• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
IMG_50098fd252e5bcaf5a08.jpg

martinpaynebfc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/16
eaf8915ac5c382a87b697c819a68579b.jpg
30316be6c42e06c46ba865666db9dc3a.jpg
here’s my TC LV With Gen Insert Gen Hands V5 clasp and yuki 3135 installed, I also got told gen crystal but after seeing some on this thread I’m starting to have doubts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
here’s my TC LV With Gen Insert Gen Hands V5 clasp and yuki 3135 installed, I also got told gen crystal but after seeing some on this thread I’m starting to have doubts

Looks like a JF, TC didn't have rehaut engravings to my knowledge though maybe in the very early years before 2014. Lots of things look wrong with this watch, Hands, Dial, Crystal, rehaut, Date wheel....I would be very concerned. Who sold you this and on what forum????

Last edited:
Reactions: cpd2186

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like a JF, TC didn't have rehaut engravings to my knowledge though maybe in the very early years before 2014. Lots of things look wrong with this watch, Hands, Dial, Crystal, rehaut, Date wheel....I would be very concerned. Who sold you this and on what forum????

That's a BP bro. Here's mine on the bottom. Dial coronets and fonts, text layout, rehaut all identical. Date window is narrower than JF and it's in the ETA position, JF window is wider and in the Rolex position. The crystal has been changed but it can't be gen because of the cyclops position (aside from where the top and bottom joining the sides are too rounded). I paid $268 for this rep, 3135 version is around $308 new from Trusty. JF dial has long f in ft and 300m (no space).

https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=16540

15754407884130.jpg

Last edited:

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
That's a BP bro. Here's mine on the bottom. Dial coronets and fonts, text layout, rehaut all identical. Date window is narrower than JF and it's in the ETA position, JF window is wider and in the Rolex position. The crystal has been changed but it can't be gen because of the cyclops position (aside from where the top and bottom joining the sides are too rounded). I paid $268 for this rep, 3135 version is around $308 new from Trusty. JF dial has long f in ft and 300m (no space).

https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=16540

15754407884130.jpg

OMG the poor guy got totally ripped off at RG!!!!!

Reactions: cpd2186 and KJ2020

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach

This is truly heartbreaking that someone would take advantage of someone. Raddave cmaster occb2 mysterio . Mysterio this was sold at Repgeek. Members on all forums should beware

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
martinpaynebfc

Agree with Thrasher - you should contact the mods over this - that BP can be had for $240. Nothing on yours is gen.

Last edited:

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
martinpaynebfc

Agree with Thrasher - you should contact the mods over this - that BP can be had for $240. Nothing on yours is gen.

The whole thing is disgusting.

Poor bastard was told it was a TC with GEN Insert, Gen Crystal, Gen hands, V5 clasp and a yuki 3135
all for the low price of 600 GBP and on top of that the guy bought it outside of a posted thread.

On one hand you have to say " YOU ***** DID NO RESEARCH!" a gen TC with those parts would be around $2000.00.

But still he was ripped off by a RG member who has been around since 2010, has paid for a membership but only has 74 posts in near 10 years. I wont say his name because he is not here to defend himself and this is between victim and suspect.

Still very Sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and cpd2186

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17

TCV7LVX

TCV7LVX with Gen LN insert, Gen crystal and Gen 93250 bracelet

Reactions: Thrasher

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
This is truly heartbreaking that someone would take advantage of someone. Raddave cmaster occb2 mysterio . Mysterio this was sold at Repgeek. Members on all forums should beware

Hard to move with this very limited information. It's like telling a police office "Sir, there's been a robbery. Good day." :) Also, I have not received any communication as well regarding this matter (which is what one is expected to do) and the buyer was last on RG 4/29/2018 nor did he post on any sale for a TC (in fact he has no posts). Anyway, found the possible seller from the RWG thread posted, but he has not posted a sales thread for such a watch on RG and now it turns out this was sold off of Facebook. That is way out of our scope of responsibility as these facts so far makes it backdoor sales and all fora have similar rules regarding these (as in you are SOL if you do this).

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hard to move with this very limited information. It's like telling a police office "Sir, there's been a robbery. Good day." :) Also, I have not received any communication as well regarding this matter (which is what one is expected to do) and the buyer was last on RG 4/29/2018 nor did he post on any sale for a TC (in fact he has no posts). Anyway, found the possible seller from the RWG thread posted, but he has not posted a sales thread for such a watch on RG and now it turns out this was sold off of Facebook. That is way out of our scope of responsibility as these facts so far makes it backdoor sales and all fora have similar rules regarding these (as in you are SOL if you do this).

martinpaynebfc

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

He posted on 12/3 after which his watch was disproven not to be a TC on 12/4, has been here last 12/10 and yet, he has not logged back in to RG (if this was indeed from an RG sales thread) since 4/29/18. On the very same thread you posted on RWG, he clearly states:

Hello, I Cannot as I we didn’t make contact on here we went through Facebook it was only after I found out he is a member of RWG

Clearly he did not buy that off of an RG sales thread (if it were, then it would be easy enough to check and I checked, three times). What would you have staff do? Police all members even outside the forum? :facepalm:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
He posted on 12/3 after which his watch was disproven not to be a TC on 12/4, has been here last 12/10 and yet, he has not logged back in to RG (if this was indeed from an RG sales thread) since 4/29/18. On the very same thread you posted on RWG, he clearly states:

Clearly he did not buy that off of an RG sales thread (if it were, then it would be easy enough to check and I checked, three times). What would you have staff do? Police all members even outside the forum? :facepalm:

There was some misunderstanding about how the watch was bought. Buyer contacted me after I posted pics of my BP and showed that his purchase was clearly not a TC. He said he bought it from an RWG member, so I suggested he PM a mod there. Instead he posted the thread there which was shut down because it was revealed the watch had been purchased on Facebook. AFAIK, the buyer did not ever say anything about RG, certainly not to me.

Your post affirms the ultimate conclusion reached on RWG, that sales made outside of forum sales threads can't be supported. I tagged the buyer so he could see the consistent response from another forum.

BTW I have a screenshot of a post on RWG made by the seller indicating he sold the TC in 2017. I know that doesn't change the outcome of this sale but at least the buyer can know the truth.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
mysterio I'm sorry if I have made trouble for you, I only stated what I was told and initially the buyer mislead me into thinking the watch was purchased on RG and that the transaction was recent.

As I said before. This is a perfect example of why we should use the sales sections of our forums and why before you throw away 600 GBP you should make an effort to understand what it is your buying.

I really think this could be made into a sticky on all the forums as an example of what not to do.

Lets Review:

Buyer had no idea what a TC with a Genuine Crystal, Genuine Hands, Genuine bezel insert Looked Like and was Worth.
Buyer purchased the watch outside of a professionally run forum such as RG or RWI.
Buyer for his lack of Due Diligence and Best practices spent $789 on a $240 watch.
Buyer then posted his watch in this thread for what reason I dont know as he clearly already knew what it was.

I then in good faith tried to help buyer, This is why People give up on NOOBs and stop trying to help.

Reactions: cpd2186 and KJ2020

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
mysterio I'm sorry if I have made trouble for you, I only stated what I was told and initially the buyer mislead me into thinking the watch was purchased on RG and that the transaction was recent.

As I said before. This is a perfect example of why we should use the sales sections of our forums and why before you throw away 600 GBP you should make an effort to understand what it is your buying.

I really think this could be made into a sticky on all the forums as an example of what not to do.

Lets Review:

Buyer had no idea what a TC with a Genuine Crystal, Genuine Hands, Genuine bezel insert Looked Like and was Worth.
Buyer purchased the watch outside of a professionally run forum such as RG or RWI.
Buyer for his lack of Due Diligence and Best practices spent $789 on a $240 watch.
Buyer then posted his watch in this thread for what reason I dont know as he clearly already knew what it was.

I then in good faith tried to help buyer, This is why People give up on NOOBs and stop trying to help.

No trouble at all, but also just stating that I did check RG and from what I gathered in a short period of time, the sale did not occur on RG or any other forum. ;) We always tell members to do their due diligence before buying anything. Even if posted in the sales section, sometimes issues arise because the buyer was too trusting/lazy to ask for more pictures, do the research on whether the item posted is accurate and the asking price is fair/not suspicious. Unfortunately, our advice usually falls on deaf ears and we have to hammer in the instruction after the fact.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
That's a BP bro.

This ^^^^^^

martinpaynebfc I am sorry to hear you got ripped off.

As Thrasher said this emphasises the importance of buying from M2M sections on reputable rep fora which are well patrolled. TC sales on RWI cause more trouble and have led to more people being scammed than any other watch. Buying off fora is a recipe for disaster as you have zero backup if something goes wrong.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Thrasher