• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrist Check 7/25 - 7/31 --raffle -- look here and win

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
This is big raffle time on RWI. Normally we have a weekend wristcheck and a wristcheck for the week. NOT FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS
I am starting this now because in Takashi Land it is already 3.30 am , so the weekend has started already and our friends in Australia and New Zealand are waking up at this moment.
Time to check RWI :D :D

Pix is sponsering this raffle, he will let you know why he is doing it and he will post some pics of the watch you can win soon :D :D I guess tomorrow morning he will do it. At the moment he is enjoing barbecueing. Pix is paying for the shipping and he will ship worldwide registered.

Here are the rules.........you do not have to buy any tickets :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All you need to do is, post every day during the next 7 days a wrist shot or a normal picture of your watch you wear , but these must show the correct day / date of the day you are posting it. For example, you post a picture on the 26th and your watch shows the 15th, this picture will not qualify for the raffle. :D Understand :?: :?: Pix and myself will choose the winner next weekend. I think it's easy for all of you, let us have some fun on RWI during the next 7 days.

We are looking for some new people to show up here and win the raffle, so Admins, Mods and the 2 professionals ( I am thinking about By and Pu ) are out. So every noob has a chance to win ............ :D :D If you wear the same watch every day, no problem, post a new picture of your beauty. But I still would appreciate pics from our crew....

Here is what I wear tonight

DSSDV3007.jpg

If you look at the date, this picture will not qualify for the raffle, date is wrong, we have the 22nd of July....but it is really on my wrist tonight :D :D

So let us have fun for the next 7 days...I am expecting at least 200 postings....

midasmook

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/08
Great gesture by Pix well done, This is my latest aquisition Panerai Black Seal 183...

radiomirblackseale.jpg

aganthorp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/09
My Omega SMP with new upgraded pearl and a bottle of fine vodka for my Friday evening. Nothing like relaxing with Chopin at your side.

omegasmp.jpg

P.S. Guess I disqualified myself but to me Friday night is the weekend! :lol:

soren

27/7/08
aganthorp said:
My Omega SMP with new upgraded pearl and a bottle of fine vodka for my Friday evening. Nothing like relaxing with Chopin at your side.

omegasmp.jpg

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
So here is the watch I propose as a prize : actually a compensation watch I received from Watcheden after a *cough* average transaction.
I would never have got it IMO if RWI's admin team had not been behind.
That's also why I think it's right that the watch goes to the Community.

I was offered a 108 USD watch, so unfortunately we're not talking about a high end replica. But I tried to choose a watch that looks nice for the price (simple automatic movement), that also had a good looking movement : I chose a dressy one, the Omega Hour vision, the one which IMO has the best engraved rotor and nice movement as well as good caseback engravings.
Of course we all know it's far from the gen, as what makes the gen is the movement.
Eventually we have a good looking dressy watch, which is very credible.
If i had to change something, it would be the strap and deployment : I feel the Omega deployments are too chunky for such a watch (40 mm)

I will ship it Worldwide, registered airmail.

Guru and I will choose not the best, but our favorite shot.
We will not automatically go to the perfect technical shot, but rather to the most original. No idea. Make us surprises :D
You can post as many shots as you want. The only point is we would like to see fresh pictures, therefore let appear the date on the dial (when possible)

What we want is not competition, but fun, and sharing of wristshots or simply nice shots. Phoroshopped or not, it's not a criteria. Originality will rule.

I'll post more pictures of the prize during the week and more about the history of the watch and about the various models which exist as reps.

HAVE FUN !

BTW, try to limit your pictures to 640x480 or 800x600 :)
To avoid too much bandwidth used.

frontwnb.jpg

backwog.jpg

movementr.jpg

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

I remember making a wristcheck thread once with something similar as a game...
The picture should show the current date on the watch, but for those who would like to join with no-date watches, something showing the actual date would be in need on the pic. like a magazine, a newspaper, or anything like that (even a piece of paper with the date written down there would be fine). So, does that apply to the rules here too?

Thanks for your gest, PIx! We all @ RWI appreciate that alot :D

...as I just got back from the supermarket (and arrived from a trip too) decided to try to inovate a little bit.. **but I still do have some pics of the 116710LN & 16200 to post**

For my first wristie for the raffle..the 16610 ? Submariner...Bananas and Romero Britto paintings as a background...Does it get any more Brazilian than that? :lol:
16610SubmarinerWristcheckBananas.jpg

...and I think the 24th date is pretty visible there too. :)

Cheers,
Spirit.

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Happily sporting my Skyland today

IMG_3999.jpg

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Spirit, anyone ever tell you that your wrist looks an awful lot like a bunch of bananas? :D

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
ahw676 said:
Spirit, anyone ever tell you that your wrist looks an awful lot like a bunch of bananas? :D

Must be the flu...I´m feeling pale. The watch was laying at my hand tho.. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Spirit.

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
Took my new BR01 (thanks CBR) for a ride this morning.
It's great - I can read it without glasses.
Never had anyone comment on any of my watches before but I had 5 ask about it today.

2009_07250003a.jpg

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Well, as a staff member and non-replica watch owner, I have two reasons to be ineligible, but in the interest of solidarity, I'll post pics of the VIPmariner I just bought from D4M.

P1050316.jpg

P1050315.jpg

P1050318.jpg

The bunny is not an entry either. But he was in the yard and he was cute. Besides, he also makes up for the otherwise absence of fur in my pic (notice my studious avoidance of making a pun with hair/hare). :D

P1050314.jpg

kimber45acp

16/3/09
Was in the middle of a dj session and I figured it would be a good time to snap a pic for the raffle.

Tag Formula 1 + Technics 1200 + M-Audio Torq

3753136297_3f4545e01a_o.jpg

Dogma

Renowned Member
4/1/09
Today it's the MM on bracelet! Power Reserve model. The date is kinda hard to read but hopefully
you can tell it's the 24th.
img6472s.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
ahw676 said:
Well, as a staff member and non-replica watch owner, I have two reasons to be ineligible, but in the interest of solidarity, I'll post pics of the VIPmariner I just bought from D4M.

P1050316.jpg

First wrist shot from AHW, great. Now you need to get the watch sized :D

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
today my SA

let us see some more wrist shots, nobody has time to get the camera out?

BreitlingSAHE015.jpg