• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BlackBird - Black Face & Polished?

Tubbs

Known Member
2/4/09
I have a friend that purchased a BlackBird from Timeshops.net with a blue face and is in a brushed steel finish My brother would like a black face if possible but also in the polished finish as he's looked at an original and prefers this look.

Timeshops.net only have the brushed metal finish, does anyone know if this watch is available anywhere else?

Any help greatly appreciated!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
The Blackbird in gen form only came with a black dial and brushed finish with bevel cut links. Hence why it is called the Blackbird. The blue dial your brother has is a fantasy model. Probably has a white datewheeeel too. Didn't think they sold that stuff. In any case all the dealers will have it with a brushed bracelet. Now you could buy a seperate one for the regular BCE and swap it.

Tubbs

Known Member
2/4/09
The blue dial is probably his mistake, it will have been the double A/R coating probably, he went to a shop on Saturday and they had a polished version in the window, it was locked in a cabinet and that will be his confusion, they gave him a booklet with a lot of the brietling range in and the BlackBird does come available in Brushed and Polished versions.

Although, I agree with you, it looks like the only version being replicated at present is the brushed steel version.

Joshua from PerfectClones has told me there is a polished version in the making but not on the market just yet.

Mark from Timeshops also confirmed they can only get the bushed version.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
If he has AR then it is probably a 7750. And though I wouldn't trust a damn thing Josh says. If a polished version is in the works then that means Breitling just began offering it. So you can either swap the bracelet or wait until the new one comes out.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
as Fakey said, the Blackbird is brushed and not polished. your Brother may have seen something else or someone put a BCR bracelet on it. The side of the case is polished.
Check the reference number and check the Breitling side.

Tubbs

Known Member
2/4/09
guru: they definately do 2 versions of the blackbird now, bracelet, bezel and full casing is polished, I have the Brietling brochure in front of me and it does look nice too!

So maybe there is a rep in the making.

The model number in the brochure is 531 (polished version)
They also do a brown leather strapped version 532, a hole punctured rubber strap 530, a brietling logo rubber strap version 533 and the brushed steel version that were used to 534.

phaedo

Known Member
28/11/06
Tubbs is correct, there is a polished version, and it is very polished.
http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/v ... 14&start=0
po2d0063.jpg

All I can find right now, but it does exist (in gen form)

Edit to add Have found the topic now, http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/v ... +blackbird
breitling01-1080.jpg

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
it would be pretty easy to get a brushed version and polish it if you don't want to wait for the rep.

Tubbs

Known Member
2/4/09
oh, major tennis elbow there! would be very difficult to get into bezel detailing and in between links etc, probably due in less than 6 months, just buy the brushed version in the meantime! :wink:

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
ill have to get one of these to sit next to is brushed brother when they are reped :mrgreen:

smithy37

3/2/09
Tubbs,

I have just read this post and can't believe that you think the Blackbirds face is blue. I suggest you take off your blue tinted spectacles and rub your eyes 8)

Brietling Bluebird anybody?

cazIRL

Renowned Member
5/11/08
His specs must have AR coating hence the blue tint 8) 8) 8) 8)
Personally I think th polished bracelet takes away from the BB, it faceted links and brushed finish make it stand out as something different from the popular chronomat.
To each their own :D

Tubbs

Known Member
2/4/09
Smithy37 - Lol, that will be your Brother in Law, spoke to him before I posted this and he was adiment it was Blue, he also thought it was the polished version!! Dont pass the blame on me, its your family! :wink: having said that he hasnt had it long enough to know! :shock:

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I see that the polished rep is now available. Contact your dealer.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Yes the polished version is due for release this week. Only problem I see is that the factory say "It's been polished with a Gen in the same room" so expect a price hike!!!

Tubbs

Known Member
2/4/09
When you say contact your dealer, I assume when released most dealers will have the same watch?

Just have to wait until a dealer posts that these are available, hope they do the polished version with a black rubber strap with holes, looks good in Brietlings brochure!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I only have seen pics with the SS bracelet, but you can easy get another black leather strap