• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Well, you bring up a good perspective. Something to consider is whether the bezel/insert is the 5 digit model or 6 digit one (and whether it is the 1166xx or 1266xx version). Having the 5 digit gen in hand, I can assure you that the numbers are not that much raised as in the Chrono24 pic. In fact the Noob insert has the right level of font thickness and elevation. I have never seen or held the newer 6 digit bezel/insert, maybe that's what the chrono24 pics shows and maybe that what ARF replicates.

Edit - BTW, I should have mentioned, after TomRep PPM, these inserts go to the next level. When Tom sand blasts the insert surfaces, the numbers take on a mirrored finish and they look a bit more raised/elevated. Atleast that's the case with my 2 inserts that he has modded

Yeah that's all spot on.

BTW, my 5 digit gen bezel also has a rubbish click. It's nothing like the sub, it's also half the number of clicks of the 6 digit YM IIRC.

Tom refinished my gen bezel twice as it was in bad shape when I got it. It had been over polished and got really grubby. You have to bear in mind that on the chrono24 listings, any polishing to the numbers will make it look less raised.

The noob case I agree is better than the ARF but neither come close to the wm9 or Sean. Wm9 was probably the best out of the box, I had one and sold it because it wouldn't fit the 3135. Shame as it was easily the best case of any rep rolex I ever handled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dissemination

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Well, you bring up a good perspective. Something to consider is whether the bezel/insert is the 5 digit model or 6 digit one (and whether it is the 1166xx or 1266xx version). Having the 5 digit gen in hand, I can assure you that the numbers are not that much raised as in the Chrono24 pic. In fact the Noob insert has the right level of font thickness and elevation. I have never seen or held the newer 6 digit bezel/insert, maybe that's what the chrono24 pics shows and maybe that what ARF replicates.

Edit - BTW, I should have mentioned, after TomRep PPM, these inserts go to the next level. When Tom sand blasts the insert surfaces, the numbers take on a mirrored finish and they look a bit more raised/elevated. Atleast that's the case with my 2 inserts that he has modded

Yeah that's all spot on.

BTW, my 5 digit gen bezel also has a rubbish click. It's nothing like the sub, it's also half the number of clicks of the 6 digit YM IIRC.

Tom refinished my gen bezel twice as it was in bad shape when I got it. It had been over polished and got really grubby. You have to bear in mind that on the chrono24 listings, any polishing to the numbers will make it look less raised.

The noob case I agree is better than the ARF but neither come close to the wm9 or Sean. Wm9 was probably the best out of the box, I had one and sold it because it wouldn't fit the 3135. Shame as it was easily the best case of any rep rolex I ever handled

Reactions: srhoque

ssouthall6

10/10/13

Yeah that's all spot on.

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
Yeah that's all spot on.

True mate, I have been looking for a WM9 case for ages ;)

Marco1937 - There is a platinum dial Sean case for sale here. This is as good as it gets...

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/8771911-franken-rolex-16622-sean-based

srhoque

28/11/18
I was on the fence about the YM. Now that I put on a burgundy strap.... I has a place in my heart. The bracelet was just too much bling for me.

That's the beauty of this model. Looks classic on Oyster bracelet, Leather or Oysterflex/Rubber. Enjoy the watch in good health!!

Reactions: Essray

Essray

Renowned Member
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
Daydreaming while on conference call
a3ab571b031f1fbcbb2b71e6ec80c459.jpg

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City

Hahaha. I actually wore the blue quite a bit when I first got it.
Once I got over the initial 'new watch' high, I found it a bit flashy (compared to the Rolesium and Rhodium).
The sunburst cobalt blue dial really pops, so it gets quite the bit of attention from people around. I hardly wear it much now - except on some weekends.
The rhodium on the other hand is relatively low key.

srhoque

28/11/18
Hahaha. I actually wore the blue quite a bit when I first got it.
Once I got over the initial 'new watch' high, I found it a bit flashy (compared to the Rolesium and Rhodium).
The sunburst cobalt blue dial really pops, so it gets quite the bit of attention from people around. I hardly wear it much now - except on some weekends.
The rhodium on the other hand is relatively low key.

+1. I am so waiting for summer and warmer weather to start wearing my YM again. But then as you mentioned the blue draws attention (specially with summer clothing) because of the sunburst contrast. I have the same experience as you for both the YM and the ARF DJ41. Rhodium is definitely the "safer" bet.

Reactions: thorne

srhoque

28/11/18
Thank u mate
on both I did the mod of tomrep in addition, rhodium also has proof glass

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Spot on...TomRep PPM is a "must have" it does show on both of yours.

Last edited: