• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Dial for 116610LV Hulk?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Funny thing that the bezel is really close hahah
dial isnt better than zzf v2 IMO

Reactions: Dissemination

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
LuoIsBoss He did a BP 28XX dial with ZZF markers. Looks amazing. I will be doing the same mod, will post pics when project is completed.

Same here. I have a BP Miyota that is IMO the best rep Hulk dial ever made. Transferring the ZZF markers to it is not something for a novice hobbyist but it isn't terribly difficult either. I've done enough marker repairs to be confident in doing it myself.

The deep blacks this dial can reach while still achieving a bright green is still the standard no other dial has attained. Plus no X factor flaw. The Miyota dial will need to be shaved a bit and new feet attached. Another challenge but not a dealbreaker for what should be a great combination dial.

15313989991150.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

15620397725013.jpg

15753491418011.jpg

15670811830016.jpg

srhoque

28/11/18
Same here. I have a BP Miyota that is IMO the best rep Hulk dial ever made. Transferring the ZZF markers to it is not something for a novice hobbyist but it isn't terribly difficult either. I've done enough marker repairs to be confident in doing it myself.

The deep blacks this dial can reach while still achieving a bright green is still the standard no other dial has attained. Plus no X factor flaw. The Miyota dial will need to be shaved a bit and new feet attached. Another challenge but not a dealbreaker for what should be a great combination dial.

15313989991150.jpg

15620397725013.jpg

15753491418011.jpg

15670811830016.jpg

That looks amazing but where can I get the Miyota dial?

Reactions: Abduljay

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15

.jpg[/img]

nice find mate, fairly easy to trim it down on a lathe

Reactions: KJ2020

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Here’s a pic of a gen 2014 hulk next to a gen 2018 hulk, apologies photo isn’t great but Even here photography depicts there is a difference in colour and they are right next to each other. It’s a headf***k I have mates with gen Hulk’s and from different eras 2012, 2014 and the latest... even they argue that their dial colours are different when they are right next to each other comparing lol. Even The slightest angle makes a difference to how the colour changes. Not an easy thing to replicate even when the factories have the gen In hand.
There’s always going to be some trade off with these dials. The zzf and BP look good but for me the date window shape a large radius in the internal corners are an easy tell especially with the gen crystal.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Here’s a pic of a gen 2014 hulk next to a gen 2018 hulk, apologies photo isn’t great but Even here photography depicts there is a difference in colour and they are right next to each other. It’s a headf***k I have mates with gen Hulk’s and from different eras 2012, 2014 and the latest... even they argue that their dial colours are different when they are right next to each other comparing lol. Even The slightest angle makes a difference to how the colour changes. Not an easy thing to replicate even when the factories have the gen In hand.
There’s always going to be some trade off with these dials. The zzf and BP look good but for me the date window shape a large radius in the internal corners are an easy tell especially with the gen crystal.

This is exactly the reason why it’s almost impossible to say what’s accurate or not if gens look different next to each other. The rep won’t look off, easier tells next to a gen for me would be the hour marker shape and hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mnkoshka and k4jun

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Everyone discarding the ARF dial?

Think it’s nice myself

As said before all trade offs with these dials. All close enough and as the guy with the two gens said, two next to each other look different so why is op worried about his zzf

What’s the point of having the correct sunburst or deep black when the hour markers are flat and square, lume is too smooth, too white, or Patchy.

Wear what you like the most. I personally think overall the zzf has nailed that gen look about their dial. Greens nice, hour markers look correct an lume is raised and has a grain to it and seems to be the right colour

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

15313989991150.jpg

15620397725013.jpg

15753491418011.jpg

15670811830016.jpg

I’ve been practicing and practicing and practicing. I have two dials that I’ve been working with. A cheap Daytona dial and a 2813 redline sea dweller dial. I can take the markers off ok. I am getting to the point where I can put them back on ok but I still haven’t used a glue/epoxy and even if I get to the point where I do, I still don’t know about doing it on a hulk dial. The sunburst is just too unforgiving and the dark color shows too many imperfections.

Even for rep dials I don’t want to screw it up. I couldn’t even imagine doing it ona gen. I have no idea how @pelagatic did it with two gen Rolex dial putting gen markers on the BP dial.

Hazing

9/5/19
KJ2020 gen LN gmt dials are getting inexpensive enough now. I know you’ve taken apart a few gmts. I haven’t looked yet with an eye focused on the details. Do you think the markers on a gmt with chromalight markers uses the same markers as a Submariner?

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
Fellas
Im about to sell the GMF dial.
Pm me if you want reserved sale.

I will sell it later today.

Hazing

9/5/19
Abduljay you might want to edit that post. You're not supposed to push sales, solicit sales, try to sell, or post wtb posts outside of the sales forum/subforums. I am sure you can reword that to say it a little less obviously so mods/admin don't have anything to reprimand.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
KJ2020 gen LN gmt dials are getting inexpensive enough now. I know you’ve taken apart a few gmts. I haven’t looked yet with an eye focused on the details. Do you think the markers on a gmt with chromalight markers uses the same markers as a Submariner?

Pretty sure The chroma markets between gen gmt and sub are the same, I’ve got pics but can’t upload them for some reason