• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
I’ve got one of those too, but the amp and beat error isn’t quite as good:
XylUt.jpg

I think this is excellent. While high amp generally perceived as good, but too high amp like >315 could indicate the movement is too dry, especially on a ETA/clones.

Edit: oh my bad, this have miyota clone not ETA... Ignore my comment LOL!

Last edited:

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I think this is excellent. While high amp generally perceived as good, but too high amp like >315 could indicate the movement is too dry, especially on a ETA/clones.

Edit: oh my bad, this have miyota clone not ETA... Ignore my comment LOL!

These ROO chronos do have A7750’s. They run really well, just best not to use the chronograph functions!

Reactions: savo

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
That is really great but take a look at this.
​​​​​​
pxN1P.jpg

Indeed lol.

------------------------------------------

Well better to go back on topic or this thread gonna ends as a timegrapher pictures compilation :)

Reactions: Katarsis

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Erm.. It's just pure randomness, chance and luck.

It's been serviced by a competent watch smith.

It's still random and luck based. You were granted a movement that was capable of achieving such a feat by luck. Not every watch can achieve this, not every replica watch certainly. It would be foolish to suggest that every watch can achieve such results.

It is entirely random and lucky, the service and regulation helped but you also had a very good watch to begin with.

+30 / -30 - would be perfectly acceptable, you and others may not enjoy that fact, but it is also the truth.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
It's still random and luck based. You were granted a movement that was capable of achieving such a feat by luck. Not every watch can achieve this, not every replica watch certainly. It would be foolish to suggest that every watch can achieve such results.

It is entirely random and lucky, the service and regulation helped but you also had a very good watch to begin with.

+30 / -30 - would be perfectly acceptable, you and others may not enjoy that fact, but it is also the truth.

Let me rephrase that for you.

It's mind-blowing what some replica movements are capable of.

My experience is that watches from factory's does not run very well. I bet that there are some that do but all of which I have serviced run very well. Within a few seconds a day.

Maybe I am a very lucky guy.

To stay on topic. I was lucky enough (pun intended) to snag one of the first 15500s on m2m. A grey dial one that has not been used. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

​​​​​​
​​​​​​

​​​​​

Last edited:

Legacyy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/20
What's the best way to make the bracelet more smooth? The edges of mine are kinda sharp and don't feel well on the skin.

Gesendet von meinem ANE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
What's the best way to make the bracelet more smooth? The edges of mine are kinda sharp and don't feel well on the skin.

Gesendet von meinem ANE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

I wet sanded my VSF bracelet with Micro-Mesh soft pads - worked great. Not sure how the pros do it though... :idontno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Legacyy

Hertzen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/20
I just got my 15500 black. Took about 5-6 weeks to arrive.

I must say I'm impressed.

I've been wearing multiple gen watches of a similar price range for the past years (mostly Rolexes and Omegas, yes, they are cheaper than APs, but you know, diminishing returns and all that) and was expecting a replica watch to be a parody for a real one. Yes, on photo it looks good, but in real life it shouldn't be. I bought it just out of curiosity.

But... Yes, it's a bit inconvenient to wear (most APs are), yes, rotor is a helicopter-loud, yes, it's not perfect, yes, trained eye will see it's not gen.

Nevertheless - it's impressive.

P.S. I was thinking about buying gen AP for some time now, and I've seen a lot of them, even wore 15450 to give it a try, so I'm not completely new to the brand. Yet I would say if I saw ZF 15500 in real life half a year before I would 100% think it's gen.

P.P.S.: was a bit surprised that watch fit me 100% OOTB. I would even say I'd probably need even one more link. I'm 1.9m and quite athletic, yet my wrist is far from the largest one, so some of you may need an extra link for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: srhoque

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

I've been wearing multiple gen watches of a similar price range for the past years (mostly Rolexes and Omegas, yes, they are cheaper than APs, but you know, diminishing returns and all that) and was expecting a replica watch to be a parody for a real one. Yes, on photo it looks good, but in real life it shouldn't be. I bought it just out of curiosity.

But... Yes, it's a bit inconvenient to wear (most APs are), yes, rotor is a helicopter-loud, yes, it's not perfect, yes, trained eye will see it's not gen.

P.S. I was thinking about buying gen AP for some time now, and I've seen a lot of them, even wore 15450 to give it a try, so I'm not completely new to the brand. Yet I would say if I saw ZF 15500 in real life half a year before I would 100% think it's gen.

P.P.S.: was a bit surprised that watch fit me 100% OOTB. I would even say I'd probably need even one more link. I'm 1.9m and quite athletic, yet my wrist is far from the largest one, so some of you may need an extra link for sure.

U. S ARMY heli rotor is kinda noisy but well you can make it silent if you know what you are doing lol, post some pics mate

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

I work in the financial district where as you can imagine there are many watches, you're not getting called out for this ZF 15500 in real life. I've seen many many AP's in my life. Sure if you have time to study watches you'll notice differences... but the reality is I see a watch for 10-15 seconds at most... it would be weird to stare at someone elses watch. And I'll be honest it's only us watch enthusiasts that want to talk watches.

Most of the people wearing AP/Patek know very very little about watches... they bought it because they were pretty exclusive and cost about what they wanted to spend and was a good make.
Even less of the people wearing Rolex know anything about the haute horology sector...

Anyway, the bracelet is top notch, very few differences to gen. Which is quite entertaining actually since AP themselves attribute most of the RO cost to bracelet manufacture... so to think some Chinese back road factory got it 90-95% right, is pretty amazing.

The rotor is quite noisy but helicopter loud is a bit of an exaggeration, if you spin it sure... but on the wrist meh it's fine and is fixed with a bit of oil for the rotor.

The trained eye to spot it isn't gen would really have to know AP and also again... not just be looking at it on your wrist for a normal glance. They'd have to stare.. it just doesn't happen in the real world. We're obsessive here, but very few people take it us far as us. We do it because we're over compensating as in our brain we know its a replica. 99% of people have ZERO clue its a replica and a good 95% of the same people don't even know AP...

As for wrist size... I have an 8" wrist and I needed an extra link. I think the cut off is about 7.75" which in fairness is quite generous...

All in all, as you say.. this is a fantastic rep and you're certainly not getting called out for it. If you take your watch off and let someone stare at it and compare to gen, obviously. But who does that in the real world? It just does not happen.

It's an incredible out of the box rep, with a few minor minor modifications.. Rotor, fixing crooked AP logo if you have one.
The movement is fine too, since you don't have to low beat it. Does the movement look perfect? Obviously not, but again... real world. Who is looking at the bottom of your watch? haha