• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1:1 TAG HEUER 01

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
It is a very beautiful replica. I like Tags very much and could go for it.

But what bothers me more is not the spacing between the SD but the gold wheels you can see at 12 and 6 in the back. These are absent in the gen and very noticeable in my opinion. This a strange flaw since it should be very easy to fix.

Nobody else noticed that ? What's your opinion ?
Aah sorry Mate, only way to fix that is to go gen :p. Jokes aside, yes skeletonising a 7750 based movement vs real deal Cal.01 will reveal gears and doodads in the wrong spot. Not that noticeable IRL as the date wheel obscures it, but yes this one will never make the NWBIG list.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Aah sorry Mate, only way to fix that is to go gen :p. Jokes aside, yes skeletonising a 7750 based movement vs real deal Cal.01 will reveal gears and doodads in the wrong spot. Not that noticeable IRL as the date wheel obscures it, but yes this one will never make the NWBIG list.

Update to my post though - honestly, how many people do you know with a gen cal.01? This one, while not perfect, is one of the best reps I own on finishing and "prescense" alone. If you want it, get it and wear with confidence - it is a beautiful piece!

Examples:

1. Top of lugs and sides - linear satin grain
2. Tips of lugs - mirror polish (Marvelous attention to detail...)
3. Case black satin grain
4. Case back - two tone, black satin grain with brushed SS insert
5. Movement and balance wheel, Côtes de Genève
6. Clasp, satined matte black
7. Strap, right colour and excellent finishing, no silicone residue anywhere

I am not even getting in to the finishes on the face itself - it's a masterclass. Whoever built and finished this watch, knew what they were doing, and it is worth owning for that alone IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G988B

0dbf6df4368a541749ea768ac4f6c19d.jpg
a3c4b0aa3e45060eb99e92a1ddb603bd.jpg
25a0238a8ccea90aa7e571cad0ac5540.jpg

0566def1e2886493e2e0cc70cf5e0e3f.jpg

Last edited:

modoro

Horology Curious
29/4/20
Hello, im intersted in this master piece where i can buy it from germany best? the Chinese Web Forum blocked me after registration thank you

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19

Got mine from trusty time a few days ago. I'm very pleased, I've been waiting a long time for a decent replica of this model.
That is really cool in the black and red, might be tempted actually... wear in good health!

Last edited:

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Hello, im intersted in this master piece where i can buy it from germany best? the Chinese Web Forum blocked me after registration thank you
Mine is from Ryan at InTime

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Thank you all for the pics and reviews. Can´t wait to receive mine.

Microkorgi

Horology Curious
14/11/18
Missouri
I got my blue on in today and I'm loving it! My nitpicks are the the rubber on the crown moving a little when fully winding it, and having to experiment with hand setting to get the minute hand lined up. No gen has ever given me problems with that, only reps. It works best if you advance past the time you're trying to set, and rolling it back.

I'm curious since there's little information given about the strap. It feels like real rubber but it has no scent like I've hear natural rubber sometimes has? I'm wondering what that's made out of. The clasp too, it does feel to me like titanium- though my experience with that is very limited. Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable on these materials can offer an opinion?

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
I got my blue on in today and I'm loving it! My nitpicks are the the rubber on the crown moving a little when fully winding it, and having to experiment with hand setting to get the minute hand lined up. No gen has ever given me problems with that, only reps. It works best if you advance past the time you're trying to set, and rolling it back.

I'm curious since there's little information given about the strap. It feels like real rubber but it has no scent like I've hear natural rubber sometimes has? I'm wondering what that's made out of. The clasp too, it does feel to me like titanium- though my experience with that is very limited. Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable on these materials can offer an opinion?
Strap is odourless silicone, like the gen. I also scratched my head about the buckle, not sure either.

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I received mine and it is great. Also suffered what you guys mentioned (exact minute setting is a bitch), but no problem really, just have to get the hang of it. The Chrono function stutters awfully, so won't use that too much. otherwise Im thinking on getting the white rubber strap, which doesn't seem to have a rep version. Decisions, decisions...

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
I received mine and it is great. Also suffered what you guys mentioned (exact minute setting is a bitch), but no problem really, just have to get the hang of it. The Chrono function stutters awfully, so won't use that too much. otherwise Im thinking on getting the white rubber strap, which doesn't seem to have a rep version. Decisions, decisions...
Wear in good health! I teally loke the black/red version, looks really cool.