• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Sorry for the weird double quoted stupid posts. What i was trying to say was the bezel insert issue was a QC issue as well on the regular SMPs from VSF.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
MrBurgundy could I be a pain in the arse and ask for some detailed pics of your gen mesh please? Would be nice to see just how much it actually tapers.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
MrBurgundy could I be a pain in the arse and ask for some detailed pics of your gen mesh please? Would be nice to see just how much it actually tapers.

I was going to say, if no comparison is going to happen maybe some close up shots of the details of the watch would be good for those of us taking delivery to compare with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonnyDB10

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/20
He has only the Nato strap as we recently had a conversation expressing our desire for Omega to sell the Milanese band separately from the watch.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Why do you guys always do this, use photoshop to line things up.. You understand the concept of perspective right? Unless the photo is taken at a perfect 90 degree angle from the glass things don't line up. Clearly the photo on top the watch is tilted back a bit, look at the lug length top compared to bottom. This will make the bezel number raise since it higher than the dial. Hell if you want to be that picky, even the gen photo the 15 and 20 markers are are off.

I'm talking about the bezel insert that is not lined up with the pointed part of the scalloped edge of the bezel. Nothing to do with the perspective of the photo angle or the bezel aligning with the dial markers etc. Any angle and you can still see the bezel insert misalignment with the outer bezel part. I thought I made it clear when I posted that. Hence why I drew the red line from the marker on the bezel insert onto the edge of the bezel. That's where they don't center. Even Andrew at Trusty understood what I meant and will be looking into it.

Like someone here mentioned, it's probably an easy fix but I don't want to have to remove the bezel insert myself on a new watch I receive and attempt to fix it. Hell no. I'll probably do more damage. Some probably would, but I wouldn't. Heck everything else on the watch looked ok. In fact I nearly approved it for shipping then I remembered the tricky scalloped bezel of the SMP that reps always have issues with in the past aligning the bezel insert for some reason. So I made a double check and there it was, a bezel insert misalignment on my QC pics.

I hope this picture makes it clear as to what I mean. Others should recheck their QC pics properly, coz to me this is unacceptable.

49764113842_3505251b29_b.jpg

it was definitely a QC issue on the normal SMP’s from VSF.

Ah interesting. Didn't notice that. I knew it was an issue on rep SMP's in the past before the VSF's reps were around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kostiksch

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
He has only the Nato strap as we recently had a conversation expressing our desire for Omega to sell the Milanese band separately from the watch.

That's correct, it's the nato version. I luckily managed to pick one up for a bit of a discount off the retail price but while I don't mind the nato, I really want it on a milanese! A few days ago in this thread when I mentioned that a couple of boutiques had told me that the bracelet was going to be sold separately, that wasn't BS—was making calls around before Omega's shutdown, so it now might be a bit of a wait until I can get one on the watch unfortunately.

Reactions: jpchub and AllanUSC

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
I was going to say, if no comparison is going to happen maybe some close up shots of the details of the watch would be good for those of us taking delivery to compare with

Would be happy to help out. Just let me know what you'd like to see. Although with just my phone camera I probably won't be able to provide anything more detailed than some of the close-ups of the gen already seen around online.

Reactions: stufuse

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
I don’t see it, even in your pic here.

Anyway it’s probably (for me) the nicest watch omega have made in a while, perfect balance of vintage style on a modern day watch. I’d say having the gen you owe it to this thread to make a comparison;)

Where are you based?

I meant the rep doesn't show the brown/tropical colours of the gen when under direct sun or artificial light, not in shaded/indirect light like in the most recent photo. The rep doesn't look too far off the gen in indirect light.

I'm in Australia :)

Mrpong

15/9/19
Not sure anyone mentioned about the fonts of bezel insert (V2) . It seems a bit thinner than gen and than V1 as well?
raC8c.jpg

Gen
raP7X.jpg

Gen
raX3i.jpg

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Not sure anyone mentioned about the fonts of V2. It seems thinner than gen and than V1 as well?

Yes I mentioned that a couple of times when I posted that same V1 and V2 comparison pic. I mentioned that the font is too thin on the V2, but too thick on the V1. The gen font is somewhere in between.

Last edited:

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
I'm talking about the bezel insert that is not lined up with the pointed part of the scalloped edge of the bezel. Nothing to do with the perspective of the photo angle or the bezel aligning with the dial markers etc. Any angle and you can still see the bezel insert misalignment with the outer bezel part. I thought I made it clear when I posted that. Hence why I drew the red line from the marker on the bezel insert onto the edge of the bezel. That's where they don't center. Even Andrew at Trusty understood what I meant and will be looking into it.

Like someone here mentioned, it's probably an easy fix but I don't want to have to remove the bezel insert myself on a new watch I receive and attempt to fix it. Hell no. I'll probably do more damage. Some probably would, but I wouldn't. Heck everything else on the watch looked ok. In fact I nearly approved it for shipping then I remembered the tricky scalloped bezel of the SMP that reps always have issues with in the past aligning the bezel insert for some reason. So I made a double check and there it was, a bezel insert misalignment on my QC pics.

I hope this picture makes it clear as to what I mean. Others should recheck their QC pics properly, coz to me this is unacceptable.

Yeah Sorry mate, my bad.
I completely agree and with you, no way I would chance trying to pry it off and fix it either, I'd only butcher it in the process. I'd imagine this would be a case by case basis depending on who put it in the factory, some will be fine, some off.

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
the texture on the V2 bezel (and dial) seems to be closer to gent, but as mentioned the font is too thin, V1 bezel font looks closer to me

AllanUSC

Known Member
16/2/20
I'm talking about the bezel insert that is not lined up with the pointed part of the scalloped edge of the bezel.

Thanks for pointing this out. Definitely something I'll look out for when I get my QC pics.

FYI, the QC pics already shared on this thread appear to be aligned correctly.

Lor2016

Horology Curious
20/8/19
Relative newbie here so might be a silly question. But when a v2 like this comes out, what do factories and TD’s tend to do with V1. Do they get reduced or are they just discontinued?

ksaander

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
29/4/10
EU
I hope they will release it with a2824 or myota movement, putting a next to impossible service superclone in a closed back watch is ridiculous

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Yes I mentioned that a couple of times when I posted that same V1 and V2 comparison pic. I mentioned that the font is too thin on the V2, but too thick on the V1. The gen font is somewhere in between.

By miles, I prefer V1 bezel.

Likely V3 will be a fact