• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 111 NOOB V5 WHAT????????

Penduboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/19
Hi all,

just want to advise all new owners to check and tight screws of Crown Guard and strap pins. Mine came loose and are almost fell out. I quickly grabbed my screw driver and tightened all screws. Can anyone recommend anything to apply in order to keep these screws tight so that they won’t come lose again.

thanks

Last edited:

chocman02

8/12/19

hey everyone,

Just got QC from andrew at Trustytime (very prompt).
I know the short micrometer screw is a know issue on the V5s but would you say this is exaggerated enough to RL? I think this movement just needed to be regulated such that the swan neck is nearly wide open and exaggerates the issue. Im otherwise happy with the QC pics.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

hey everyone,

Just got QC from andrew at Trustytime (very prompt).
I know the short micrometer screw is a know issue on the V5s but would you say this is exaggerated enough to RL? I think this movement just needed to be regulated such that the swan neck is nearly wide open and exaggerates the issue. Im otherwise happy with the QC pics.

What's RL?

chocman02

8/12/19
What's RL?

RL means red light.
when your dealer sends you QC (quality control) you have the option to RL (red light) ie ask for a different example of the watch or GL (green light) ie proceed with delivery.

This flaw seems to be across all current PAM111 reps so i GL'd in the end as i was happy with the rest of the watch.

Highly recommend andrew from trustytime.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Real Life

So you're wrong. :lol: RL is not a standard acronym for Real Life, hence my question. :) IRL is commonly understood as In Real Life, but not RL.

This is the first time I've come across RL equated to Red Light (or GL for Green Light). I work in a global manufacturing company where we have QC and we just use pass/reject instead of obscure acronyms.

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
So you're wrong. :lol: RL is not a standard acronym for Real Life, hence my question. :) IRL is commonly understood as In Real Life, but not RL.

This is the first time I've come across RL equated to Red Light (or GL for Green Light). I work in a global manufacturing company where we have QC and we just use pass/reject instead of obscure acronyms.

Lol in texting RL means real life :)

IntenseImage

16/6/19
Just got my QC pics (rejected) ... Looks like the screw length was good but damn this crown guard pin

IntenseImage

16/6/19
That screw length is far from good. It's too short.

Wow really, I'm just learning the PAM stuff and it seemed way longer than some other examples. Got a good ref pic so I can see the proper length? I won't reject due to this but that pin can't be over looked

dirtyharry44

16/3/15
USA
Just got my QC pics (rejected) ... Looks like the screw length was good but damn this crown guard pin

That dial also looks crooked to my eyes. The 3 is not centered in the rectangle formed by the crown guard.

This appears to be an issue lately with more than one type of rep from more than one factory, as I recently purchased an IWC 3777 and was told after seeing QC pics of a misaligned dial that all other current examples from the factory had the same problem. I accepted anyway and planned to live with the minor flaw, but I’m already wondering if there might be someone associated with the forum who I can send the watch to to get this nagging defect fixed (as well as a small issue with the A7750 chrono function). My OCD itches every time I look at an otherwise lovely rep.

Penduboy

10/11/19
Yes, mine is Noob V5. Lume is green on my watch as well. I think the colour looks little bit different in camera :)

Thanks

Last edited:

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
Is it worth buying a Marlin modded one? Or does the V5 bring does it unnecessary

Last edited: