• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

centrum

27/7/14
Another one from my 3k
1bd0ea186a31de8cc6522a8fef2521aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every lume index on yours looks great. I got QC pics for the same watch and had to reject it, because one of the rectangular indexes was not filled with lume properly.

How's the watch hanging and what's your thoughts? Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Thanks for the pic. look nice.

I don't see any difference between zf and 3k dial. sorry to hear you're having trouble with the movement. You are the first one I hear who has trouble with the movement, what's wrong?

the 3K dial seems to have rust-colored and non-chocolate reflections

SKnight

8/7/19
Yes, I got one RG, I loved it but the movement is having problems

Hey mate, can you share some pictures please.

Thanks

My bad, just say the picture. Can you share additional images?

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
Another one from my 3k
1bd0ea186a31de8cc6522a8fef2521aa.jpg

Wow, the DW looks pretty centered on the 3. Bezel seems ok too (not as mis-aligned from some of the SS QCs). But the gold color is off (maybe its the lighting in your photo), seems more YG to me that RG.

Reactions: timnic54

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
What colour is that dial? Not sure if it is the light but the watch just looks wrong....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atozzotas

7/1/15
Every lume index on yours looks great. I got QC pics for the same watch and had to reject it, because one of the rectangular indexes was not filled with lume properly.

How's the watch hanging and what's your thoughts? Cheers.

Well the movement is having problems, depending on the position (face down) the movements stops.
The rotor is loud as people have mentioned.
I have never felt a gen strap, this one is serviceable, but is not soft.
The dial does have rust colored shine, will have to compare with a ZF at somepoint.
But...I love the watch, I love how it feel around the wrist and using it around the rose gold shine.
But this is clone movement so to the dust bin it will go

srhoque

28/11/18
There has been a lot of discussions about markings on the case back on SS vs Gold models and frankly I am a bit confused about what is right and what is not. So I pulled 2 pics from the Patek website. The SS on Rubber does show markings but not the bracelet model one. So it does seem like 3K is correct, am I confused (quarentine effect) or mis-stating something?

BxN2P.jpg

Last edited:

centrum

27/7/14
Well the movement is having problems, depending on the position (face down) the movements stops.
The rotor is loud as people have mentioned.
I have never felt a gen strap, this one is serviceable, but is not soft.
The dial does have rust colored shine, will have to compare with a ZF at somepoint.
But...I love the watch, I love how it feel around the wrist and using it around the rose gold shine.
But this is clone movement so to the dust bin it will go

I'm sorry to hear about the movement issues. After reading your posts, I'm considering whether to get a different watch over the 3KF Aquanaut. If I did, I would probably go with the ZF Aquanaut or the PPF Nautilus, since their movements seem to be okay.

How's the dial color like compared to the gen? It seems to have brown and rust sort of color in above pictures. I hope at least 3KF got the aesthetics right.

Thank you very much for your photos and thoughts. Cheers.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I checked that's right. Maybe they used a white gold case. Or they are engravings that do not indicate gold

centrum

27/7/14
Also the color of the lume seems to be different; the rep seems to have a deeper hue of yellow/green when the gen has a neat white color.

I'm looking at the listings on Chrono 24.

Reactions: Nivka

SKnight

8/7/19
c13ec3fbfcd265552dd2b40968e59e73.jpg

5c38b8e3e37833ec5e38c6ed26358beb.plist

d96182d82a9117f8b28775ea94987a8b.plist

It looks stunning in this lighting mate.
Sorry about your movement issues and thanks for the additional images.

Is is just me or does the dial in these images look pretty spot on?? What does everyone else think.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
without direct light it is very beautiful. The strap has the perfect dark brown color while the ZF strap is too light. I will take ZF with 3KF rubber.

Have you noticed that in 3K dials 6 and 9 are different from gen? While ZF has replicated them perfectly. But the color of 3K dial on SS version is wonderful, and I ordered it just for this.

Reactions: marcoxxxx84