• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by BBR - Full review

Anadrol5

14/10/18
If you are really not happy with it, you might have just found yourself a buyer.
I'm following this thread for a while now and I am at the point of buying one myself... But as I'm reading your posts, I can imagine that when time is passing by the watch will have a grey AR coating from all the dust in your drawer... Please let me know if I can help you out.

Thank you for your kind offer but i might just hold on to it and somehow get it tinted. I said i am a little disappointed not dislike it.

Turns out Prof does not do blue tinting. Only his 2× clear AR.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I belive that blue tint is a reflection from a source that is blue in colour such as a window or the sky, not a blue tint because the crystal is tinted blue.

Its from a white led panel light, its the lighting in my garage. I dont have a window, still saving up for one ;)

Reactions: TidusKun

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Some comparisons size wise on my wrist and with a vernier.

Thanks for the big effort here, really does show the size off well with these comparisons. At that 43mm measurement it's very similar to an Omega Seamaster then. Yet easily thinner than a sub.
​​​​​As Anadrol5 says, must be the bezel tipping it over to the 43mm mark. Still very wearable I'd say.

Are those marks I can see on the right side of the crystal some ar coating scratching off or just needs a clean?

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Dr Fun Socks, are you measuring the watch in question bezel to bezel? I may be mistaken but it looks like you're measuring the case.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Thanks for the big effort here, really does show the size off well with these comparisons. At that 43mm measurement it's very similar to an Omega Seamaster then. Yet easily thinner than a sub.
​​​​​As Anadrol5 says, must be the bezel tipping it over to the 43mm mark. Still very wearable I'd say.

Are those marks I can see on the right side of the crystal some ar coating scratching off or just needs a clean?

It did need a quick clean, i noticed when I started measuring them. Width of the case may be similar to a seamaster but as i say, it wears very small for its size. Maybe its the downward curving lugs that help with that i dont really know. Sorry the quality on the video isnt great, it lost a lot in the upload to the site.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Dr Fun Socks, are you measuring the watch in question bezel to bezel? I may be mistaken but it looks like you're measuring the case.

Yeah im measuring the case, thats what manufactures go by. If you measured the submariner bezel it would be bigger than 40mm too but rolex still list it as a 40mm. Also very awkward measuring modern watches with all the extra profiling and shapes!

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
b8689f3e37807f88c5b301d8cb1e0ece.jpg

Approved! Finally :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gexwh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/20
Is that a new release from factory or is this already there? I do not remember seeing that in td's website
0b673931b8385d715d280469e7ed9ae8.jpg

Edit: oh wow, the pic is awful on my mobile wtf

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Is that a new release from factory or is this already there? I do not remember seeing that in td's website
0b673931b8385d715d280469e7ed9ae8.jpg

Edit: oh wow, the pic is awful on my mobile wtf

There’s no good quality rep of that watch that i know of. Stick to bbr or jbf if you want good quality.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Already have a bbr. This one do not really interest me. Just wondering if this is new?

As in is it new from rd or a new rep? Very hard to tell from the low res picture. Looks a bit like the huracan. If its a rep it will be 90%+ deco plate and if your lucky the balance wheel wheel at 12 works. Cant think of many movements with a balance at 12 oclock and a date function.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Just need to actually get mine first ;)

On another note, watched the first episode of the Michael Jordan documentary on Netflix and guess what.. in the interview, there it is on his wrist... the roger dubuis

Yeah i saw that on instagram, made me watch the program haha. Did make me wonder why he cheaped out and got the non tourbillon version, but at the same time its probably also the only gen rd ive ever seen in the wild... and i love that guy so i let it slide!

Reactions: TidusKun