• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Originally posted by Redheart View Post
It does actually, exactly like GMF. If only mine had good number engravings... Oh well, until I find a good BLRO insert, I will put a gen LN insert and call it a day!

I don't think I will ever find a gen BLRO insert, but in the meantime, the gen bezel and insert on my GMF is gonna sit there until a nice BLRO insert standalone is released!

I really love that combo actually, way more than I thought! ;)

49352907498_6141df0dce_b.jpg

Very nice combo my friend! ;-)

shortlegs

31/5/19
Doesn't look like there's much difference to be honest. Probably just a matter of different color saturation and contrast on the photo. I'm playing around with the editing of my own QC photos from some time ago and I can get a similar shade.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Its the same brownish red. No difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like the process is inconsistent, and some are definitely better than others. Not clear if there's really a consistent "batch" quality, but some inserts are like chocolate in the sun and others look pretty gen V2-like. The bigger issue now is the red-to-blue transition point at 18. Without a gen in hand for comparison, that's the only major tell to my eye.

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
I think it is very difficult to achieve red/blue colors like gen ...but the level is very very good on the Noob... considering "toys" like GMF.. and so on..

Redheart

17/5/19
Anyone attempted to correct the inner shape of the crownguards? The angle is different on the gen, the crown is more exposed.

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Got my noob Pepsi back today! New ICHS movement installed. It cost me almost $400 for the movement, new hands and service labor, but now I have a gorgeous looking piece that actually works! I suppose spending almost $1100 is better than throwing $700 out the window.

Noob should be ashamed to be selling this junk movement for such a high price. Thanks to member oascom for making it all happen! Amazing service!

1f76c59c8455563579a33a8ac299e9ed.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
After reading through 98 pages (I stopped at 98) my conclusion is that to me this rep has a big tell tell that you don’t need a side by side comp with gen to notice. And that is the issue with where blue meets red at the 18. I don’t mind many flaws that one may notice but is unsure about in absence of a side by side comparison. Issue above is a direct tell with no comparison needed. I’ll wait it out.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
After reading through 98 pages (I stopped at 98) my conclusion is that to me this rep has a big tell tell that you don’t need a side by side comp with gen to notice. And that is the issue with where blue meets red at the 18. I don’t mind many flaws that one may notice but is unsure about in absence of a side by side comparison. Issue above is a direct tell with no comparison needed. I’ll wait it out.

Less than 1% of the population would know about that, including many gen owners. Hold your phone at arm's length and look at my nice large pic a few posts above and tell me you can clearly see where the 18 transition line is. And if you can, stop cheating by zooming in on it, lol. I'm not a Noob fan boy but no speed bumps and pretty accurate colors make this insert a plus to the watch, in fact THE plus to the watch, not a reason to pass it by IMO.