picking up a whole VRF 11670, and using the case as well? The crown position and CG shape are correct, which can be noticeable on the wrist, and the movement will be a perfect fit with no movement ring, and seated using gen spec set screws.

Hi. I prefer noob case over VRF. Thats why i'm going with noob.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Great advice. Read this thread for the fiasco that is the Noob Pepsi bezel.

Noob GMT's poor bezel design

LuoIsBoss

Last edited:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Received my new Pepsi, tejected 3 times,
this bezel looks great incl transition. Replaced the movement with ar VRF, running great. Feels like OEM after oiling the bracelet. A gen crystal will bring it one level up.

05a7b5469ba012ba6ae5c07ea36f63db.jpg

Sent from iX

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
this bezel looks great incl transition. Replaced the movement with ar VRF, running great. Feels like OEM after oiling the bracelet. A gen crystal will bring it one level up.

Sent from iX

Dang nice

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe

Sent from iX
What's the way to fit a VRF movement in to a Noob case ?

Thank you

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 SE utilizzando Tapatalk

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
How do you even find a VRF movement, without buying the actual watch.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
How do you even find a VRF movement, without buying the actual watch.

Now is this a joke? There are plenty of movements available by different sources.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
Modding the movement holder ring down to 0.4 mm and modding the hands, easy ....

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
I'm not able to do these things.

Who can do it in EU ?

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
I'm not able to do these things.

Who can do it in EU ?

Guru is one of the first to share how this can be done back in March. Read here
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...i-noob-126710-blro-904l?p=8697380#post8697380

For modder in EU, Domi and Interaktiv both done the conversion. But that all I know so far, I'm sure there are more capable to do this I'm just not from EU. Do you have a regular modder? just check with him maybe.

Berike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/19
Will noob use same moovement as batman for the pepsi at some point?